Melbourne Football

Adelaide United vs Melbourne City: Saturday, 27th Nov - 7:45pm @ Hindmarsh Stadium

IssySG

Just now, neio said:

I'm not blaming him for the goal, but why did we take Galloway off for Bos? Threw out everything, made Jamo move across to RB (which I havnt seen him do) and put a debutant on. Just seemed weird 

Galloway was injured.

Glover weakest link for a while now was just a matter of time before it was going to cost us. Not a great control from Bos either.

Our front 3 is on the same money as half the Adelaide team. This Yengi is a gun, I wish we had a centre forward who can keep a ball with him.

• Like 2

Probably what we deserve for not bringing in any genuine competition for Glover. Absolute hospital pass for poor Bos was surrounded by 2 players, wedged in a nothing area by the touchline AND when we're under the pump, holding on for dear life away to a raucous Adelaide crowd. Fucking stupid. 

Loved Maclaren's take post-game, he was livid. 2 points dropped for sure.

Fucking livid.

Wasteful as fuck all night and never had enough to show for our dominance. It should have been at least 3/4-0 by 80 mins. Hope it's just a case of early season rust, but out finishing is not good enough.

Completely on top and bossing Adelaide around and of course we let them back in and then gift them another. Almost a carbon copy of last week.

Glover has to be the one of the worst starting keepers in the league. Not just tonight. Mistake after mistake. 2 already this season, and you feel like he has atleast one in him every night. Not bouzanis levels but not much better tbh.

• Like 1

I think the focus needs to be directed at PK and the coaching team. Not a lot of point in Atkinson and Pucciarelli getting "solid minutes" in a friendly in Melbourne when they could have done the same in Adelaide? I wonder whether we're missing the influence of Des Buckingham already? And have we replaced our GK coach yet? 

Nevertheless it's not the end of the world to draw away from home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moops said:

Work in progress, early season......

We eventually dominated and really shouldn't have lost that, the press is what I said would be the danger and it was.

Pretty frustrating at the end.

Macca gets his goal.

players are rusty

Covid

We drew because of Covid?

4 minutes ago, TJV said:

Fucking livid.

Wasteful as fuck all night and never had enough to show for our dominance. It should have been at least 3/4-0 by 80 mins. Hope it's just a case of early season rust, but out finishing is not good enough.

Completely on top and bossing Adelaide around and of course we let them back in and then gift them another. Almost a carbon copy of last week.

Glover has to be the one of the worst starting keepers in the league. Not just tonight. Mistake after mistake. 2 already this season, and you feel like he has atleast one in him every night. Not bouzanis levels but not much better tbh.

No more hearts left, so you get one from me.

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

We drew because of Covid?

I was being facetious.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think the focus needs to be directed at PK and the coaching team. Not a lot of point in Atkinson and Pucciarelli getting "solid minutes" in a friendly in Melbourne when they could have done the same in Adelaide? I wonder whether we're missing the influence of Des Buckingham already? And have we replaced our GK coach yet? 

Spot on.

So surprised we didn't take Atkinson, he's a genuine jet and should definitely at the very least, be on the bench for us.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nate said:

Probably what we deserve for not bringing in any genuine competition for Glover. Absolute hospital pass for poor Bos was surrounded by 2 players, wedged in a nothing area by the touchline AND when we're under the pump, holding on for dear life away to a raucous Adelaide crowd. Fucking stupid. 

Loved Maclaren's take post-game, he was livid. 2 points dropped for sure.

Agree sir.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'd take a point away to Adelaide every week - I guess it's just the manner it happened that's so disappointing.

We're still undefeated though, which is an improvement on the start of last season I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Jeff Olver is goal keeper coach not sure if its temporary or long term 

Just now, kiko said:

the positives are we played better than last week, against a better side and on the road, just stupid panic stricken moments from a few players that need to learn from it

Which comes back to coaching and player accountability. Sometimes I wonder what we do in pre-season - it's long enough for all this shit to be ironed out. They should know each other inside out by now, especially as most were City players last season. These guys are full-time professionals. It's not as if they train twice a week on the way home from the factory and the office.

20 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Disappointing loss of concentration hopefully a reflection of a disrupted pre-season, but that's two games in a row now. Good result compared to our past performances there but still disappointing

What was disrupted? Only disruption for City?

If oud of your million dollar forward line only one plays at level, Leckie looks like he doesn’t train and has no explosiveness in him, JMAC tap in but invincible if there is no proper direct service - you make it very difficult!

Plus Metcalf and Glover poor tonight, you just don’t win.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJV said:

A serious question though, why can we not seem to produce or entice a solid young keeper to this club? 

All of our good GKs were old as dirt when they got here, but our youngsters always seem like error prone nervy second choice keepers filling in

We let 3  keepers go over the last 3. years, all bets on Glover. 

Delianov, Sozer and Gauci