Melbourne Football

City vs the 'Nix FFA Cup QF - Kingston Heath - 7.30 p.m. 5th January

mattyh001

2 minutes ago, neio said:

I'll give you the info, I live about 5 minutes from casey fields. 

There is absolutely fuck all there, not the easiest place to get there by public transport, not great car parking especially if something else is on at the other fields (and there is the main covid testing centre for the area there) and while it's a nice oval for footy it's not ideal for round ball football. 

I assume there will be some food of food/drink truck but who knows what. 

I imagine it will be pretty basic, wouldn't expect much to be honest 

We could be optimistic and hope they get a couple of funky ethnic food trucks down from Dandenong.

34 minutes ago, neio said:

I'll give you the info, I live about 5 minutes from casey fields. 

There is absolutely fuck all there, not the easiest place to get there by public transport, not great car parking especially if something else is on at the other fields (and there is the main covid testing centre for the area there) and while it's a nice oval for footy it's not ideal for round ball football. 

I assume there will be some food of food/drink truck but who knows what. 

I imagine it will be pretty basic, wouldn't expect much to be honest 

Are you sure we are going to play on the Casey Demons oval? I thought we would just play on one of the rectangular pitches of the City academy?

31 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

We could be optimistic and hope they get a couple of funky ethnic food trucks down from Dandenong.

Can’t be any worse food wise than our last FFA outing in South Melbourne.

Edited by Mr MO

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What's this "team city SE" shit? Have we really taken over "team 11?"

Oh, I see, it's not an official City twitter account.

Well, we’ve taken over or merged with the Team11 blueprint for the region. Been like this every since we announced the move.

Edited by Mr MO

• jw1739 changed the title to City vs the 'Nix FFA Cup QF - Kingston Heath - 7.30 p.m. 5th January 7.30 p.m.

I've been there a few times as it's reasonably close to home, mainly for pre-season matches. Home of Bentleigh Greens, formed 1986 and which has its origins in the Greek Cypriot community. It's not that easy to get to (don't know about buses but Cheltenham Station is a long way away), and parking is fairly limited. Holds about 3,000, mostly standing. Club room is OK but facilities (e.g. toilets) are poor. Friendly atmosphere.

It's an interesting change from Casey Fields and raises a few questions in my mind...

• jw1739 changed the title to City vs the 'Nix FFA Cup QF - Kingston Heath - 7.30 p.m. 5th January
1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I've been there a few times as it's reasonably close to home, mainly for pre-season matches. Home of Bentleigh Greens, formed 1986 and which has its origins in the Greek Cypriot community. It's not that easy to get to (don't know about buses but Cheltenham Station is a long way away), and parking is fairly limited. Holds about 3,000, mostly standing. Club room is OK but facilities (e.g. toilets) are poor. Friendly atmosphere.

It's an interesting change from Casey Fields and raises a few questions in my mind...

Is this the ground that's right across the road from Moorabbin DFO?

43 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Penny has just dropped. This of course means that Macca will serve his suspension for this game. Interested to see who plays and how we back up after a long break but with players potentially not back after COVID.

I hadn't realised that today's match against Newcastle had been postponed.

On 31/12/2021 at 8:45 PM, jw1739 said:

It’s next to the Cheltenham RSL as well

1 hour ago, citypool said:

I feel bad not going to the game tonight because I live so close. 

Me too. But I guess we're all trying to avoid COVID as long as we can. Reading the news daily doesn't help, so I'm trying to avoid doing that as well.

• Like 1