Melbourne Football

Grand final 2021, Sunday 27th June, AAMI Park, 5.05 pm

kingofhearts

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I'd be surprised of I was wrong that success builds support😄

It will be interesting to see what happens next season. We're not seeing much - anything? - from APL in terms of season start and duration, fixtures, etc. etc., the clubs don't yet seem to have independent websites, and so on and so forth - it's more of a reshuffle of, and new, deckchairs so far. I don't see that new sense of rebirth and vitality that I was hoping for, the new ideas, the new momentum. Will we see an increase in members at City? We ought to, on the success theory. Unfortunately COVID-19 looks like it will be with us for quite a while and that isn't going to help.

I don't sense so far that APL personnel are capable of thinking outside the box.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens next season. We're not seeing much - anything? - from APL in terms of season start and duration, fixtures, etc. etc., the clubs don't yet seem to have independent websites, and so on and so forth - it's more of a reshuffle of, and new, deckchairs so far. I don't see that new sense of rebirth and vitality that I was hoping for, the new ideas, the new momentum. Will we see an increase in members at City? We ought to, on the success theory. Unfortunately COVID-19 looks like it will be with us for quite a while and that isn't going to help.

I don't sense so far that APL personnel are capable of thinking outside the box.

I think the new broadcast deal is going to help push the APL into new thinking, as the overlords at Fox Sports HQ won't be the ones dictating the league's proceedings from now on - it'll hopefully be the APL working in tandem alongside Ten and Paramount. 

COVID certainly makes launching the next era of the A-League trickier than it would have been otherwise from a logistical standpoint, but at the same time it means there's less pressure surrounding this 'transition' phase as the A-League supporter and stakeholder expectations while optimistic, are still lukewarm and bound to be more forgiving and patient if things take a little longer. 

After such a great season of A-League, (as a whole, not exclusively for us) it really is the best possible timing for the passing of the baton from Fox Sports to greener pastures to take place as for the first time in almost a decade, there's actually real momentum behind the league and a genuine opportunity for growth.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...