Melbourne Football

The Japanese/Asian player signing thread

kingofhearts

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Count me as disappointed. At the moment our squad is not suitable for participation in the ACL...

And it's not so long ago that we were all pleased that the bulk of the squad had been retained. It just goes to show that if you take away a couple of members of a successful team you can easily end up with mediocrity - the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

And it's not so long ago that we were all pleased that the bulk of the squad had been retained. It just goes to show that if you take away a couple of members of a successful team you can easily end up with mediocrity - the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

Or you remember “just wait until we qualify for the ACL”……

• Haha 1

Played in a treble winning MLS season, so he must have some form of quality. 

I can see him being an ACL signing who will play limited league minutes, alot like Tsubaki last season. He will be cheap and we probably don't have much cap room. At least we are using the 3+1 ACL rules, we would sook if we didn't 

15 minutes ago, neio said:

Played in a treble winning MLS season, so he must have some form of quality. 

I can see him being an ACL signing who will play limited league minutes, alot like Tsubaki last season. He will be cheap and we probably don't have much cap room. At least we are using the 3+1 ACL rules, we would sook if we didn't 

If we plan to only use players for the ACL technically they can be outside the cap. We can spend what we want!

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, maybe he's just what we need. Someone not too full of himself who'll work hard and deliver to his capabilities.

and

https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/9/18/17874184/endoh-stunning-hat-trick-not-enough-tfc-ii-fall-4-3-away-to-fc-cincinnati-toronto-tsubasa

Yes, I'm reserving judgement. I'm intrigued. He could be very useful.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Well, maybe he's just what we need. Someone not too full of himself who'll work hard and deliver to his capabilities.

and

https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/9/18/17874184/endoh-stunning-hat-trick-not-enough-tfc-ii-fall-4-3-away-to-fc-cincinnati-toronto-tsubasa

Thanks jw. I'm not super excited but he seems like he has vision to deliver a final ball. As long as we don't start putting in long balls to him 

:hoff:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think we signed him at all did we? He's on holiday and thought he'd drop in for a look, and signed the Visitors' Book?

Begrudgingly I have to live with the fact that the club makes no statement regarding the criteria for acquiring players. And so we are left to read the tea leaves as to why we sign players. Then it gets worse when they don't get a look in. And this is particularly true of visa players. And to add salt to the wound, PK is inconsistent in his mutterings. So if I find that frustrating, I wonder what is like for the players who have to work under him.

• Like 2