Melbourne Football

Grand final 2021, Sunday 27th June, AAMI Park, 5.05 pm

kingofhearts

7 minutes ago, rass said:

oh wow Ticketek. Bought our fam's tickets along with another fam's (members) to sit with us. Found our original seats but by the time I entered all the phone numbers, it timed me out and i lost them. Whole section disappeared in those minutes.

Now sitting in a different area. Not sure to be pissed or just thankful we're going!

Yeah. I had tickets for 4 then faffing about briefly and gonski. Different section next time and just grabbed them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rass said:

oh wow Ticketek. Bought our fam's tickets along with another fam's (members) to sit with us. Found our original seats but by the time I entered all the phone numbers, it timed me out and i lost them. Whole section disappeared in those minutes.

Now sitting in a different area. Not sure to be pissed or just thankful we're going!

Did you book your family's tickets as part of a family bundle?

I managed to book 4 tickets (as individual tix: 2 x adult + 2 x Junior), because I couldn't work out how to book them as part of my family membership; the dropdown next to 'family' was '0' for all four codes farken. So I ended up paying $300+ instead of $225. Now I'm going to have to email the club and ask for a refund of the difference! :droy:

Edited by Red or Dead

1 minute ago, Red or Dead said:

Did you book your family's tickets as part of a family bundle?

I managed to book 4 tickets (as individual tix: 2 x adult + 2 x Junior), because I couldn't work out how to book them as part of my family membership; the dropdown next to 'family' was '0' for all four codes farken. So I ended up paying $300+ instead of $225. Now I'm going to have to email the club and ask for a refund of the difference! :droy:

Same as you. Ticketek are just plain fukd tbh.

The options map back to your barcodes - so if you have 4 members in the family, you would have options for 1 ticket for each of adult, junior, etc... Not family.

Let me know how you go, I suspect it would be the same for everyone.

just got my tickets.  tried to get active (where I normally sit) but no dice (30 minutes after opening). 

8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah. I had tickets for 4 then faffing about briefly and gonski. Different section next time and just grabbed them.

17 minutes ago, rass said:

i think its a bit fucked that we can't necessarily get our normal seats (assuming you guys are in the same boat as me) but that is problem of getting a restricted final capacity.

16 minutes ago, imonyarraside said:

So despite a non-matchday supporter membership guarantying members presale access for finals...I don't seem to have any access code to buy tickets. Have been a member since 2010 and no luck so far tonight. Gutted.

feeling for you mate.  i had a problem a while back where the club had two different emails for me and so they kept sending my member emails to the wrong address.  fingers crossed you get your email. can only suggest you try the membership hotline - good luck!!!

4 minutes ago, imonyarraside said:

Is the password just your barcode or in there a special code?

did you book any tickets during the season? should be the same code (via those club emails)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

i think its a bit fucked that we can't necessarily get our normal seats (assuming you guys are in the same boat as me) but that is problem of getting a restricted final capacity.

I don't understand this - we don't have more than 15k members unless somebody has snapped up your seat under the friend & family rule?

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I don't understand this - we don't have more than 15k members unless somebody has snapped up your seat under the friend & family rule?

don't get it either.  sadly ticketek kept coming up that they were out of capacity in that area.  i can only think that maybe some people have decided to "bring a friend".  surprised the area sold out in 30 minutes too 😒

21 minutes ago, imonyarraside said:

Is the password just your barcode or in there a special code?

Its a special code. Have you received a code at any time during the season to get tickets? If, yes then its likely the same code (I say likely as Im not sure how it works if you dont gave full season membership).

Good luck!

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

don't get it either.  sadly ticketek kept coming up that they were out of capacity in that area.  i can only think that maybe some people have decided to "bring a friend".  surprised the area sold out in 30 minutes too 😒

Have they applied social distancing between rowes and seats perhaps? That’s what they are doing at the Euros now as well. The whole stadium will be used and everybody spread out.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Usually we don't have much lunch and so we eat early in the evening, but today we had something in the middle of the day and dinner was late. That's the only reason why I saw the email in time to let the rest of the gang know about the "window." After dinner I changed my mind about going and was able to obtain good tickets at the back at the Northern End with 20 minutes or so to spare.

So we're in after all!

Really though, two and a half hours isn't a lot of time to stuff around with the Ticketek website. Would it have killed ticket sales to give City members until 8.00 am tomorrow? I don't think so.

