Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Brisbane Roar: Friday, 19th Nov - 7:45pm @ AAMI Park

IssySG

The A League Men are back! How we all feeling?

My main curiosity is how we line up for this game with our Socceroos absent. Assuming Nabbout is right and raring to play, I'm of the opinion that our team is stronger with him in it. Both Galloway and Nate seem undroppable after their respective performances against South so that lends the question, do we leave the team as is? Do we drop Cola to the bench and start Nabbout as a number 9? 

Hoping to see our Italian Stallion at least make the bench.

Also hoping for a solid crowd to see the boys out - somewhere around the 8k mark feels about right. 

So pumped for this, the South game was a bit of a snoozefest so I'm keen to see how we fare against A-League opposition at home. 

Brisbane are a bit of a weird one, their squad looks pretty underwhelming on paper and there's a lot of unknowns regarding imports and young Australians, but their pre-season form has been electric from all reports, and we know they overperformed last season with Warren Moon in charge. 

Going to be very interesting given our selection dilemmas, but I don't think it'll be straightforward per se. Predicting a 2-1 win for now. 

Edited by Nate
  • Like 1

TBH Nabbout was always going to look out of sorts as he was surrounded by teammates and opposition who have largely been playing regularly abroad.

Looks like JMac was on a flight ASAP and will arrive in Melbourne today so expect him to come off the bench (maybe start!) and reckon Leckie will be rested given he played more minutes for AUS.

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

Nothing better then having a ticket for tonight then discovering today you're a close contact of someone with covid.Great.

All the existing evidence from overseas is that immediately you "open up" the number of infections increases again.

@kingofheartsBut on a personal basis, you're one of us and I'm sure everyone on here will join @citypool and me and hope that you and others close to you won't be infected or suffer serious consequences if you are.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

All the existing evidence from overseas is that immediately you "open up" the number of infections increases again.

@kingofheartsBut on a personal basis, you're one of us and I'm sure everyone on here will join @citypool and me and hope that you and others close to you won't be infected or suffer serious consequences if you are.

3 hours ago, citypool said:

Damn mate hope you take care and get to see the next home game 

Much appreciated gents.

The only cure is for this is a big city win.

Lets go you good things

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

On a side note how do i change my name from city pool? I made this account in 2014 and I hate the name lol