Jump to content
Melbourne Football

Casey Fields - City's new home


jw1739
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, citypool said:

Sorry I’m saying Brisbane moving to redcliffe would be the same as us moving from the city to Dandenong 

Dandenong is very different from Casey Fields. The stadium site proposed by Team11 adjoins Dandenong Station and is therefore manageable by PT - it was for that reason that people - including me - were happy to get behind the Team11 proposal.

Last time I drove by it seemed that the site might be being developed for another purpose. I didn't pay too much attention because of the traffic, but maybe a local could update us on that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without knowing any inside info, I would find it highly unlikely we would ever move from AAMI park.

Building a stadium would be amazing but with a fan base of between 5K and 15K it makes zero sense.

Playing a midweek cup game against a team with literally no away fans at a training ground isn't a big deal.

I'm personally torn about going tonight, currently prefer watching it from home, but at 6pm maybe will go for the drive. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Without knowing any inside info, I would find it highly unlikely we would ever move from AAMI park.

Building a stadium would be amazing but with a fan base of between 5K and 15K it makes zero sense.

Playing a midweek cup game against a team with literally no away fans at a training ground isn't a big deal.

I'm personally torn about going tonight, currently prefer watching it from home, but at 6pm maybe will go for the drive. 

It got postponed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Without knowing any inside info, I would find it highly unlikely we would ever move from AAMI park.

Building a stadium would be amazing but with a fan base of between 5K and 15K it makes zero sense.

When I got told about the city move to casey, the guy mentioned that the team 11 stadium would be built by CFG and state government but haven't heard anything since and no idea if covid has changed things 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Without knowing any inside info, I would find it highly unlikely we would ever move from AAMI park.

Building a stadium would be amazing but with a fan base of between 5K and 15K it makes zero sense.

Playing a midweek cup game against a team with literally no away fans at a training ground isn't a big deal.

I'm personally torn about going tonight, currently prefer watching it from home, but at 6pm maybe will go for the drive. 

I think you'll find, as much as WU are a laughing stock at the moment, IF they get their stadium up and running correctly, they will become the pinnacle of the A-league off field. Having their own stadium opens up revenue streams that no other A league club has. This league is purely about ROI for owners. 

All WU need to do is hold conferences, the odd Super rugby match, maybe some motorsport events and potentially a concert or two a year, and their revenues will outdo the rest of the A-league. 

If CFG can construct a stadium that holds 15k, which they own, and obtain revenue from 12 months of the year, they will do it. In fact, they have been beaten to the punch by WU in doing so. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Centrehalf said:

I think you'll find, as much as WU are a laughing stock at the moment, IF they get their stadium up and running correctly, they will become the pinnacle of the A-league off field. Having their own stadium opens up revenue streams that no other A league club has. This league is purely about ROI for owners. 

All WU need to do is hold conferences, the odd Super rugby match, maybe some motorsport events and potentially a concert or two a year, and their revenues will outdo the rest of the A-league. 

If CFG can construct a stadium that holds 15k, which they own, and obtain revenue from 12 months of the year, they will do it. In fact, they have been beaten to the punch by WU in doing so. 

Of course, CFG don't have to actually own a stadium. They don't own the City of Manchester Stadium, it's on a 50-year(?) lease. What's important is that wherever we play we do indeed obtain revenue every day of every year, by way of non-football events, cafe/restaurant etc. etc. This is not rocket science. 

As far as I am aware, the only stadium that CFG has built and owns is the 7000-capacity Manchester City Academy Stadium where the Manchester City Women's team and the EDS youth team play home matches. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Stadium

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Of course, CFG don't have to actually own a stadium. They don't own the City of Manchester Stadium, it's on a 50-year(?) lease. What's important is that wherever we play we do indeed obtain revenue every day of every year, by way of non-football events, cafe/restaurant etc. etc. This is not rocket science. 

As far as I am aware, the only stadium that CFG has built and owns is the 7000-capacity Manchester City Academy Stadium where the Manchester City Women's team and the EDS youth team play home matches. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Stadium

 

They have 650 million put aside to build NYCFC a stadium. Could spend 25% of that and build an A-league quality stadium.

They will want to own a stadium, considering they pretty much own the league now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! First time poster - new City fan after the club moved 10 minutes away from my house!

Was down at Casey Fields for a kick yesterday afternoon with my kids. Looks like the new training pitch is nearly finished. But was wondering, does anyone here know when they’re going to construct the new building? Cant find any info anywhere. Going to be pretty sweet when it’s finished!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AshR88 said:

Hi everyone! First time poster - new City fan after the club moved 10 minutes away from my house!

Was down at Casey Fields for a kick yesterday afternoon with my kids. Looks like the new training pitch is nearly finished. But was wondering, does anyone here know when they’re going to construct the new building? Cant find any info anywhere. Going to be pretty sweet when it’s finished!

Welcome!

I thought they were going to add another story on top of the existing building? Which pitch will be main training pitch for the team? The empty space north of the club house thought was allocated for a mini match ground/stadium.

All I can find are the below images on the blue print.

image.png.953af9ad5d2732e2e3bfd1f65555a02a.png

image.png.251cd33869b9533d1116c69a36c49398.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Welcome!

I thought they were going to add another story on top of the existing building? Which pitch will be main training pitch for the team? The empty space north of the club house thought was allocated for a mini match ground/stadium.

All I can find are the below images on the blue print.

image.png.953af9ad5d2732e2e3bfd1f65555a02a.png

image.png.251cd33869b9533d1116c69a36c49398.png

Thanks!

Yeah, you’re definitely right about that second level, that’s what I was really curious about - when is that going to happen?

In that pic above its the square pitch that’s to the north-west (??) of the building that looks like it’s nearly done. I can only guess that’s going to be their main training pitch, because the rest of the pitches were here before City announced the move. Could be wrong though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AshR88 said:

Thanks!

Yeah, you’re definitely right about that second level, that’s what I was really curious about - when is that going to happen?

In that pic above its the square pitch that’s to the north-west (??) of the building that looks like it’s nearly done. I can only guess that’s going to be their main training pitch, because the rest of the pitches were here before City announced the move. Could be wrong though. 

Yeah the square space north west, or adjacent to the building. I thought they wanted to make a small match stadium there but it makes more sense for main training pitch. 

This was announced last year.

The Etihad City Football Academy (CFA) will sit within the Casey Fields Football Centre of Excellence. It will feature:

  • an elite training pitch
  • four full-sized floodlit pitches
  • a two-story elite performance headquarters building
  • space for a 4,000-capacity mini-stadium to be created as part of a future stage three expansion.

The new CFA will be the centre of the club's academy, schools and community work. It will also include the City of Casey's grassroots football and community programs.

Some of the new facilities are already available for use. The new CFA will be fully completed in early 2022.

Edited by Mr MO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, fensaddler said:

 

We're probably more on target than Western United.

Not hard!

Maybe it was a misspeak and they meant the training pitch, cause that definitely looks almost ready to go.

And Mr MO is also right - when I was looking around it definitely looks like the space immediately next to the building has been cleared for a future show pitch. A little grandstand must be being put next to the building or on the other side one day. 
 

anyway, thanks for your help lads! It’ll be great to see it take shape

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...