Melbourne Football

Fantasy Premier League

malloy

48 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Waiting on a code @malloy.

”No Pressure”

Haha, I direct you to my original post where I said "If we have enough people interested I will set up a league."

I hadn't yet considered two responses as falling inside the parameters of "enough people".

That being said I will pm both you and JW with a code of the league I set up immediately after making that post.

If anyone else wants to join please post in here and I will PM you.

Edited by malloy
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, haz said:

What Website? 

@haz https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

@malloy Will tell you how to join the Forum's league (or I can if he doesn't) and give you the code to join. Then you select your 15-man squad from the listed players, then your captain and vice-captain and then your team for the first match, and you're set. You can register in your own name or an assumed name, and your team name can be different.

If I can do it than you certainly can!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

17 teams. Not bad! Looking forward to something to lift the gloom of an extended lockdown.

There are still a couple more who have promised to sign up that haven't yet, so we might be able to reach 20 teams.

Lockdown was a big factor in deciding to start the league, even if it only provides a small distraction each week, it is still something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, malloy said:

There are still a couple more who have promised to sign up that haven't yet, so we might be able to reach 20 teams.

Lockdown was a big factor in deciding to start the league, even if it only provides a small distraction each week, it is still something.

We've now reached 18. I've sent a "Last Chance Saloon" email to a couple of other possibles. @malloy IMO it's a bloody good idea. I'd seen reference to it before, but never thought about participating. But the pandemic has changed our whole lives, and possibly in some ways permanently, some that we won't recognise yet, so IMO what you've done is very praiseworthy.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

The volume of data they must have sloshing around in their software must be pretty big!

Could never rival FOX's knowledge of what Player X had for breakfast in the 3rd Grade of primary school. 

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...

The FPL league has been renewed for the forthcoming season.

If you were in the league last year, you will automatically rejoin when you create your team for the 2023 season.

If you are interested in joining for the first time, PM me for the league code.

We are also exploring thepossibility of prizes this season.

@Jovan, @Shahanga, @kingofhearts get involved again.

• Thanks 2

On 14/07/2022 at 1:13 PM, malloy said:

So the club are being very generous and are going to throw in a team signed jersey as a prize.

So sign up!

Big shout out to @Embee for sorting it out!

Come on lads - join up! @malloy has worked hard to get this up and running and to get a couple of prizes. If I can do it, you football-wise experts can as well, and it's a lot of fun and costs nothing but a little of your time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 5:56 PM, malloy said:

The FPL league has been renewed for the forthcoming season.

If you were in the league last year, you will automatically rejoin when you create your team for the 2023 season.

If you are interested in joining for the first time, PM me for the league code.

We are also exploring thepossibility of prizes this season.

@Jovan, @Shahanga, @kingofhearts get involved again.

Hey mate need the code, 

Cheers.