Melbourne Football

City vs. Western Sydney, Sunday 9th January, AAMI, 6.45 p.m.

jw1739

32 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Luna and Noone. I miss Noones runs into the box, cut back on the inside, goal. Simple. Still waiting for Leckie to register a decent shot. 

So are we coalescing to the retrospective view that Luna and Noone were our two most influential forwards...?

Was at the game - crowd was small 

Clearly impacted by Covid and then the extra time Cup game ...  good effort to come back.

We keep conceding soft goals, which would be very frustrating after working so hard to make our chances.

PK needs someone beside him who is able to influence his decision making regarding game management - he is literally a spud - he is very frustrating to watch on the sidelines as he is constantly telling the players what to do, and TBH, I don't even think they listen to him when he yells, claps or whistles at them ... he gets so invested in what is happening in the moment that he doesnt think forward

Only one sub ...wtf ... especially after the plague came through and impacted training and we had an ET game mid week - that is seriously dumb ... if you want to watch a car crash, here is his answer to lack of subs and not playing Steff - to me, his dumbness is costing us the season - bring back Des .... (see at 3:10)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Clearly impacted by Covid and then the extra time Cup game ...  good effort to come back.

We keep conceding soft goals, which would be very frustrating after working so hard to make our chances.

PK needs someone beside him who is able to influence his decision making regarding game management - he is literally a spud - he is very frustrating to watch on the sidelines as he is constantly telling the players what to do, and TBH, I don't even think they listen to him when he yells, claps or whistles at them ... he gets so invested in what is happening in the moment that he doesnt think forward

Only one sub ...wtf ... especially after the plague came through and impacted training and we had an ET game mid week - that is seriously dumb ... if you want to watch a car crash, here is his answer to lack of subs and not playing Steff - to me, his dumbness is costing us the season - bring back Des .... (see at 3:10)

Journos are asking the right questions as it’s becoming obvious and a pattern. Interesting that he sees Bos as winger?

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

I can barely hear the audio. Perhaps that's not such a bad thing.... But even though he's never been the greatest speaker (which is no criticism) he usually comes across much better than he does on this occasion.

Man thats a pretty uninspiring interview.

He's never really presented as the thinking mans coach, but that interview had very reasonable questions of which he struggled to answer to any further extent than "experience". Not convinced he's even properly considered the sub issue, and if he presents at all like that to Cola (I'm sure he'd be much better, but I'd want the overall message to be much better delivered) I can definitely see him getting frustrated. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Wow this tells me he's scared to make a sub so we don't lose rather than going for the win. 

His argument with Cola is terrible. Last season Cola was unknown. This season he's an semi established player who featured in our win during the grand final. If I was Cola and this was true I'd be pissed off. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

Wow this tells me he's scared to make a sub so we don't lose rather than going for the win. 

His argument with Cola is terrible. Last season Cola was unknown. This season he's an semi established player who featured in our win during the grand final. If I was Cola and this was true I'd be pissed off. 

If I were him, I'd be considering moving clubs within the A-League. Way too good a player to only play 3 minutes this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2022 at 11:01 PM, HughJass said:

Lucky to be 2000

I think with double headers the attendance recorded for the second match is the number of people entering the ground in total. Some of the spectators watching the first match may leave without watching the second, but they are counted as attending, and some arriving before the conclusion of the first are really there because they want to watch the second. It's a way of making both attendances seem greater than they really are.