Melbourne Football

Jordon Hall

Harrison

47 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Would he count as home grown by any chance?

@Deluka:This is the rule, as summarised for 2020-21:

• Homegrown Players – A Club can spend an unlimited amount on 4 Australian Players aged 23 or younger that have come through the Club’s youth system;

I found this from back in 2015. https://www.cornerflag.com.au/jordys-in-it-for-the-long-hall-at-city/ 

A player of the same name  played for Western Sydney NPL in 2018: https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/npl-wrap-wanderers-go-down-northern-tigers. Was it him? I think so.

I'm going to guess the answer to your question is probably "no."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Pretty much the latter lol.

Looks like not a bad signing in fairness

Don't want to be cynical, but we've signed a 23-y-o defender from an NPL club. It's good for him (and welcome back Jordy Hall), and I'm sure that the club knows what it's doing, but I don't think it's a signing to write home about. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Don't want to be cynical, but we've signed a 23-y-o defender from an NPL club. It's good for him (and welcome back Jordy Hall), and I'm sure that the club knows what it's doing, but I don't think it's a signing to write home about. 

I guess he's cover, for when at least one of Good, Griffiths or Reis isn't available. I suspect our first two picks for central defence will typically be permed from those three, with Hall mostly warming the bench, and getting a first eleven call up only rarely. Of course, don't rule out that he's a gem and will play his way into contention.

8 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I guess he's cover, for when at least one of Good, Griffiths or Reis isn't available. I suspect our first two picks for central defence will typically be permed from those three, with Hall mostly warming the bench, and getting a first eleven call up only rarely. Of course, don't rule out that he's a gem and will play his way into contention.

I'd say he's the interim player between Stokes + Mills who weren't able to be as effective as we probably would have liked when promoted to the first team.

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

I've never seen the bloke play, but if he plays substantial minutes we would be in deep trouble. 

Welcome aboard all the same. 

I wouldn’t say that - What if he is ahead of Mills and Stoke, the several away from the club and additional play time in the NPL. Remember Stokes and Mills play NPL2.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I wouldn’t say that - What if he is ahead of Mills and Stoke, the several away from the club and additional play time in the NPL. Remember Stokes and Mills play NPL2.

He probably is ahead of Mills and Stoke, but my point is more about who he is replacing. If we loseany 2 of  Nuno Good and Griffiths then we are going to be in the shit. 

Now I'm not saying Hall is rubbish but based on where he was playing last season and what level Nuno Griffiths and Good play at then to me it's pretty much logical. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

He probably is ahead of Mills and Stoke, but my point is more about who he is replacing. If we loseany 2 of  Nuno Good and Griffiths then we are going to be in the shit. 

Now I'm not saying Hall is rubbish but based on where he was playing last season and what level Nuno Griffiths and Good play at then to me it's pretty much logical. 

Well Nuno and Griff are injury prone, I can see plenty of play time for him!

• Like 2

If you read the club release it seems as though we're expecting him  to hold his own in the A-League.

"A product of City’s Academy, the 23-year-old is an athletic ball-playing central defender who has spent the last two seasons at NPL club Green Gully. 
Melbourne City FC Director of Football Michael Petrillo said: 
“Jordon is a player who came through the City Academy and after two excellent seasons in the NPL with Green Gully, we feel is ready to take the next step at A-League level. 
“He’s good on the ball, defends well, is mobile and suits the City style of play perfectly. We welcome Jordon back to the Club and look forward to him continuing to develop and reach his undoubted potential."

• 6 months later...