Melbourne Football

City vs the 'Nix FFA Cup QF - Kingston Heath - 7.30 p.m. 5th January

mattyh001

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He’s come on but certainly seems to be fallen out of favour a little.

We don't know the state of his (COVID) fitness of course, but yes, I get the feeling that for a player who played so well for us at the end of last season he isn't getting a fair crack of the whip.

Victory have won 2-1 in Adelaide.

Edited by jw1739

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

If someone's willing to take him in the window I'd get rid. Waste of a big wage.

I’m making the assumption that our 4 biggest earners in the team are Jmac, Leckie, Pucci and Nabbout.

It don’t doesn’t take much to figure out why we are not meeting the expectations. Nabbout is the only one playing on his level.

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I’m making the assumption that our 4 biggest earners in the team are Jmac, Leckie, Pucci and Nabbout.

It don’t doesn’t take much to figure out why we are not meeting the expectations. Nabbout is the only one playing on his level.

As far as we know the two Marquees are Leckie and Jmac, Pucciarelli is the Designated Player, and Nabbout is under the cap.

Edited by jw1739

Did Leckie’s cousin not want to take a penalty? Three defenders in our 5 takers.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

As far as we know the two Marquees are Leckie and Jmac, Pucciarelli is the Designated Player, and Nabbout is under the cap.

Yes that’s why I’ve placed them in that order.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't feel nearly so bad now at the prospect of not going at all this season for COVID and other reasons.

More so that we really didn’t deserve it either. As usual had plenty of the ball with little to show, Wellington looked more like scoring unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I suspect that may be the epitaph on this season.

It can very well be that that we don’t up with any silverware or ACL qualification this season. The cup was a direct spot as well.

As great as last season was, the league is stronger now as the teams don’t have the salary cap cuts anymore. We kept the same team and added Pucci and Leckie, who both don’t contribute enough to be confident that we will get much better towards the end of the season.

But perhaps we can blame covid for this one with a another test on Sunday.

Edited by Mr MO

10 minutes ago, Zanty said:

We already had this years ACL group stage spot so that aspect is not worth worrying about.

Anything but a dominant display against wanderers and questions should be asked.

Isn’t this years ACL spot based on last seasons results?

Meaning the FFA cup winner this year will get a next years ACL qualifying spot  among the league runner up of this season. Whilst the premiers qualify directly.

Edited by Mr MO

20 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Isn’t this years ACL spot based on last seasons results?

Meaning the FFA cup winner this year will get a next years ACL qualifying spot  among the league runner up of this season. Whilst the premiers qualify directly.

nah the winner of this FFA Cup edition will enter the 2022 ACL

• Thanks 1

Well that was an incredibly poor evening of football, though I'm tempted not to read too much into the result given how much training some players may or may not have had under their belt, however there were some absolutely baffling selection decisions and the team looks so lost without Macca up front (not because he's some superb target man, but the amount of times Tillio was nowhere near where he needed to be when someone got to the byline was upsetting).

Felt like the perfect game to give Max Caputo a run out, but hard to know who was available. 

EDIT: Would happily trade the food options from Bentleigh though, superb as always.

Edited by Tommykins

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

Well that was an incredibly poor evening of football, though I'm tempted not to read too much into the result given how much training some players may or may not have had under their belt, however there were some absolutely baffling selection decisions and the team looks so lost without Macca up front (not because he's some superb target man, but the amount of times Tillio was nowhere near where he needed to be when someone got to the byline was upsetting).

Felt like the perfect game to give Max Caputo a run out, but hard to know who was available. 

EDIT: Would happily trade the food options from Bentleigh though, superb as always.

Agree with above.

And can confirm the mixed meat roll was outstanding and having a full strength beer just rocks.

My major takeaway and question from the game is who the hell is our back up penalty taker. If Maclaren is missing or away on socceroos duty, where do we turn? 

Tilio has missed his 2 I've seen him have, Jamo showed he isnt reliable, Florin has taken 1 and missed, Leckie thought there was 7 better options than him, Nabbout I've never seen take a penalty. The only one who stepped up with confidence last night was O'Neill

Seems like a little thing, but a missed penalty could cost us points which we definitely need

• Like 2