Melbourne Football

Asian Football Confederation Competitions

Tommykins

Okay, how about that we on this forum organise a fundraising for hosting next stage group. Be a good Citizen and help your players, staff and their families. 

On the other hand,  Melbourne hosted bigger events: Open and F1.  Bangkok has had stricter rules then Melbourne.  What stopped City to host this stage bubble? Spending but its subsidised by Asian Federation. Just crazy thinking. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

image.png.a76cd5cbb4b99e0e9a983b07416c3883.png

Oh, come on lads. Man up. You're not the only people in the world who have to go overseas for work. 

And it's not actually over yet.

Poor boys, work for 8 months a year and now 3 weeks in a 5 star hotel to play football. Only allowed to leave hotel for training and games, I’ve just watched a clip of the boys playing golf…..must be incredibly hard.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Okay, how about that we on this forum organise a fundraising for hosting next stage group. Be a good Citizen and help your players, staff and their families. 

On the other hand,  Melbourne hosted bigger events: Open and F1.  Bangkok has had stricter rules then Melbourne.  What stopped City to host this stage bubble? Spending but its subsidised by Asian Federation. Just crazy thinking. 

I would say because Melbourne is the southern extreme of the Eastern Zone of the ACF, so it's likely to be a matter of travel distance and time.

Anyway, we can't afford a full-time GK coach...

19 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Looks like Vissel Kobe are playing their B team... Can see this being a dissapointing end to our ACL campaign tonight. 

This can be a problem with all competitions of this format - the most infamous example being the 0-0 draw between Germany and Austria in a World Cup group match that meant both progressed to the next stage.

But we should have wrapped up a place in the last 16 well before this. The club can tweet excuses for all its worth but in reality we have no-one but ourselves to blame.

20 minutes ago, Nate said:

Dumb (and unfair) tournament format, but equally dumb tactics and squad management from PK knowing what was required to progress. 

After the Pucci debacle began to unfold, nothing surprises me about Melbourne City any more. It would not surprise me at all if PK didn't know the detail of how the last 16 would be determined until the last couple of matches.

3 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

sucks dick if we get eliminated on a technicality 
12 fucking points in the group stage 

It's not a technicality. @bt50 knew the rules, so should all the participating clubs.

I can see this conveniently drifting to a draw...

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

For the ACL 2022, every team gets $60k travel subsidy per game.

Every game won in the group stage is $50k, every draw is $10k.

Perhaps somebody can calculate if we can afford a full time goalkeeper coach next season?

We can afford another Pucci on that...

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can see this conveniently drifting to a draw...

We can afford another Pucci on that...

It’s actually really bad for Australian football if we don’t progress. 

Perhaps let down by the CFG with their wealthy resources, who supposedly have Asia success on their radar. 

I remember some years back where Australian teams would get additional players in for the ACL campaign. Not that I’m necessarily a fan of it but considering the injuries and fall out with Pucci we could have used some help.

47 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

After the Pucci debacle began to unfold, nothing surprises me about Melbourne City any more. It would not surprise me at all if PK didn't know the detail of how the last 16 would be determined until the last couple of matches.

It's not a technicality. @bt50 knew the rules, so should all the participating clubs.

if that one team didn't pull out we wouldn't be putting up with this results v 4th don't count bs would we?

Waited for ten years with jealous excitement for the ACL experience. Watched every Aussie team compete every game, hoping that one day I could get to feel what those Wanderers and Adelaide fans felt with a deep run knocking off some asian giants, representing Aus football. NGL, this whole thing sucked arse and was a pain to sit through. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TJV said:

Waited for ten years with jealous excitement for the ACL experience. Watched every Aussie team compete every game, hoping that one day I could get to feel what those Wanderers and Adelaide fans felt with a deep run knocking off some asian giants, representing Aus football. NGL, this whole thing sucked arse and was a pain to sit through. 

Let’s hope that we win the league otherwise we can wait another couple of years.

At least then we can talk about how City will finally get some proper marquees and use the full salary cap if we get into the ACL!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, malloy said:

So was that game match fixed? When ever Vissel Kobe scored, Kitchee mysteriously scored just after.

Looks suss doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, TJV said:

We all waited 10 years for this. And we fucked it up.

• Like 1

• jw1739 changed the title to Asian Football Confederation Competitions