Melbourne Football

City vs the 'Nix FFA Cup QF - Kingston Heath - 7.30 p.m. 5th January

mattyh001

4 minutes ago, neio said:

My major takeaway and question from the game is who the hell is our back up penalty taker. If Maclaren is missing or away on socceroos duty, where do we turn? 

Tilio has missed his 2 I've seen him have, Jamo showed he isnt reliable, Florin has taken 1 and missed, Leckie thought there was 7 better options than him, Nabbout I've never seen take a penalty. The only one who stepped up with confidence last night was O'Neill

Seems like a little thing, but a missed penalty could cost us points which we definitely need

Him and Cola, but Cola is rarely on the pitch to take them.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

All the warning signs are there. Majority of possession, most of it sterile, wasted final ball and no-one who can put it into the net.

We need to act and quickly or we can write off the season. COVID or no COVID.

I've just bought my ticket for the negative train. It's scheduled for our next game, and if we continue playing similar It's all aboard.

6 games are generally my go to make a definitive choice and so far this season we are below standard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neio said:

My major takeaway and question from the game is who the hell is our back up penalty taker. If Maclaren is missing or away on socceroos duty, where do we turn? 

Tilio has missed his 2 I've seen him have, Jamo showed he isnt reliable, Florin has taken 1 and missed, Leckie thought there was 7 better options than him, Nabbout I've never seen take a penalty. The only one who stepped up with confidence last night was O'Neill

Seems like a little thing, but a missed penalty could cost us points which we definitely need

Said it last night, a big money socceroo who doesn't take a penalty against a teenage kee[er is just plain wrong. PK made the penalty selection? He opted out? 

Edited by Mr MO

37 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Said it last night, a big money socceroo who doesn't take a penalty against a teenage kee[er is just plain wrong. PK made the penalty selection? He opted out? 

The manager/head coach normally has a list of the order in which the penalties are to be taken, which he adjusts according to substitutions made.

I don't think we should be using COVID as the excuse for the result. Wellington were not without their problems - ours might have been worse but they are playing an entire season away from home.