Melbourne Football

Vs WSW Fri 11th February

kingofhearts

41 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I take it you didn’t watch the 30minutes of first half. That’s okay.

I always fire the boys up, it worked last week with JMAC too.

Didn’t get to start watching till 40th

Edited by Goldy
  • Like 1

I missed the first half, a solid win away from home.

Positives:

Won, and with <50% possession, unusual for us

The team look to be playing more freely, perhaps a coincidence, but without the sideline micromanagement.

Great pressing from our midfield

Good games from Florin and Leckie, good to see him playing positively and scoring

Negatives:

A very tough penalty on Good, that's the second soft penalty we've conceded in consecutive games

Pucciarelli might get a combined total of 45 minutes for the season the way it's going

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

it's a bit hard to blame him as he only had three minutes on the ground before the final whistle.

It was pointless bringing him on in the 90th minutes, all appearances in the A-League have been so far.

Unless you are building a case around games played (as these are seen like that)…3 games played, 3 possessions only. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Oh man Leckies first half an hour was so bad but both his headers were so good. Maybe the best bad game I've seen from a player in quite some time.

Berenguer is playing exceptionally well atm and is such a threat. Both his goals were so well taken (despite the offside).

Amazed to see us use all 5 subs, although quite concerned with how little gametime Tilio is getting. We really struggle to maintain possession late in games and that i not conducive to good performances for an attacking sub who only gets to play the last 20 minutes ever. Obviously even more concerned about what it is doing for Colakovskis development.

WSW are terrible and that penalty was bullshit. Half their subs were like a who who of "who's gonna be Australias next big thing" from 12 years ago that didn't play out. 

Pleased to see us finally start to be more direct with corners, although noted that as soon as Galloway came back on we reverted back to the pass to him on the 45 and then weak cross into the first man. Can we not just keep whipping it in? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Aardvark said:

Oh man Leckies first half an hour was so bad but both his headers were so good. Maybe the best bad game I've seen from a player in quite some time.

Hopefully, he has a bad game as good as that every Round😀

4 hours ago, The Aardvark said:

WSW are terrible and that penalty was bullshit. Half their subs were like a who who of "who's gonna be Australias next big thing" from 12 years ago that didn't play out. 

WSW were terrible, it was hard to see any purposeful pattern of play, no particular style, no cohesion, no shape.

31 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Hopefully, he has a bad game as good as that every Round😀

WSW were terrible, it was hard to see any purposeful pattern of play, no particular style, no cohesion, no shape.

WSW were pretty decent for the first half hour, and they showed a lot of shape and cohesion. Then we scored, woke up, started playing and stopped them playing. The reason they looked poor for much of the match was because our play made them look like that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

WSW were pretty decent for the first half hour, and they showed a lot of shape and cohesion. Then we scored, woke up, started playing and stopped them playing. The reason they looked poor for much of the match was because our play made them look like that.

I missed the first half, unfortunately. My comments are confined to what I saw in the second half

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Agreed, we could have easily have conceded in those first 30minutes and it would have been a repeat of the home match. We didn’t do well with their deeper midfielders, it confused the hell out of O’Neill as he had to choose. Plus this was one of the reasons Metcalf was invisible as he had to choose between playing the “City game” and tracking back. Strange game as we had so little possession.

Edited by Mr MO