Melbourne Football

Christmas Derby 18th Dec. K.O 7:45

kingofhearts

9 minutes ago, neio said:

Atkinson starts for Galloway, Leckie misses through injury as well

Broxham starting at LB, if we don't send every attack early to that side with Nabbout and Atkinson I'll be disappointed 

Leckie injured..... Solid signing. We'll play better without him. 

14 minutes ago, neio said:

Atkinson starts for Galloway, Leckie misses through injury as well

Broxham starting at LB, if we don't send every attack early to that side with Nabbout and Atkinson I'll be disappointed 

Hmm, the injury you have when you don't actually have an injury...?

probably the best half from us yet this season.

visit0rs ferocious mifield press is breaking down our game but they will struggle to keep that up. We aren't pressing their midfield much at all.

One chance for the vist0rs and one goal: this really highlights our problem this season, we aren't converting our chances like we did last season.

Maclaren has been poor, Flo has been poor

Our ball speed is slow, that allows Popvic to play his game - organised defence and counter-attack, we need to move the ball faster.

Haven't heard our active at all.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Initial thoughts while i wait for the train:

Worst part is both of their goals were very preventable. 

Both of our goals were beautiful.

Red card to Maclaren was strange?? What happened there?

Glover is still the weakest link. 

Beath is shit. 

PK needs to make more subs earlier on.

Overall we were by far the better team, just need to clean it all up. 

Probably a good game for the neutrals watching on FTA TV which can only be a good thing for the league. 

• Like 2

That was a great advertisment for the League. A draw was probably a fair result although disappointed to not win.

Positives:

We stuck to our game and led after falling behind whilst snoozing on the pitch

It's a derby but we played with passion and commitment, I hope that contunes in non-derby games

Tilio & Atkinson need to start, much more positive performace with them playing

A goal from a second man run, that's two weeks in a row

An opportunity for Colakowski next week

So end-to-end that the seagulls stayed in the air all game

Negatives:

problems at both ends with Reis injured and Maclaren's mystery red card. I'd like to see Roystyn replace O'Neill as DM but now he'll be CB

Our first touch is poor, we're showing too much of the ball and that creates too many turnovers and slows the play.

We look vulnerable to the counter-attack, every team has set up to play the same game plan against us so far this season.

Bereguer is frustrating, he'll do something great one minute, poor the next

Jamieson napping for the first goal

Glover not looking anywhere near as confident as last season

Red card, WTF?

Didn't hear our supporters on TV once, of course it may have been different at the ground. TV commentary was very partisan, very annoying

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Initial thoughts while i wait for the train:

Worst part is both of their goals were very preventable. 

Both of our goals were beautiful.

Red card to Maclaren was strange?? What happened there?

Glover is still the weakest link. 

Beath is shit. 

PK needs to make more subs earlier on.

Overall we were by far the better team, just need to clean it all up. 

Probably a good game for the neutrals watching on FTA TV which can only be a good thing for the league. 

TV commentary team buzzing. Best game ever vibe.

Maclaren one is wierd as no one actually knows what's happened. When he came off he said to the 4th official "I didn't swear at him". So if that's true it's even more odd cause both Atkinson and Miranda gave him good sprays during game with many expletives. 

Hopefully we get an answer, cause if it's a massive overreaction we need to appeal 

2 hours ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Wtf is happening in the terrace right now? Security pulling a lot of people out? 

A few Victory fans from across the stadium walked into our terrace just before the second half started. They were wearing OSM merch so obviously looking to start something cos they’re so tough and hard. The boys in the front row told em to piss off then a fight broke out. Security did fuck all to help and prevent them from walking in but the cops eventually ejected them.

Edited by hakz7

Tard active a disgrace. They sent a few of there morons into our active ... then got beaten up. I think our ground announcer was involved in the fisticuffs 

Their active also had a banner in the 2nd half "Disease of Football, Fuck CFG"

Kisnorbo is useless when it comes to using his bench. JMAC was cactus as was Flo and he has Colovski and the Italian on the bench  ... I reckon those two on and we'd have scored the 3rd ... instead turnover and the rest is history 

Nabout was also out on his feet and should have come off 5 or so minutes prior. 

O'Neil also needs to play more forward balls. Often he has good space in front, but goes wide, killing our attacks.

Bring back Des ....

And Victory are genuine scum

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Tard active a disgrace. They sent a few of there morons into our active ... then got beaten up. I think our ground announcer was involved in the fisticuffs 

Kisnorbo is useless when it comes to using his bench. JMAC was cactus as was Flo and he has Colovski and the Italian on the bench  ... I reckon those two on and we'd have scored the 3rd ... instead turnover and the rest is history 

O'Neil also needs to play more forward balls. Often he has good space in front, but goes wide, killing our attacks.

Bring back Des ....

How did they  send people into our active? Sounds like a government ordering their army to invade a country. Imo active was fun when you chant about the players rather then fuck this or that my two cents 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Bring back Des ....

I agree. Papa used all 5 subs, we made one enforced change and one voluntary change with a bench stacked with talent