Melbourne Football

He's the bos- the Jordan Bos thread

kingofhearts

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HughJass said:

Aussie scout reporting he may be off to man city 

Hmm, not sure that that's the best option. Better to go to a club where he's going to actually play for the seniors. As Metcalfe is doing.

Yesterday I thought he overplayed his hand a bit TBH. Nice assist but would be better off taking on 6 players rather than 8.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Hmm, not sure that that's the best option. Better to go to a club where he's going to actually play for the seniors. As Metcalfe is doing.

Yesterday I thought he overplayed his hand a bit TBH. Nice assist but would be better off taking on 6 players rather than 8.

Would likely be sent out on loan I reckon

On 11/04/2023 at 10:46 AM, jw1739 said:

exactly, you can't say we have had a good record with Man City.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Does jordan bos go down as the greatest youth product we've ever produced?

Atkinson may be the only one who can hold a candle to him, but I think bos' ceiling is much higher 

Way too early to make that statement...

However I think he's probably the most exciting prospect we've had and yes he does seem to have the talent to go further than Atkinson. 

• Like 1

Strong rumours he is heading to KVC Westerlo in Belgium. They are currently in a Europa Conference League Spot and their current LB is on loan from Club Brugge.

Looks like a very good move if it eventuates, goes to a reasonable league to a team playing European football with a real good chance of getting starting minutes 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, neio said:

Strong rumours he is heading to KVC Westerlo in Belgium. They are currently in a Europa Conference League Spot and their current LB is on loan from Club Brugge.

Looks like a very good move if it eventuates, goes to a reasonable league to a team playing European football with a real good chance of getting starting minutes 

By all reports it sounds like it's a done deal. With an A League record transfer fee estimated to be $1.6+ Million which is pretty handy for the club! 

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/socceroos-euro-move-shatters-a-league-transfer-record-593775

It would be a really good move, the Belgium league is good for development, they have Euro football and for a club that's not the big 4 over there to spend that kind of money means they really want him and should expect lots of game time.

57 minutes ago, moops said:

It would be a really good move, the Belgium league is good for development, they have Euro football and for a club that's not the big 4 over there to spend that kind of money means they really want him and should expect lots of game time.

Some Aussies have done well in Belgium in the past coming from the A-league so that's a good sign. You wouldn't expect a mid tier Belgium club to be splashing much money on transfer usually. They obviously see the value in him and will want to cash in on their investment ie: play him consistently then sell him off in 2 years for $5+ million or more!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Some Aussies have done well in Belgium in the past coming from the A-league so that's a good sign. You wouldn't expect a mid tier Belgium club to be splashing much money on transfer usually. They obviously see the value in him and will want to cash in on their investment ie: play him consistently then sell him off in 2 years for $5+ million or more!

Also looks like Westerlo have been alternating between playing their local boy De Cuyper and USA player Reynolds in the LB role. Interestingly they are both on loan to the club and have also both been playing in the RB role to. I would assume they may try extend the loan of one of these players and have Bos competing for the LB spot...

2 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Also looks like Westerlo have been alternating between playing their local boy De Cuyper and USA player Reynolds in the LB role. Interestingly they are both on loan to the club and have also both been playing in the RB role to. I would assume they may try extend the loan of one of these players and have Bos competing for the LB spot...

Even better, surely they would want to develop their own.

21 minutes ago, moops said:

Even better, surely they would want to develop their own.

It makes sense hey! Reckon even Bos may get trialled at RB too. Either way surely he's getting quite a bit of game time over there. I had a look at their squad and based on players values it doesn't look like a big difference to the quality in the A-league. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

One day maybe City will learn how to set up the audio at press conferences...(Sigh).

Good luck to the lad, he deserves it. I for one hope to be reading about success for him in Belgium. Metcalfe is going OK in the 2. Bundesliga where St. Pauli are having a good season.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just finished watching KVC Westerlo vs SC Herenveen and Westerlo vs PAOK Sagonika on YouTube. Bos is getting full game time and does not look out of place. Very physical games but he holds his own. His internal competition is a 20 year old Tuur Romens who last season was captain of Young Gent. Interestingly enough against Herenveen the opposition did not foray down the left flank very often as Bos just owned the turf.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...