Melbourne Football

Sunday 20th June, 4:05KO, Semi final vs Bulls.

kingofhearts

What shits me is that we've been shafted by our own government. Sutton goes to Canberra for an "NHMRC Awards Function" while the rest of us were in lockdown. We can't play a match at AAMI even quarter full. Melbourne - sporting capital of the world. Haha. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What shits me is that we've been shafted by our own government. Sutton goes to Canberra for an "NHMRC Awards Function" while the rest of us were in lockdown. We can't play a match at AAMI even quarter full. Melbourne - sporting capital of the world. Haha. 

The game could have easily been played here. The recent case had been self isolating for some time. The small residual risk could have been managed with masks and a 13k crowd limit.

At least Sutton got to his awards night though, wouldn’t want to see a hard working bloke like him inconvenienced.

(to be clear though I don’t particularly blame Sutton, he only presented his advice and then didn’t follow it, it’s those who chose to follow his advice that I have a gripe with)

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

The game could have easily been played here. The recent case had been self isolating for some time. The small residual risk could have been managed with masks and a 13k crowd limit.

At least Sutton got to his awards night though, wouldn’t want to see a hard working bloke like him inconvenienced.

(to be clear though I don’t particularly blame Sutton, he only presented his advice and then didn’t follow it, it’s those who chose to follow his advice that I have a gripe with)

Indeed it could. But let's face it, APL didn't want it here, and why VicGov even built AAMI Park intrigues me, because they then put it under the administration of MOPT who hate "sokkah." 

I don't particularly care about "finals," being born overseas, but now I want us to win just to show we can do it against all the odds.

IMO Sutton is just showing hypocrisy. Black mark as far as I am concerned. A bigger one against NHMRC for holding their "awards" night/dinner, piss-up/whatever. They could have done it by video-conference. After all, it's not as if the public could vote on who should be awarded. It's just a closed shop saying how good one of their own is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheStig said:

What date do our Socceroos players get out of quarantine?

Mayeb the GF could be pushed back a week to allow them to play? The NSW covid sistuation could be used as justification. 

They wanna finish the a league ASAP for the Olympus and Foxtel contract 

1 hour ago, malloy said:

Now that we are looking like we have the squad to win the game tomoz, I get the feeling Adelaide will win today and the APL will move the GF to Adelaide so that there can be a full crowd and we won't be allowed to travel over there.

I can live with it being played in Adelaide.

1 hour ago, malloy said:

Now that we are looking like we have the squad to win the game tomoz, I get the feeling Adelaide will win today and the APL will move the GF to Adelaide so that there can be a full crowd and we won't be allowed to travel over there.

Looking like Sydney unfortunately. Bankwest here we come (if we win tomorrow).

21 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Looking like Sydney unfortunately. Bankwest here we come (if we win tomorrow).

What we reckon, COVID infections picking up in Sydney - APL will still push for a GF in Sydney as per their clear and obvious play book?

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Even the dogs on the street know...

This is what will happen;

Despite the Covid situation escalating in Sydney, tomorrow Melbourne City will play their home SF at a neutral venue in Sydney against Macarthur who are based in Sydney. Upon return they need to quarantine back in Victoria. It will be decided for Melbourne City to remain in NSW to play their home GF at a neutral venue in Sydney against Sydney FC also based in Sydney.

Edited by Mr MO

FFA is based in Sydney. APL is based in Sydney. Danny Townsend is CEO of Sydney FC and Managing Director of APL. Five out of twelve A-League clubs are based in New South Wales.

Melbourne is the home of Australian Rules Football. Neither the Victorian Government nor MOTP care a fig about "sokkah."

Simon Pearce of City Football Group was the prime mover in the clubs' "takeover" of management of the A-League.

We're lucky that (so far) the whole finals series is not played in Sydney every season.

"Be careful what you wish for." - Steven Lowy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Isn't it ironic that Sydney is now at the crossroads of a breakout of the dreaded lurgy (covid19) whilst we in Melbourne are controlling the Lurgy very well. I my humble opinion it would be safer for both teams to play in Melbourne than Shitney.

I would suggest that the main problem was neither APL nor COVID-19/20/21. The main problem was VicGov and MOTM, all because of our lockdown mentality here. That being the case Sydneycentric APL was happy to switch the match to NSW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Knee is heavily strapped 

Nooney's knee has been strapped for a while - as far back as the CCM match. Maybe even longer.

13 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

A second string front three. Hmmm.

Best we can do under the circumstances. But I think we can still win it. Just need better conversion rate than we've had for weeks now. We've made goalkeepers look good during that time.