Melbourne Football

Sunday vs CCM, January 23rd, 4:05pm KO

kingofhearts

52 minutes ago, neio said:

Does anyone know what happened to Griffiths? Joey Lynch said he was out also. 

If he is and Good isn't back our defense is very thin. Jenkinson starts hopefully, possibly as a CB with Hall or O'Neill. Bos stars in left, Galloway on right 

I thought someone said Griff had COVID?

I'd have thought it would be a big risk starting Jenkinson - change in ground conditions, and the bloody heat won't do him any favours.

22 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I think it was a horrifically formed sentence, he's been at Forrest for two years. 

The club announcement makes it quite clear that the loan to us is for 6 months.

https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-signs-englishman-carl-jenkinson-on-loan

Edited by jw1739

Can we move the ball out to the right to Nabbout at some stage. He is one on one with a kid. Farrell looks good but he is still an 18 year old kid who will probably panic when Nabbout is running straight at him. 

Everytime we come down Leckie side for some reason 

When’s the last time Jmac has calmly finished off a one on one with the goalkeeper? Always so rushed and poorly taken straight on the keepers, not the first time. 

Anybody ever seen him rounding the goalkeeper? In this instance he decides to take it with his weaker foot. So costly most games even more if you concede straight after that.

We can win this if we just score normal chances.

14 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Average everything there, O'Neill shaped up all wrong and Bos should have covered. 

Yeah O’Neill just kept walking back inviting Urena to shoot.

Edited by Mr MO

12 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I understand the handball rule less and less every week. 

I guess it came of his body first, deflected of the knee. That was changed recently besides that didn’t lead up to the goal directly, different story if Leckie would have scored. Not sure if the VAR even looked at it.

Edited by Mr MO

Well needed 3 points!

Berengeur, Leckie all much better, Bos promising. (Leckie still needs to play the ball quicker). Jmac still out of form.

I’ve just heard that Pucci is allergic for game time so according to PK that is the reason he can’t play for us.

Edited by Mr MO

I'll take it.

Needed the win desperately, and was good to see a few players come into form.

A shot out to frenchy as I thought he was quite good today.

With all the doom and gloom on here you would think that we were closer to the bottom of the ladder, not the top. With this win however, we go into third and I believe only a point or two off first. Scary to think that we're this high up the ladder and we haven't even hit our stride yet.

1 minute ago, Billyb0y said:

bos motm.  solid performance, typical of last season.  great considering the backline we started with.  youth showed maturity.

Bos> leckie

47 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I think Florin has been quite good today, which I suspect has more to do with Metcalfe being out holding midfielder and being a lot more dynamic than O'Neill typically is in that position. 

Florin played on the left this time, usually Metcalfe runs there. Makes a difference if you want to cut in, the goal shows that.