Melbourne Football

The Manuel Pucciarelli thread

kingofhearts

27 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Add Cabrera, Budzinkski Hughes, 

Locals, Grella, Georgievki

That Scottish lad from Celtic that got injured. 

If we looked hard enough we could get 11.

Jack Hendry. A bit unfair to include those that were injured, isn't it?

IMO Hughes would have to be fourth on my list. Still being picked in his national squad but not playing for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Jack Hendry. A bit unfair to include those that were injured, isn't it?

IMO Hughes would have to be fourth on my list. Still being picked in his national squad but not playing for us!

True, but a physical injury is 1 obvious reason a player doesn't work, there are also heaps of other not so obvious reasons a player doesn't work out.

From our perspective we've signed this bloke, paying good money in most cases and he should be playing. If he doesn't then we need to get rid and bring in someone who can. Which is also IMO unfair. 

These blokes and in particular visa players would all be coming here with best intentions to make a difference. The club signing the player would have expectations he will improve the squad and be value.

But nothing is guaranteed and when your dealing with humans we need to be more understanding, even though its pretty important. 

• Like 1

Birrighitti

Vacant     Hughes    Gray       Vacant

Meeuwis

Koren         Budzinski

O'Halloran                 Cabrera

Pucciarelli

All somewhat hyped signings, mostly with big expectations (possibly three designated players in there, one "star" GK, some talked up wingers), and all barely played even when fit (and only Hughes was consistently injured of this lot). 

Edited by The Aardvark
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Aardvark said:

Birrighitti

Vacant     Hughes    Gray       Vacant

Meeuwis

Koren         Budzinski

O'Halloran                 Cabrera

Pucciarelli

All somewhat hyped signings, mostly with big expectations (possibly three designated players in there, one "star" GK, some talked up wingers), and all barely played even when fit (and only Hughes was consistently injured of this lot). 

Hmm. Budzinski. 17 appearances and 5 goals for us. I wouldn't say "barely played."

Cabrera is also an interesting one. He now plays for Argentinos Juniors in the Primera. Can't help but think we didn't know how to use him.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Hmm. Budzinski. 17 appearances and 5 goals for us. I wouldn't say "barely played."

Cabrera is also an interesting one. He now plays for Argentinos Juniors in the Primera. Can't help but think we didn't know how to use him.

Cabrera didn’t adjust to Australia from what I remember 

On 8/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, jw1739 said:

In regards to Cabrera I felt he was just starting to settle into the league and hit his straps when he decided he’d rather be somewhere else. Crueled our season 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, belaguttman said:

He may as well just go to the beach at Phuket

IMO the situation with both Endoh and particularly Pucciarelli has reached absurdity. Endoh will leave after his 6 months contract, but Pucci I think is doing a Winston Bogarde and will be here another season. Can't say I blame him.

I know that there are issues with who (normally) plays where when bringing on substitutes, but that's what managers have to work out and have contingency plans, and shuffle players according to the specific situation that faces them. That's their job.

I have nothing whatsoever against Jordi Valadon, but last week he played in NPL3 - yes, NPL3. He comes on for his first senior match while two of our visa players remain on the bench? I'm probably missing everything, but I can't understand that at all.

In the second Group G match of the evening Jeonnam Dragons beat United City 1-0 with a goal in the 87th minute. They now top the Group. They next play BGP while we go up against United City in the late match at 9.00 pm on 18th April (Thai time - midnight AEST). We need to win that by several goals to lead the Group; only the winner of the Group automatically goes through to the next stage.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

IMO the situation with both Endoh and particularly Pucciarelli has reached absurdity. Endoh will leave after his 6 months contract, but Pucci I think is doing a Winston Bogarde and will be here another season. Can't say I blame him.

I know that there are issues with who (normally) plays where when bringing on substitutes, but that's what managers have to work out and have contingency plans, and shuffle players according to the specific situation that faces them. That's their job.

I have nothing whatsoever against Jordi Valadon, but last week he played in NPL3 - yes, NPL3. He comes on for his first senior match while two of our visa players remain on the bench? I'm probably missing everything, but I can't understand that at all.

