Melbourne Football

Sunday 20th June, 4:05KO, Semi final vs Bulls.

kingofhearts

20 hours ago, Nate said:

So there it is, Sydney FC confirmed for the Grand Final. 

The A-League corporate-bots in NSW will be unashamedly barracking against us tomorrow so that they can have their dream all-Sydney final and avoid having to deal with the headaches of negotiating the home venue should we dare win. 

I hope we fucking annihilate Macarthur tomorrow. I don't value the finals series as highly as the Plate but this season, I care based on the principle. I hope we win not only because we deserve to, but because I don't want anyone else to have the satisfaction. Between losing our 3 best players this season to the Socceroos, our injuries and the debacle of playing an earned home semi-final in Sydney, I hope we rise above the adversity and send a message to Sydney FC. 

Fuck 'em all. Go City.

Doesn't this just make you feel erect 🍆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Greg O'Rourke appears to confess in interview that APL turned down the chance of playing in Geelong with just regional fans.

That’s disappointing but we suspected this. Man oh man it was a cash cow for them this game!

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

Think that was reported a few weeks ago. Seems genuine. Atkinson got a big role today. Interesting front three, hope it works. Colakovski up front is what I would’ve gone with so happy with that. 

Colakovski up front works and it’s surely the set-up we go with against Sydney. Tilio grew into the match but should be more comfortable on the left side now. Atkinson gave a strong performance, might just be the difference between us winning it and losing it. Midfield was a little patchy and the defence was good. 

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Understandable. The club is called Melbourne City. Be better off playing at AAMI 

I thought he was referring today’s game, they got offered to play in Geelong but still opted to play at an neutral venue in Sydney and hour away from Macathur.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

That’s disappointing but we suspected this. Man oh man it was a cash cow for them this game!

Any idea what the attendance was at Kogarah? Didn't look like many.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I thought he was referring today’s game, they got offered to play in Geelong but still opted to play at an neutral venue in Sydney and hour away from Macathur.

Yes, he was. It was no spectators at all at AAMI or regional-only spectators in Geelong. They chose neither.

Edited by jw1739

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, he was. It was no spectators at all at AAMI or regional-only spectators in Geelong. They chose neither.

That’s it, it makes my blood boil when I read that they were really disappointed as well that the game had to be played in NSW. 

12 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He was.

I think aami behind closed doors was a better option than in front of 30 people in geelong 

7 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

That’s it, it makes my blood boil when I read that they were really disappointed as well that the game had to be played in NSW. 

Our elected representatives should be ashamed of themselves. 
Zero cases.

”we are only following Dr Sutton’s advice “. Dr Sutton however can’t be fucked even following his own advice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Today’s crowd was 2,283 lol. Hardly worth moving it to Sydney for a crowd like that. Would’ve gotten more in Geelong and barely would’ve made more money than if they just kept it in a locked out AAMI. 

Edited by icantthinkofacoolname
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Today’s crowd was 2,283 lol. Hardly worth moving it to Sydney for a crowd like that. Would’ve gotten more in Geelong and barely would’ve made more money than if they just kept it in a locked out AAMI. 

I was there, seemed like more. APL can eat a bag of dicks. FFA FC just changing to APL FC just a new name for a bunch of clowns on their knees for Sydney

• Like 4

Much as I am critical of APL, they're between a rock and a hard place. They probably lose money on most of the options that are available to them. It will cost something to hire a ground, even if the match is played behind closed doors. They probably don't make very much even on a restricted crowd at AAMI. I would guess that Kogarah is a lot cheaper than AAMI, but they wouldn't have made much there today, and probably lost a fair bit. I would think that they were very disappointed with 2,283.

Next week will be different, with Sydney FC being one grand finalist. Pure guesswork, but I reckon financially they will inevitably be drawn towards Bankwest Stadium, and probably it's easier to deal with NSW than it is VicGov, the latter with its lockdown mentality.

• Like 1