Melbourne Football

December 19 Christmas Derby

Cityscape

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

Yeah, the Hool Track is now rated a Firm 2 (If it goes to 40 or over it will be a Firm 1) anyway therefore the Hool Points on offer have been upgraded to as follows: 

1. The wearing of all Dark Clothes: 3 pts 
  2. The wearing of a Jumper: 5 pts 
  3. The wearing of a Jacket: 7 pts

Claims can be made for bonus points if Jackets/Jumpers have Badges or Goggles attached.

Where can we meet so you can stamp and approve my 15 points?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What sort of points do you get for thongs non descript reddish t-shirt and a new city bucket hat? 

Sorry, I forgot Bucket Hats seeing us they are Firm Track Wear but the stewards will be accessing each individual hat on how easily it can identify someone as a Hool to the local Authorities. (Sadly I dont think a City Hat could be awarded such points but one brought from 80s Classic Casuals on the other hand will award its owner 1pt).

12 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Where can we meet so you can stamp and approve my 15 points?

I dont know who you are exactly (I think I might)... anyway you know who I am so I think it be easier if just come find me, likewise for Jimmy.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mofo said:

Hi all,

I'm not from Melbourne and I'm coming down to the game. Where is a good place to go for a pre game drink? Any places I should avoid due to the presence of tards?

We're all going to Cricketers Arms after the game

1 hour ago, cadete said:

I dont know who you are exactly (I think I might)... anyway you know who I am so I think it be easier if just come find me, likewise for Jimmy.

I'll be more than happy to come say hi and buy you a pint if I see you Saturday. As for Jimmy fuck that guy.

58 minutes ago, carlings said:

Anyone know if this is shown in Asia. I'm in Vietnam for the game and scanning the Asian fox sports and setanta channels didn't bring up the a league on the weekend just gone here. Any advice appreciated! 

Are you going to be anywhere near a computer/internet capable of streaming the game?

24 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Are you going to be anywhere near a computer/internet capable of streaming the game?

Unlikely, on holiday is Hoi An so was hoping the local sports bar may be able to tap into some pay TV channels, just wasn't sure if the a league is even broadcast is Asia. 

6 hours ago, mofo said:

Hi all,

I'm not from Melbourne and I'm coming down to the game. Where is a good place to go for a pre game drink? Any places I should avoid due to the presence of tards?

Hmmmmmm......... made 1 post, not from melbourne, coming to the game and wants to know where are pre-drinks. This sounds fishy to me....

19 hours ago, cadete said:

Yeah, the Hool Track is now rated a Firm 2 (If it goes to 40 or over it will be a Firm 1) anyway therefore the Hool Points on offer have been upgraded to as follows: 

1. The wearing of all Dark Clothes: 3 pts 
  2. The wearing of a Jumper: 5 pts 
  3. The wearing of a Jacket: 7 pts

Claims can be made for bonus points if Jackets/Jumpers have Badges or Goggles attached.

10 points for a Fred perry polo worn over a hoodie. Coupled with a gold chain and bucket hat

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

With chapman gone we will lose this unfortunately 

Not writing us off that quick. Chapman was far from perfect. Ok  we know that the empire has a lot of pace up front & will be looking to hit us hard on the break but from the little I saw of Hughes he reads the game well and is in short an accomplished defender. I think his experience will negate any extra pace chapman had. In addition he will be less of a liability defending set pieces.

We have shown we can hurt teams going forward too.

#keepthefaith

#usetheforce

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Not writing us off that quick. Chapman was far from perfect. Ok  we know that the empire has a lot of pace up front & will be looking to hit us hard on the break but from the little I saw of Hughes he reads the game well and is in short an accomplished defender. I think his experience will negate any extra pace chapman had. In addition he will be less of a liability defending set pieces.

We have shown we can hurt teams going forward too.

#keepthefaith

#usetheforce

Hughes will be a BIG improvement on Chapman, IF he can stay on the park.

Don't get me wrong I think Connor is handy and shows a bit of potential going forward, but he is grossly overrated by City fans overall imo. Kisnorbo certainly is still a better defender.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

With chapman gone we will lose this unfortunately 

i would say the loss of Chapman has less impact on this game than Victory having to play tonight in Perth. both teams will be up against it.

19 hours ago, Cityscape said:

Anyone buy a ticket today and has PAX number update?

Just had a quick look, everything sold out bar scattered seats on level three east and three bays on level three west.

Looks like the hot weather hasn't stopped people going.

bought last night - PAX 25041 and 2

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So who's going to be doing the hard work to break down their play in the midfield? Now that Melling won't play can't rely on Koren to have the legs and willngness to do this. 

Retre. Haven't been a fan and felt he was out of his depth but this season has proved to be very valuable. He came on Sunday and really changed things at the start of the second half with his energy and some tidy passing. I would be confident him alongside Paartalu and Mooy lose in the hole will be good enough to get the job done. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

A Premium C Membership gets you your normal seat at this game, right?

yep. if you have a reserved seat (not a GA membership) you'll have your regular seat, if you're GA you gotta upgrade.

36 minutes ago, Cityscape said:

Great to hear, will be sold out for sure now considering it's only Wednesday and the buildup to the game hasn't properly started yet.

i wonder if they're holding some over for these 3-Game Memberships meaning that there'll be some prime empty seats in our area.

Regarding Melling, this was written today:

Jacob Melling, who was cleared of serious injury after being subbed against Newcastle Jets on Sunday, is on standby to play a makeshift defensive role, but will likely to start in midfield.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-consider-signing-injury-replacement-for-defender-connor-chapman/news-story/a49c9cd61faffc2b9096261306e495a7

And together with photos of Melling training with the team today on the Melbourne City website, I'd say Melling is injury-free and able to play on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Murfy1 said:

Regarding Melling, this was written today:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-consider-signing-injury-replacement-for-defender-connor-chapman/news-story/a49c9cd61faffc2b9096261306e495a7

And together with photos of Melling training with the team today on the Melbourne City website, I'd say Melling is injury-free and able to play on Saturday.

This is driving me mad murf, thought maybe you could help, i swear i was watching the news today on channel 10 and zullo was running laps with the main group, if he's fit enough to train why isn't he at least playing in the youth league or something like that?