Melbourne Football

The Japanese/Asian player signing thread

kingofhearts

42 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

The apparent delay is another reason I think it may be more complex than bringing one player in. There's some sort of transfer window choreography going on.

As in one player going out and another coming in?

10 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Petrillo on FNR said we’re looking to bring 1 more player in 

On top of our Japanese midfield saviour?

9 hours ago, fensaddler said:

The apparent delay is another reason I think it may be more complex than bringing one player in. There's some sort of transfer window choreography going on.

Would have to be some sort of swap. My guess would be we will ultimately end up with Pucci out and Japanese AM in.

Edited by jw1739

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Would have to be some sort of swap. My guess would be we will ultimately end up with Pucci out and Japanese AM in.

Swap, or securing the outward transfer of one player to make the cap space for the one incoming. Could be over reading the situation of course, and delays are far more prosaic.

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Could be getting a fee for metcalfe ? 

So two theories - Metcalf gone as rumoured for months now or Pucci back to Italy, then the Japanse AM in for one or another. 

22 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

A good chance he goes, and even apparently the club has gotten offers for tilio. Although, I don't think they'll let him go

I think it will be good for his development and give it a shot elsewhere on a higher level. Even though he has stalled a little and not really setting the team on fire, sometimes a move can put new blood in your development, change of scenery so the speak. Tillio next year.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I don't quite see that as relevant. So we swap one designated player for another...? Is that prohibited by the rules surrounding designated players?

Perhaps he means more if the swap concerns are around metcalfe?

Edited by Mr MO

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't quite see that as relevant. So we swap one designated player for another...? Is that prohibited by the rules surrounding designated players?

I don't think we can just swap like that in a season but i could be wrong, although next season we have the second designated player spot coming in which gives more room, I feel Metcalfe would not be playing as much if he was set to leave, we saw this with Atkinson.