Melbourne Football

Christmas Derby 18th Dec. K.O 7:45

kingofhearts

33 minutes ago, neio said:

I could be wrong, but if Maclaren only gets 1 game suspension. He misses the Wednesday night ffa cup game, but he is right to go for our next league game. 

Considering he probably wouldn't have played on Wednesday, seems like a good outcome 

Are you sure? I think he misses the next league match.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Are you sure? I think he misses the next league match.

Not 100% sure but this is from the red card suspension rule. But it is from 5 years ago

(a) 1st occasion, equates to a one (1) match suspension;
(b) 2nd occasion, equates to a one (1) match suspension;
(c) 3rd occasion, equates to a two (2) match suspension; and
(d) 4th occasion, equates to a three (3) match suspension,
to be served in the Club’s next A-League Match(es) and/or FFA Cup Match(es), (whichever come(s) first) 

And also when Birighitti got sent off the CCM in the cup, he served his suspension in a league game. So it definitely can happen that way, I can only assume it's the same in reverse 

30 minutes ago, neio said:

Not 100% sure but this is from the red card suspension rule. But it is from 5 years ago

(a) 1st occasion, equates to a one (1) match suspension;
(b) 2nd occasion, equates to a one (1) match suspension;
(c) 3rd occasion, equates to a two (2) match suspension; and
(d) 4th occasion, equates to a three (3) match suspension,
to be served in the Club’s next A-League Match(es) and/or FFA Cup Match(es), (whichever come(s) first) 

And also when Birighitti got sent off the CCM in the cup, he served his suspension in a league game. So it definitely can happen that way, I can only assume it's the same in reverse 

@neio I'm just wondering, though, about who is actually the administrative body that is applying the disciplinary regulations now. In the past it was Football Australia/FFA directly administering everything. Now APL runs the League and FA the Cup.

So I'm unsure. I guess that we'll find out soon enough!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@neio I'm just wondering, though, about who is actually the administrative body that is applying the disciplinary regulations now. In the past it was Football Australia/FFA directly administering everything. Now APL runs the League and FA the Cup.

So I'm unsure. I guess that we'll find out soon enough!

Similar model in England I would say.

APL runs the league according to the FFA rules. That would mean FFA sets punishments.

Has the referee report been released why JMAC was sent off? Nothing wrong with the actual challenge. 

13 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Tard active a disgrace. They sent a few of there morons into our active ... then got beaten up. I think our ground announcer was involved in the fisticuffs 

Their active also had a banner in the 2nd half "Disease of Football, Fuck CFG"

Kisnorbo is useless when it comes to using his bench. JMAC was cactus as was Flo and he has Colovski and the Italian on the bench  ... I reckon those two on and we'd have scored the 3rd ... instead turnover and the rest is history 

Nabout was also out on his feet and should have come off 5 or so minutes prior. 

O'Neil also needs to play more forward balls. Often he has good space in front, but goes wide, killing our attacks.

Bring back Des ....

And Victory are genuine scum

Just wanted to clarify the bolded part as something like that could cost him his job. From all the videos I have seen, his only involvement was to merely rescue a female terrace member (who I believe may also be his partner) from the middle of the incident. No punches were thrown by him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, malloy said:

Just wanted to clarify the bolded part as something like that could cost him his job. From all the videos I have seen, his only involvement was to merely rescue a female terrace member (who I believe may also be his partner) from the middle of the incident. No punches were thrown by him.

Thats exactly what i witnessed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, malloy said:

Yeah, Matty (he’s our ground announcer now I think) is on the forum here too.

27 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Was for dissent but no idea what he said 

This might get overturned if there is no substantiation. Saying that dissent can be done in different ways however would be hardly red card worthy. He is such bad referee, I don’t understand why he gets these game all the time.

He can use a game off I find, first half touches and combinations were way off. Second half was better. 

Edited by Mr MO

Infuriating result, but otherwise good game as a spectator and fantastic one to have on free to air on a Saturday night. Crowd looked great and was very loud on the broadcast, game was attacking, physical and always felt like it mattered, goals were good to watch and the niggle added to the spectacle. 

We should be very disappointed with the result, both goals conceded were poor lapses and we really should have made more of our dominance. Particularly in the first half we just couldn't land that important pass in the attacking third. 

Maclaren is having a shithouse season, he scored but otherwise was hardly a threat. In interviews he typically talks lot about how he tries to be predictable and constantly attacks the near post, but almost every time we put a ball there he is caught flat on his heels in congestion in the middle of the box. He seems to not be gambling on making those moves that he is so good at finishing, and as a result is largely invisible in our attacking moves. 

Atkinson was fantastic and showed why many here have been calling for his inclusion despite Galloways form. He adds an extra dimension to our attack and for mine has the highest ceiling out of any of the young guys. Commentators kept talking about how it was a great battle between he and Folami but I don't see it, Folami offered very little and Atkinson was awesome. 

