Melbourne Football

Grand final 2021, Sunday 27th June, AAMI Park, 5.05 pm

kingofhearts

44 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Is upstairs open for sale now? Are people perhaps mistaken “sell out” with unavailable seat due to covid regulations?

Who had the impression it was sold out? The allocation was never exhausted and I jumped on during and after the members period.

Edited by Tony999

20 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

It looks like that all sections are available.  Hard limit is set by the number of tickets sold (14,700) not the distance between the seats. When this number is exhausted then it's virtually sold out.

You don’t think that seat distancing is the exact reason they’ve opened up stairs?

First the lower level went up for sale with seat distancing and allocated seat number probably 7 to 8k and now we are moving up stairs. It’s the model they are successfully using around the globe.

Well, you can all play with the numbers. This is the seating capacity as it was when the stadium was first opened.

The first four below (South End, Eastern Wing Lower, North End, Western Wing Lower) are usually referred to as "Level 1."
Upper Eastern and Upper Western are "Level 3."
"Corporate" is "Level 2.

image.png.c63fa2641ff63c610cf0bfd36da2b916.png

image.png.c14d0c59376474e81c9336272792b89f.png

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, you can all play with the numbers. This is the seating capacity as it was when the stadium was first opened.

The first four below (South End, Eastern Wing Lower, North End, Western Wing Lower) are usually referred to as "Level 1."
Upper Eastern and Upper Western are "Level 3."
"Corporate" is "Level 2.

image.png.c63fa2641ff63c610cf0bfd36da2b916.png

image.png.c14d0c59376474e81c9336272792b89f.png

So what’s your thoughts JW, level 1 sold out at 50% capacity?

40 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

You don’t think that seat distancing is the exact reason they’ve opened up stairs?

First the lower level went up for sale with seat distancing and allocated seat number probably 7 to 8k and now we are moving up stairs. It’s the model they are successfully using around the globe.

At AFL grounds where there has been restrictions they’ve closed large parts of those grounds and shoved everyone in the open bits. (Yes, I know)

15 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

So what’s your thoughts JW, level 1 sold out at 50% capacity?

I doubt it. There will be seats throughout Level 1 that have not yet been sold. Working off the first "David Villa" match when Level 3 was opened and there were a few people up there, that occurred at about 75% of the nominal capacity downstairs. Bearing in mind the COVID restriction  I reckon that Level 3 was opened at about 7,500 seats sold, perhaps a little higher, i.e. about 40% capacity sold.

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Bought more tickets - PAX 9767

Just over 24 hours - that's not too bad. We may get close to the limit.

But you see how quickly circumstances can change. This afternoon comes the news that our local dry cleaners here is an exposure site linked to a Sydney outbreak. So some may have bought tickets in good faith and then can't go.

31 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

What is the significance of the PAX? Is it a reflection of what the attendance will be?

Gives a rough idea. Not sure it’s exact but it’s usually pretty close.

Are there still seats on the top level? Those prices are high. Might be why we don’t fill it out. 

Edited by Harrison

37 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

What is the significance of the PAX? Is it a reflection of what the attendance will be?

It is the number of guests or customers. So a booking in a restaurant for "6 pax" means a "table for 6."

For Ticketek I believe that it does indeed mean the number of tickets sold. In my case our two tickets had consecutive Pax numbers. They were bought as the two seats on my membership.

The actual attendance on the day can be lower than the Pax number, because there are always no-shows. The attendance can also be higher because there are always people who can attend who don't actually have to buy seats that are on sale - such as corporates etc.

15 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Gives a rough idea. Not sure it’s exact but it’s usually pretty close.

Correct, as explained above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

It's just something else to rustle your jimmies over, obviously it's not as important as music that gets played, what food you can buy, what colour shorts or socks we wear or even what type of collar we have.

But if the PAX is low then we are in trouble as a club and we as supporters need to look within ourselves to find the reasons. If the PAX is high then we probably have too many fake plastic supporters just jumping on the band wagon not interested in our history or culture,  if the PAX is where you think it should be then you need to focus your attention to another trigger point to vent. 

So basically the PAX is a metric any genuine fan must embrace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It is the number of guests or customers. So a booking in a restaurant for "6 pax" means a "table for 6."

For Ticketek I believe that it does indeed mean the number of tickets sold. In my case our two tickets had consecutive Pax numbers. They were bought as the two seats on my membership.

The actual attendance on the day can be lower than the Pax number, because there are always no-shows. The attendance can also be higher because there are always people who can attend who don't actually have to buy seats that are on sale - such as corporates etc.

Correct, as explained above.

If the PAX is 9767 from the post someone mentioned and the capacity is 14,700, that tells me approx 5,000 tickets are left? But there appears to be roughly 1850 tickets left (both home and away sections).

4 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

If the PAX is 9767 from the post someone mentioned and the capacity is 14,700, that tells me approx 5,000 tickets are left? But there appears to be roughly 1850 tickets left (both home and away sections).

Yes that is my take around 10k sold as of last night, which we would be about right that being our member base.

How did you make your second assessment? With rows being blocked out due to covid its very hard to guess just by looking at the map.

19 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

That's the highest PAX reported by the small number of people on this Forum. Most members are not on this Forum. Plus you have non-members not on this Forum who have also bought tickets.

So I suggest the number of seats left is indeed about the number you quoted.

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes that is my take around 10k sold as of last night, which we would be about right that being our member base.

How did you make your second assessment? With rows being blocked out due to covid its very hard to guess just by looking at the map.

Seats in the rows blocked out by COVID won't be shown as available.

4 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Is there a chance they won't let Sydney in due to the plague breaking out in Sydney?

I'm surprised they are selling "away" tickets. I would think that the Sydney club entourage has been pretty well isolated for quite a while. I would have expected that they would have already arrived in Melbourne.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Just seen an e-mail from AAMI Park setting out the conditions for entry, and offering refunds to those who don't meet the conditions. Looks as though they are going to be strict on entry procedures.

Presumably will be sent to all purchasers.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Chris Beath will be the referee.

I am no referee basher nor would I ever question a referee's bias/integrity, but how is this guy so frequently lauded by the A-League for his feats? I think the refereeing in the A-League has improved considerably personally, but this guy has had nothing to do with it.

His authoritative officiating style is awful and imo, he shows little to no leniency or feel for the game, he regularly disrupts advantage plays to issue yellow cards, and his catalogue of errors throughout his time in the A-League is nothing short of frustrating to be honest. 

This season was the perfect time to reward a genuinely superb, confident young ref in Alex King, although Alireza Faghani and Shaun Evans would have been good shouts too.

• Like 1