Melbourne Football

He's the bos- the Jordan Bos thread

kingofhearts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • jw1739 changed the title to He's the bos- the Jordan Bos thread
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Hasn't this guy been a revelation? Fully deserves to keep his starting spot on current form.

The only question I have is that the goal be got last night, was it deflected off anyone when the ball was traveling? Regardless it was an awesome strike!

I loved the look on his face, and that was a great interview. He's loving it at the moment.

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, haz said:

Wow no posts in this guy's thread since April last year. He's been a gun. 

Also, did anyone else know he has dual Aussie and Dutch citizenship? Would make a European move much easier for him. 

We have been most vocal on the subject of Jordy Bos in other threads, especially when PK wouldn't start him. "Where is the Bos?" "When are you going to start the Bos?" "Why aren't you subbing the Bos on now?" And so on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, haz said:

Oh boi, bad luck for him. 

Depends what they are looking for. It was Bos who won the penalty that saved the match for us.

Further, they might stick around and watch the match coming up on Saturday against Macarthur. Second chance perhaps?

Edited by jw1739

10 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Didn't the club say that they had offers for him during the January transfer window but the club declined them all saying that they wanted another season out of him?

He’s got Dutch heritage, if he has Dutch passport it will be an easy transfer target.

Hypothetical (for now at least) - what club would best suit him to develop further? We know what happened with Arzani, I don't think that Hearts is working out for Atkinson, and I don't think that Kuol will progress in Scotland. So for me, no EPL club unless he gets to train and play in the EPL as a loan out to Scotland is not going to benefit Bos. Dutch club? Spanish Club? or even perhaps a season at Yokohama?

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Hypothetical (for now at least) - what club would best suit him to develop further? We know what happened with Arzani, I don't think that Hearts is working out for Atkinson, and I don't think that Kuol will progress in Scotland. So for me, no EPL club unless he gets to train and play in the EPL as a loan out to Scotland is not going to benefit Bos. Dutch club? Spanish Club? or even perhaps a season at Yokohama?

@NewConvert I completely agree with you on this. There is very little point in signing for an EPL club only to end up out on loan unless at worst it is to a Championship club (such as Mooy did with Manchester City /Huddersfield). Bos is 20 years of age (Mooy was 26 when he left Melbourne City, so he was a much more mature player and didn't have stars in his eyes). I would think Bos would have good prospects in the Championship, the Eredivisie or perhaps Ligue 1 in France (as per Denis Genreau) or the 2.Bundesliga (as per Connor Metcalfe). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@NewConvert I completely agree with you on this. There is very little point in signing for an EPL club only to end up out on loan unless at worst it is to a Championship club (such as Mooy did with Manchester City /Huddersfield). Bos is 20 years of age (Mooy was 26 when he left Melbourne City, so he was a much more mature player and didn't have stars in his eyes). I would think Bos would have good prospects in the Championship, the Eredivisie or perhaps Ligue 1 in France (as per Denis Genreau) or the 2.Bundesliga (as per Connor Metcalfe). 

I think that anther criteria is that the destination club should have a football philosophy similar to what we have at City. I think that this is the major problem that Atkinson is having at Hearts and why Ange has been successful with Celtic.

• Like 1

I would think St Pauli would be a decent fit. They've got two Australians in Metcalf and their captain Irvine. And a new manager who is obviously giving Metcalf a run so bullish on Australian players. Championship sides he could do worse than Hull City who have Elder playing for them a full back and also a new manager in Rosenior, who was also a Prem League full back in his day. They could take him under their wing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Le Hack said:

I would think St Pauli would be a decent fit. They've got two Australians in Metcalf and their captain Irvine. And a new manager who is obviously giving Metcalf a run so bullish on Australian players. Championship sides he could do worse than Hull City who have Elder playing for them a full back and also a new manager in Rosenior, who was also a Prem League full back in his day. They could take him under their wing.

That would be a great move, if he aims to high he won't get game time, a move like that would be perfect for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Le Hack said:

And of course Bos has played with Metcalfe.

I kind of think Bos shoukd target a move that would see him being converted to a winger. His attacking style is generally to dribble through tight areas and quick one, two passes. In my opinion this style isn't really how you would have a full back play (generally would be expecting crosses from them so that they are still in reasonable position to get back).

Not to mention that whilst Bos can defend, and does do so very well at times, he can still do some inexcusable stuff.

TL:DR, kids got too much talent to be stuck at LB.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, malloy said:

I kind of think Bos shoukd target a move that would see him being converted to a winger. His attacking style is generally to dribble through tight areas and quick one, two passes. In my opinion this style isn't really how you would have a full back play (generally would be expecting crosses from them so that they are still in reasonable position to get back).

Not to mention that whilst Bos can defend, and does do so very well at times, he can still do some inexcusable stuff.

TL:DR, kids got too much talent to be stuck at LB.

Well they converted Metcalf into their right winger.

But I kind of agree, it's good for his development atm, but he's probably better as a winger. The problem is we need him to play LB right now and Leckie won't be dethroned from LW.

Overall, it's a question of getting the match between the player and the club right. Players are individuals. As @belaguttman has described many times, FC St. Pauli is a rather special club. Metcalfe seems to be prospering there, but just because Metcalfe and Bos are both Australians and both from City doesn't necessarily mean that Bos will be a good fit there. So IMO you must match the aspirations of the player with the philosophies of the club, and social aspects of living where the club is situated, and of course a fair chance of getting first-team football, for the best chance of getting the right outcome.

If Bos does leave us, I hope he goes direct from us to the club of choice rather than via Manchester. IMO that would be better for him.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Overall, it's a question of getting the match between the player and the club right. Players are individuals. As @belaguttman has described many times, FC St. Pauli is a rather special club. Metcalfe seems to be prospering there, but just because Metcalfe and Bos are both Australians and both from City doesn't necessarily mean that Bos will be a good fit there. So IMO you must match the aspirations of the player with the philosophies of the club, and social aspects of living where the club is situated, and of course a fair chance of getting first-team football, for the best chance of getting the right outcome.

If Bos does leave us, I hope he goes direct from us to the club of choice rather than via Manchester. IMO that would be better for him.

Speaking of which, there does not seem to be many (or any) interviews with Bos.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...