Glover is having a nightmare season, that save was shithouse, we had managed to push DÁgostino wide and onto his opposite and while his shot was on target it didn't have a lot of venom behind it, Glover should've done much better. 

Really happy with Tilio, think he holds his spot ahead of Leckie on that performance, Good was fantastic, pleased with Nabbout, Berenguer was good with some not great moments, Metcalfe played pretty well. 

Kisnorbo continues to frustrate. He is clearly a good manager and has us playing well but whats the point of having a deep squad when you don't even use it? Colakovski hasn't played at all this season, Pucciarelli same, Atkinson has been frozen out till now, Griffiths only gets a game because Reis can't play 2 full ones in a row, we have no interest in bringing on fresh legs ever, and every change is always like for like. We continue to struggle to finish games, and frequently have key players gassed while finishing games with unused subs. It's such an easy thing to fix, why are we not doing it? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Feels like a loss given the manner they equalised, but I would have taken a draw at the beginning of the game if you'd have asked me based on Victory's strong momentum to start this season.

I have no problem with Maclaren's game as he's never been a player who's overly involved in general play, nor does he need to be - he got his poacher's goal last night, and that's all we need from him. Nabbout was excellent and really started dominating Broxham in that second half, and I obviously loved Atkinson's game. 

Ultimately, we were just let down by crappy defensive lapses again but otherwise, we were great. Said it before and will say it again, we need competition/a replacement for Glover as his errors just aren't good enough. He also had has ass absolutely saved by our defenders clearing off the line numerous times in that last 10 minutes.

And of course, a dishonourable mention to the Victory fuckwits who attended last night. Honestly surprised half of them remembered how to get to the stadium after disappearing from the terraces for a year but holy fuck, if I needed any reminding just how much I hate them - last night delivered it in spades. Hools jumping the active, more hools swinging bollards around post-game and just being general aggressive fuckhead types looking for fights, not to mention their self-righteous anti-CFG banner as though their club is the second coming of Christ. Absolute stains.

- Must have been a great game for the neutral though - I woke up with no voice this morning ahhaha

Edited by Nate
  • Like 3

The game had everything. We looked totally disjointed for the first 30 minutes. It's like we had never played together. Their first goal was evidence of this. We slowly started to go gain momentum and looked great for the next 40 minutes.  The last period of the game was very scrappy. I felt they had a lot of fresh legs whereas we had a number of players very gassed. I don't know why Kisnorbo didn't change make an attacking change later in the game. 

To those victory retards coming into our supporter group, I was disappointed to see them walk out in such good health. Anyone that does that deserves to get hurt to the point they wouldn't do it again. Hopefully huge fines and minimum 5 year bans for all of them to all football eevents. Would also be nice to have victory docked 3 points for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nate said:

I have no problem with Maclaren's game as he's never been a player who's overly involved in general play, nor does he need to be - he got his poacher's goal last night, and that's all we need from him. 

This is something I never understand, are we not watching the full game?

The first half, out of the 8 to 10 balls played to him with his back against the goal being positioned midway in the Victory half - all of them resulted in 100% turnovers. This prevented us from either breaking out or setting up attack, this just cost us dearly as Victory broke out themselves. Not once did he try to hold the ball up to wait for the team move up the field, all balls were lost due to poor control or rushed layoffs. Our systems demands more than just poaching when in possession.

If Cola was playing like this people would say he's not ready for this level.

I guess I'm just expecting a lot more from our highest paid player. On the positive side, no critisim on his workrate and or pressing.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

The game had everything. We looked totally disjointed for the first 30 minutes. It's like we had never played together. Their first goal was evidence of this. We slowly started to go gain momentum and looked great for the next 40 minutes.  The last period of the game was very scrappy. I felt they had a lot of fresh legs whereas we had a number of players very gassed. I don't know why Kisnorbo didn't change make an attacking change later in the game. 

To those victory retards coming into our supporter group, I was disappointed to see them walk out in such good health. Anyone that does that deserves to get hurt to the point they wouldn't do it again. Hopefully huge fines and minimum 5 year bans for all of them to all football eevents. Would also be nice to have victory docked 3 points for it. 

Every game is the same regarding PK isn't it, where are the tactical adjustments or early subs to win it.

I think he is really a ''stick to the process and game plan''  type of coach. It worked last year he might think. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Every game is the same regarding PK isn't it, where are the tactical adjustments or early subs to win it.

I think he is really a ''stick to the process and game plan''  type of coach. It worked last year he might think. 

In his defence the only player i could think of subbing on though was Cola. But I think it would have been a wise move. I think with the Italian bloke out and Leckie out we don't have anyone else. This is said assuming you don't sub MacLaren. Raphael could come in his place. 

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

This is something I never understand, are we not watching the full game?

