Melbourne Football

MCY vs Glory holes 8th December Wednesday, 7:45

kingofhearts

15 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Well, hopefully this goes better then Saturday.

Can we please have Atkinson starting with the Italian and Frenchy plus Leckie to the bench?

Thanks

That's too blindingly obvious to happen. I reckon PK will start with the same line-up as before.

• Like 1

predicting 2-1 win. I am not saying there isn't room for improvement on the game against WU, but i feel the team will respond with a fast start and a much better performance all round. This is the game we need before the derby. I don't like that we have a long lay off before the game against the Tards (10 days) as our momentum will drop. Having said that though, Atkinson and pucciarelli and Griffo should be back to fitness. We do also need to get Leckie off the mark. hopefully once he gets a taste for scoring and running at players again he will add more to the game. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

If PK puts out the same forward line he's a fool. Leckie and Maclaren just do not have the skills set required. 

This post should be pinned for future hilarity. 

I completely disagree, the 3 of Nabbout Maclaren and Leckie just need a few more games. They are all high quality and will work out how to combine. 

I would be really worried if PK didn't start all 3.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

This post should be pinned for future hilarity. 

I completely disagree, the 3 of Nabbout Maclaren and Leckie just need a few more games. They are all high quality and will work out how to combine. 

I would be really worried if PK didn't start all 3.

And let's add for posterity how many games you think that should be?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

And let's add for posterity how many games you think that should be?

Okay next 3, by the end of the calendar year. If all 3 are continue with current, but I'm thinking all 3 will have minimum 3 goals and 3 assists, thats total 9 goals and 9 nine assists by the end of the Brisbane game boxing day. 

And by which time well be a completely different team.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Okay next 3, by the end of the calendar year. If all 3 are continue with current, but I'm thinking all 3 will have minimum 3 goals and 3 assists, thats total 9 goals and 9 nine assists by the end of the Brisbane game boxing day. 

And by which time well be a completely different team.

For me, I don't have an issue with Nabbout, Nabbout is Nabbout, seems very much the same as last year.

Leckie was unknown and hasn't met the high expectations, seems slow and unfit.

JMAC way underpar so far, needs a rest as this system can play without him (we've showed that last season). The league has caught with him a little, mark him closely and he won't score as he wants to pull the trigger quickly with little to no variation. Bring variation and work on your close ball control at training please. 

7 hours ago, Mr MO said:

For me, I don't have an issue with Nabbout, Nabbout is Nabbout, seems very much the same as last year.

Leckie was unknown and hasn't met the high expectations, seems slow and unfit.

JMAC way underpar so far, needs a rest as this system can play without him (we've showed that last season). The league has caught with him a little, mark him closely and he won't score as he wants to pull the trigger quickly with little to no variation. Bring variation and work on your close ball control at training please. 

I get the opinion that both Maclaren and Leckie need a rest. 

But to me they need to improve on the pitch, work hard to get back to the levels they are capable off. 

Putting them on the bench for me will create even more issues. Firstly it will remove any confidence they still have. Then it could work through the squad that after 3 games the fundamental plan is being looked at and thirdly and probably most importantly it will put enormous pressure on Tilio and Colakovski as replacements. And to be honest both really haven't set the world on fire either with their limited runs.

What I'm saying is that Maclaren and Leckie need more time to sort it out, but ultimately we don't have a choice but for me I think they will come good, and it will be sooner rather than later.    

• Like 2

For me the game plan needs a bit of tweaking. JMac is not the tallest player in the league so he needs the ball more at ground level. Nabbout is doing well and no different to last year. It is Leckie that is the problem as he replaced Noone who proved to be a serious threat. Leckie has played about 900 minutes over the previous two seasons and three seasons ago he played 938 minutes (transfermarkt). So three seasons ago, pre-covid, he managed an equivalent of 10 games out of a possible 34 games. So his fitness can be questioned but at the moment he is not replicating the threat that Noone provided.

With hindsight he should not have started the games and just come on as a sub. So for me start Leckie for the first half and have Tilio for the second half. Sub Jmac at the 65' mark and bring on Colavski if JMac has not done anything by that stage.

• Like 4

I mentioned earlier that I agree something isn't right, just not clicking. And my opinion is that the front 3 are not the root cause, I'm feeling that the Luna role is missing.

For me I'd be looking at changes to midfield 3, firstly structurally then look at personal. 

As always tonight will be a good opportunity to see where we are at.😏

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 3

Looking at all three games, the plan for all the teams was pretty much park the bus and hope to get an early one on the counter. WU was the only one to get the first one, whilst Roar and AU came back against tiring players. I just hope PK starts to sub earlier and in reaction to the game in front of him, not to any specific plan. Agree that Leckie and JMac have been poor and also agree the mids got bossed last weekend. But Tilio and Cola haven't shown a lot either and Atkinson looked a bit underdone when he came on. Like to see Pucciarelli start this game replacing Metcalf, as I think we need a bit more skill to get through the defensive block as I expect Garcia to follow the same template as the other teams.

• Like 3

In the euphoria over "keeping the squad together" we have all tended to overlook the departures of two key players - Luna and Noone - and two of our senior coaches - Buckingham and Young.

IMO tonight will be a very telling match. If PK keeps the same line-up and we don't win I think a lot more questions will be being asked.

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

I mentioned earlier that I agree something isn't right, just not clicking. And my opinion is that the front 3 are not the root cause, I'm feeling that the Luna role is missing.

For me I'd be looking at changes to midfield 3, firstly structurally then look at personal. 

As always tonight will be a good opportunity to see where we are at.😏

100% we are missing Luna

I was under the assumption that Pucciarelli would fill that particular void when fit, can anyone who watched the Hume game confirm whereabouts on the pitch he played?

17 minutes ago, Nate said:

100% we are missing Luna

I was under the assumption that Pucciarelli would fill that particular void when fit, can anyone who watched the Hume game confirm whereabouts on the pitch he played?

He played in the Luna position and was quite good. PK in his pre match press conference said he won’t be playing against Perth 

2 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

He played in the Luna position and was quite good. PK in his pre match press conference said he won’t be playing against Perth 

Why the hell not?

People complain about our attendances. Why should anyone support this club when the "designated player" doesn't play?

1 hour ago, Nate said:

100% we are missing Luna

I wasn't at the game but from the footage that I've seen I thought he was operating in the AM role on the right-hand side of our attack. Pretty much the Luna role.

It would need someone at the match or who watched the whole thing to confirm.

30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I wasn't at the game but from the footage that I've seen I thought he was operating in the AM role on the right-hand side of our attack. Pretty much the Luna role.

It would need someone at the match or who watched the whole thing to confirm.

Watched whole game, can confirm Had a nice 60 mins including a nice chip to Leckie for his first goal. Also seemed to be keen to track back and to get stuck in to recover the ball. Unless he's copped an injury in training I don't understand why to leave him out

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Can only assume he's injured or not yet fit, otherwise at very least he'd be on the bench.

Surely, if either of those PK should have said so? One of the things I've noticed playing EPL Fantasy is how up front EPL clubs are about team news. Sure it's a much bigger league in every way, but the clubs really pump out the news to their fans.