In the second Group G match of the evening Jeonnam Dragons beat United City 1-0 with a goal in the 87th minute. They now top the Group. They next play BGP while we go up against United City in the late match at 9.00 pm on 18th April (Thai time - midnight AEST). We need to win that by several goals to lead the Group; only the winner of the Group automatically goes through to the next stage.

Whilst we can argue if it was the right moment or the required positions to bring these players on this match - which seems to be never ever, it's become a massive recruitment disaster of 2 senior squad players in terms spots in the team, positions and money.

What a massive wasted opportunity to bring some additional quality to our squad.

Of course you won't see Pucci again, it's become a pride issue when now.

4 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

5 forum pages on this fella ... and how many minutes has he played? PK is prepared to let his mate Leckie take half a season to run into form (and then run him so hard he gets injured) but won't give this fella (with obvious quality) a go.

He's played about as many minutes as pages in this thread... 

• Like 2

“We took our time and ideal player for our squad”

Melbourne City FC Director of Football Michael Petrillo said:

“Manuel is a really talented player, he has excellent technical skills to play as a midfielder but also the sharpness to play as an attacker which makes him the ideal player for our squad. 

“We took our time in making this choice, not only were we looking for these attributes, we also want a player with the ability and desire to work hard in and out of possession, which is a vital for the way we play football.

“I’m confident the fans will enjoy watching Manuel as a player. Adding a player of his calibre, on a multiyear deal, shows the Club’s ambition to not only build on last season’s success, but also continue to add stability and bring in players that can play our attacking style of football.”

Unless any strong objections, after tonight's match I will lock the thread unless and until there is something positive to write about.

It can always be unlocked as and when that occurs. Any mod. has the power to do it.

As it is, there's nothing new, it's repetitive and not doing any of us any good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Unless any strong objections, after tonight's match I will lock the thread unless and until there is something positive to write about.

It can always be unlocked as and when that occurs. Any mod. has the power to do it.

As it is, there's nothing new, it's repetitive and not doing any of us any good.

You have to ask yourself, is this the type of censoring we want on a football opinion forum? 

The cock up of the club is so bad that there is nothing positive report that is part of the game.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

You have to ask yourself, is this type of censoring we want on a football opinion forum? 

The cock up of the club is so bad that there is nothing positive report that is part of the game.

@Mr MO I don't really feel it's censorship. But I take your point and let's wait until more people have a say. The thread has been going since September last year - worth reading the initial reaction actually -  initial hopes were high, but the anticipated result has not occurred and everyone has had ample chance to express their view. Opinions will not be lost and they will be immediately there when the thread is unlocked again. I and others just feel that there is no point in repeating the same comments over and over again. Actually, I don't think it is a thread about Pucci at all now - it's a thread about PK's coaching and the club's senior management.

24 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Oh, wow.  Iron fist censorship. The club is not happy with the comments regarding its handling of the currently contracted player. 

Come on mate. I am NOT connected with the club other than via Foundation Membership of Melbourne Heart, first on the western wing and later behind the southern goal. The only contacts I've had with the club have been at a couple of Family Days, with John van 't Schip and Rutger Worm at a couple of pre-seasons, asking Scott Munn to get the toilets opened out at Epping (another pre-season) and conversations with Ryan our Membership guru. 

Those people who want to leave the thread open please give an outline of what purpose they think it is serving. I can't see any at the present time, but I'm listening. Throwing around accusations of censorship doesn't get us anywhere.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Come on mate. I am NOT connected with the club other than via Foundation Membership of Melbourne Heart, first on the western wing and later behind the southern goal. The only contacts I've had with the club have been at a couple of Family Days, with John van 't Schip and Rutger Worm at a couple of pre-seasons, asking Scott Munn to get the toilets opened out at Epping (another pre-season) and conversations with Ryan our Membership guru. 

Those people who want to leave the thread open please give an outline of what purpose they think it is serving. I can't see any at the present time, but I'm listening. Throwing around accusations of censorship doesn't get us anywhere.

He’s under contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...