The first half, out of the 8 to 10 balls played to him with his back against the goal being positioned midway in the Victory half - all of them resulted in 100% turnovers. This prevented us from either breaking out or setting up attack, this just cost us dearly as Victory broke out themselves. Not once did he try to hold the ball up to wait for the team move up the field, all balls were lost due to poor control or rushed layoffs. Our systems demands more than just a poaching when in possession.

If Cola was playing like this people would say he's not ready for this level.

I guess I'm just expecting a lot more from our highest paid player. On the positive side, no critisim on his workrate and or pressing.

He is so damn good at being in the right position as a poacher that if he has service coming into the box he's lethal. But if he doesn't have this, my goodness...he dont think he'd even get game time in the aleague. I don't like talking him down because he's such a great striker for us. But I wish by now he had developed something else in his attacking repertoire. Imagine if he had half the take on skills of Arzani. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

In his defence the only player i could think of subbing on though was Cola. But I think it would have been a wise move. I think with the Italian bloke out and Leckie out we don't have anyone else. This is said assuming you don't sub MacLaren. Raphael could come in his place. 

He is so damn good at being in the right position as a poacher that if he has service coming into the box he's lethal. But if he doesn't have this, my goodness...he dont think he'd even get game time in the aleague. I don't like talking him down because he's such a great striker for us. But I wish by now he had developed something else in his attacking repertoire. Imagine if he had half the take on skills of Arzani. 

Absolutely, it’s the variation and technical ability in his game what slightly lacks but just seems below par this season. If he had those attributes plus the poaching and his excellent work rate he would not be playing in Australia.

I’m not even to fussed about taking on players. For me, it’s the ability to hold and control the ball with you for some seconds so that the team can move up the field.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Yeah he allegedly called Beath a cheat 

Lol, i was screaming the same thing out all night.

Whilst acknowledging you can't say that, how about Beath taking some accountability for his disgusting display. I'm not sure how else you could objectively describe his performance other than cheating.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rass said:

Lol, i was screaming the same thing out all night.

Whilst acknowledging you can't say that, how about Beath taking some accountability for his disgusting display. I'm not sure how else you could objectively describe his performance other than cheating.

It was almost like “you aren’t having a list minute winner City” - let’s make up a freekick out of this congested contest. He’s such a poor referee.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It was almost like “you aren’t having a list minute winner City” - let’s make up a freekick out of this congested contest. He’s such a poor referee.

Oh let's be honest, he's just a fukn idiot way out of his depth. Seriously, how can you position yourself a metre away from the play and not realise that a player is already falling to the ground before his opponent has even made contact.

Obviously has never played football in his life. If he has, then he's even stupider/corrupt than i give him credit for.

7 minutes ago, rass said:

Oh let's be honest, he's just a fukn idiot way out of his depth. Seriously, how can you position yourself a metre away from the play and not realise that a player is already falling to the ground before his opponent has even made contact.

Obviously has never played football in his life. If he has, then he's even stupider/corrupt than i give him credit for.

I just watched the replay again, I can’t even make up where the supposed foul was made? Jmac and Geria kicking the ball at the same time?

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I just watched the replay again, I can’t even make up where the supposed foul was made? Jmac and Geria kicking the ball at the same time?

Because Geria went down like he was shot, which Beath duly fell for. Happened all night so it didn't surprise. Jmac obviously had enough.

5 minutes ago, rass said:

Because Geria went down like he was shot, which Beath duly fell for. Happened all night so it didn't surprise. Jmac obviously had enough.

He went down as both players kicked the ball at the same time, that can hurt after impact. Complete ignorance of a football situation by Beath.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, rass said:

how about Hanlon's Razor?

Hanlon's razor is an adage or rule of thumb that states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He went down as both players kicked the ball at the same time, that can hurt after impact. Complete ignorance of a football situation by Beath.

Total ignorance. Watch it closely, Geria kept going for a couple of steps and then did this shit house collapse to the ground to make sure of foul. 

Fuk me, older i get the more i hate them!

• Like 1

It's a fair result. We consded goals after unlucky plays. On the other hand, they were closer to scoring the third. 

In comparison to the last season, this team is weaker not for one but for two players.  Noone and Luna have not been replaced with the same quality starters.  This is fact which is and will be impacting our whole season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

It's a fair result. We consded goals after unlucky plays. On the other hand, they were closer to scoring the third. 

In comparison to the last season, this team is weaker not for one but for two players.  Noone and Luna have not been replaced with the same quality starters.  This is fact which is and will be impacting our whole season. 

I think there's a point there. Noone was not given the credit he deserved. But he was a very effective player for us. Scored goals and provided a number of assists. A very important cog in our attacking front third. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I thought it was for a delayed offside. In the initial ball forward before the scramble happened I thought JMac was offside, then they let it play out before eventually calling it was my interpretation. 

Watching it the first time on Paramount I had nfi what happened (and their replay broadcast cut out on the final whistle so no second look) but I went back and watched the 10 version and I'm pretty sure thats what happened. It was pretty hectic so I don't really know though.