Incidentally, FWIW our Pax numbers in the 4,800s.

Edited by jw1739

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Usually we don't have much lunch and so we eat early in the evening, but today we had something in the middle of the day and dinner was late. That's the only reason why I saw the email in time to let the rest of the gang know about the "window." After dinner I changed my mind about going and was able to obtain good tickets at the back at the Northern End with 20 minutes or so to spare.

So we're in after all!

Really though, two and a half hours isn't a lot of time to stuff around with the Ticketek website. Would it have killed ticket sales to give City members until 8.00 am tomorrow? I don't think so.

Incidentally, FWIW our Pax numbers in the 4,800s.

I suspect a lot of members will have missed the window or struggled with Ticketek. Think there will be plenty left later this evening...

Edited by fensaddler

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I suspect a lot of members will have missed the window or struggled with Ticketek. Think there will be plenty left later this evening...

Yeah I think the super keen will get in early then sales will slow, especially with many away fans out of the picture.

Surprised this didn't sellout tonight tbh, especially with limited capacity as that usually drives up demand but hey, crazy times. 

My PAX was 34 for what it's worth, I absolutely sped through Ticketek on my work break in pure fear I'd miss out but those fears were evidently misplaced lol.

Just so stoked we're able to host this. Atmosphere should be electric, even with 14,000.

Edited by Nate

6 hours ago, Nate said:

Surprised this didn't sellout tonight tbh, especially with limited capacity as that usually drives up demand but hey, crazy times. 

My PAX was 34 for what it's worth, I absolutely sped through Ticketek on my work break in pure fear I'd miss out but those fears were evidently misplaced lol.

Just so stoked we're able to host this. Atmosphere should be electric, even with 14,000.

I don’t think we get to full capacity at these prices, just my feeling.

With distance spacing between rows and seats they will have to open the upper level.

20 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

With distance spacing between rows and seats they will have to open the upper level.

What prices? Don't AFL charge a few hundred dollars when they have their GF? It's not that expensive for an occasion that rarely happens.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

What prices? Don't AFL charge a few hundred dollars when they have their GF? It's not that expensive for an occasion that rarely happens.

I’ll be there but just my feeling based on feedback from people around me.

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I've just looked at each sections availability and there's barely any spots left beside around the away active section done spots on level three. 

I’m not sure if the ticket allocation to the bays are spreadout and slim due to COVID regulations or they are actually sold.

43 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I think the issue is that it's discretionary expenditure. Many people have lost jobs, or lost part of their wages and /or other income during the pandemic, and have to think at least twice before hitting "pay now." I had decided to give it a miss but then got caught up in the last-minute hype, but I winced when I saw the total cost.

Politicians like to make big-picture grandiose statements about the overall "economy." In reality there are a lot of "individual economies" that don't look all that healthy.

I think a secondary issue is that football fans remain divided over the significance of "finals" and those that bother to see the new qualification criteria for the ACL know that winning the GF doesn't lead anywhere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think the issue is that it's discretionary expenditure. Many people have lost jobs, or lost part of their wages and /or other income during the pandemic, and have to think at least twice before hitting "pay now." I had decided to give it a miss but then got caught up in the last-minute hype, but I winced when I saw the total cost.

Politicians like to make big-picture grandiose statements about the overall "economy." In reality there are a lot of "individual economies" that don't look all that healthy.

I think a secondary issue is that football fans remain divided over the significance of "finals" and those that bother to see the new qualification criteria for the ACL know that winning the GF doesn't lead anywhere.

Some valid points. Regardless, I'm hoping it will sell out eventually. My guess is the away bay will not sellout or even close to a sellout with what's happening now in NSW with the covid cases. 

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

"Sell-outs" are almost never such, unless all that's counted is the number of tickets sold. There are always last-minute no-shows. I would be surprised if we get in excess of 13,000, simply because even last night there were odd seats scattered through the sections that I looked at. So if you're looking for a single seat you will be OK, but if you're looking for three or four you won't be keen on splitting up at these prices. 

To reach 14,700 and be COVID-safe it is necessary for the whole stadium to be open. Anything else will make a mockery of the restriction.

During the regular season I could see no attempt at spacing between rows whatsoever, and the "Covid marshals" were the most idle group of people I've ever seen.