Melbourne Football

Grand final 2021, Sunday 27th June, AAMI Park, 5.05 pm

kingofhearts

1 minute ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

How we feeling about Noone and Nabbout? Do we trust their fitness enough to start them?

Their named in the squad. You would probably have to start them cause if you bring them on as a sub, and one of them breaks down might be reduced to 10 if we have used all of our subs. 

Just to be on the contrary.

Noone and nabbout should both start as they have proven all season to be our best forwards.Regardless of injuries, form is temporary,class is forever and  I expect both players to rise to the occasion.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Their named in the squad. You would probably have to start them cause if you bring them on as a sub, and one of them breaks down might be reduced to 10 if we have used all of our subs. 

If we’re that worried (they can’t last more than 10minutes) I wouldn’t even have them on the bench. Worth remembering we have 5 subs now.
Id probably start both on the bench. What no one has talked about is Nabbout was a mile off the pace against Newcastle. He’d need to have shown in training he was back to his old self.

I’m struggling to imagine a scenario where Noone would be ok to start. He’s not the youngest and is clearly struggling to recover from his mystery injury.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nate said:

I wouldn't change the lineup that started against Macarthur tbh. 

Noone and Nabbout both off the bench if Tilio and Cola isn't working.

Agree. Tilio and Cola have done enough to hold their starting positions. I'm more concerned with our ability to prevent goals than score them. If Sydney get in front they are bloody good at grinding out a win. I'd keep Noone and Nabbout on the bench until and if PK knows he has to throw everything into the match to try to win it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

If we’re that worried (they can’t last more than 10minutes) I wouldn’t even have them on the bench. Worth remembering we have 5 subs now.
Id probably start both on the bench. What no one has talked about is Nabbout was a mile off the pace against Newcastle. He’d need to have shown in training he was back to his old self.

I’m struggling to imagine a scenario where Noone would be ok to start. He’s not the youngest and is clearly struggling to recover from his mystery injury.

And PK needs to consider all possible scenarios. This could easily go to extra time, and even penalties. Sydney have some pretty decent subs on their bench, such as Retre and Caceras.

TBH I reckon that if we're going to win this it has to be in normal time. The longer it goes the balance tips towards Sydney.

Do you start Nabbout and Noone knowing that way you can guarantee managed minutes? 

If you bring them on as subs at say the hour mark then you might be commiting them to the rest of normal times and all of extra time, are you better off keeping Tilio and Colakovski back for that role knowing that you will have real pace and energy in the second half? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Aardvark said:

Do you start Nabbout and Noone knowing that way you can guarantee managed minutes? 

If you bring them on as subs at say the hour mark then you might be commiting them to the rest of normal times and all of extra time, are you better off keeping Tilio and Colakovski back for that role knowing that you will have real pace and energy in the second half? 

unanswerable questions really, as either approach would be acceptable

glad I'm not the manager

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

And PK needs to consider all possible scenarios. This could easily go to extra time, and even penalties. Sydney have some pretty decent subs on their bench, such as Retre and Caceras.

Retre will be starting as he’s playing RB in replace of Grant 

I'm starting both Noone and Nabbout if they are fit. In what everyone thinks will be a tight game that extra expirience and quality could be crucial. Cola drops out and Nabbout plays as the striker. And in what is an incredibly tough and harsh decision, Galloway goes out of 11 and Atkinson slides back to RB. 

I wouldn't want to be in PK shoes for this team selection, 13 guys deserve to start 

• Like 1

Thinking about it maybe starting them is a good idea only because should one of them pull up sore then one of the young boys can run out the rest of the game. Would be shit to sub Noone or Nabbout later then they get injured and we're down to limited wingers left. 

Huge day. The biggest day. Absolutely shitting myself, but also incredibly grateful that we all get to be there today. The plate winning night was truly something special, so tonight is almost a free hit imo. If we lose, it will obviously hurt but considering how compromised we’ve been these finals it will still be a great achievement.

however, I truly hope we come out there and absolutely belt them. 8-0 win, Colacovski double hattrick inbound. Have fun today ladies and gents 🍻

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Michael Lynch has the following in The Age

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/designed-in-manchester-made-in-melbourne-pep-talk-drives-city-20210626-p584gm.html

I wonder if Metcalfe, Tilio, Atkinson and Colavski can get a week's training session at Manchester City. It would be a nice reward for their efforts this year.

And then another two weeks in quarantine on their return? I don't think so.

But maybe I'm not thinking too well today. My nerves are already at fever pitch.