Melbourne Football

Tuesday 7:45 KO vs Newy

kingofhearts

10 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Logically both need to get involved as we're going to need a fair bit of squad rotation over the next three weeks. But not sure what logic is presently applying and why some decisions are being made.

There was no rotation at all some weeks back when we had aĀ busy period, we expected it as PK complained about the busy schedule but it never happened.

Edit: in fairness we had covid going through the squad back then.

Edited by Mr MO

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

There was no rotation at all some weeks back when we had aĀ busy period, we expected it as PK complained about the busy schedule but it never happened.

Edit: in fairness we had covid going through the squad back then.

Yes, I think that he had a legitimate reason at that time. And because of the tight lips throughout CFG we don't know the real COVID situation even now, except that Curtis Good has been quite ill. I guess that it's a balance between the privacy of players asĀ individuals and supporter interest in the club.

1 hour ago, citypool said:

I think this match is Ko is at 8:10

Ā 

also how hard is it to find news on the match? We badly need a midweek show talking footballĀ 

Livescores.com says 8.05 p.m. Thoroughly agree with your commentĀ about a football show. Should be highlights from the previous week and details about the next matches. Desperately needed. Can't see why, if nothing else, APL can't do its own and whatever we need to watch it is an optional extra in all A-League club memberships.

It's what shits me - and others - about all the fuss about sex equality in the game when there are (IMO) far more important issues still facing the game that aren't being dealt with.

Ā 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

How can they rest the bos after such a long break? What a crock of shit

You mean ā€œwhat we make up so that Leckie playsā€.

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty much same old, same old. Jenkinson and Pucci on the bench, no Endoh, Reis injured, so one only out of our five visa players is starting.

Which unknown assistant coach is in charge on the sideline tonight?

Yes, work harder and just stick to the system.Ā 

Jenko and Pucci is an expensive bench by the way!

2 hours ago, haz said:

Yep Paramount fixture preview has it at 8:05 (AEDT)Ā 

I had high hopes for ParamountĀ but the lack of general content, highlights, talk shows etcĀ outsideĀ the matches is disappointing.Ā 

What really annoys me on the app is that I need to find the matchesĀ in between the TVs and movies, itā€™s been treated poorlyĀ like that. It isĀ hardly being highlighted that they have live sports, should really blast of the home screen when a live match is on.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What was this again?

Done nothing wrong so far, Pena will be booked soon.

5 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

How is it a clear dive when VAR looked to see if it was a Pen ?

Because the VAR is manned by a referee far less competentĀ than the referee himself.Ā 

Come on guys, surely we could all see that JMAC overreacted?!

Edited by Mr MO
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Another example why Jmac can't make it overseas.Ā 

Heā€™s not worth the money heā€™s on at the momentĀ if we are really honest but we hate talking about it. PoorĀ finishingĀ and also just poor field play. Still 5 goals and then most think JMAC is a poacher which he really isnā€™tĀ if you look closely at the conversion ratio. Harsh but true.

Such a Berenguer goal isnā€™t it! Open goal and a tap in offĀ the defenderā€¦.we will take it Florin!

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Heā€™s not worth the money heā€™s on at the momentĀ if we are really honest but we hate talking about it. PoorĀ finishingĀ and also just poor field play. Still 5 goals and then most think JMAC is a poacher which he really isnā€™tĀ if you look closely at the conversion ratio. Harsh but true.

Agree but at the same time hes equal top scorer for the league this season. Who do you replace him with.Ā 

11 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Agree but at the same time hes equal top scorer for the league this season. Who do you replace him with.Ā 

Yeah thatā€™s what I mean, people and even the press who donā€™t watch our games closely think 5 goals wow! IĀ see more than tripleĀ clearĀ cutĀ chances being missed, some of them even Glover would have scored or at least not aimed at the goal keeper. He should be on 8 to 10 goals by now.

Who do you replace him with, good question - I would like to think for a million bucks you can find better but perhaps Iā€™m dreaming. I donā€™t want gone, heā€™s one of ours but man itā€™s frustrating missing all those easy ones.

Edited by Mr MO

18 minutes ago, Nate said:

Lol absolutely fuck off Maclaren isn't worth it, his stats speak for itself.

The type of stats for this seasonĀ Ā you obviously donā€™t follow or look at haha!Ā 

He need theĀ scoring boots back and finish off the easy ones for confidence itā€™s in his head at moment.

14 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Would still much prefer bos over Leckie but he has been better in this game. Still very underwhelming though.

Been completely dominant and should.be further ahead in all honesty. Need to come out and get a goal early or I can see us going home with a dissapointing 1all draw

Nah we will finish them Ā in the second half! Deserve in the lead.

Edited by Mr MO