Melbourne Football

@ AAMI Park vs the Tards; Sun at 16.05 (4.05pm for youngsters)

mattyh001

5 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

We've essentially lost the spine of our team to Socceroos duty and I am losing faith that we are going to be able to squeak out two wins to win the dummy seat.

Especially up forward. We have no back up striker to replace jmac, and I just don't know how we're going to score.

I think we're playing well enough though. The last two games we've controlled them relatively well, had opportunities to score and steer us to a winning momentum going into the finals. So I'm confident we will have chances to score and win but like you say I'm now doubting a little our ability to actually finish our chances and close out games. 

Whilst I'm pissed off we couldn't seal them the spoon, we should probably stop worrying about that train wreck of a club they have. Let's just win the toilet seat!

and let's draw against the Jets to give the filth their first spoon :) 

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

Reckon people should calm down. Victory are useless and we just conceded a goal two minutes past the end of added time to draw 1-1. With five of our best players missing.

The problem is obviously that we’ve got one more match to figure out how we can score before it starts to matter.

Noone and Colakovski will need to come back. Where are they? Is Nabbout done for the season? He’d be handy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Reckon people should calm down. Victory are useless and we just conceded a goal two minutes past the end of added time to draw 1-1. With five of our best players missing.

The problem is obviously that we’ve got one more match to figure out how we can score before it starts to matter.

Noone and Colakovski will need to come back. Where are they? Is Nabbout done for the season? He’d be handy. 

I think what concerns people more is going forward to the next matches - 4 of those 5 best players won't feature again. So it's pointless saying ''don't worry we didn't have Jmac, Good and Metcalf etc....''. No way Nabbout will be fit. Cola is at present not much better than our other youngsters - so we are hoping that Craig Noone will carry the side to the toilet seat! For the record, we haven't scored in two matches.

We actually played better than recent weeks with our best players out and didn't manage to score and beat the bottom of the table.

Edited by Mr MO

We completely played them off the park but we’re toothless in front of goal. Now I thought we were poor in terms of game management (Glover, ever heard of a keeper diving on the ball to chew time?) for this game, but more concerning is what it all means for the finals.

Without Noone we aren’t making the Grand Final and I’m praying should we make it Nabbout is at least on the bench.

Ps @neio man of the match?

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

We completely played them off the park but we’re toothless in front of goal. Now I thought we were poor in terms of game management (Glover, ever heard of a keeper diving on the ball to chew time?) for this game, but more concerning is what it all means for the finals.

Without Noone we aren’t making the Grand Final and I’m praying should we make it Nabbout is at least on the bench.

Literally just put it up mate, only just finished the game. Even though lockdown I couldn't watch it live haha 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Noone will be back for jets game and SF

Probably the biggest change I saw was the complete reluctance to cross a ball into the box, mainly due to the size of our attackers. We had a lot of possession but alot of time it was passing around box with no real threat. 

I don't know how we fix it, with no real options. But we need to work out something 

Sucks, but we deserve this for being arrogant enough to send Najjar on loan without bringing in any replacement back-up strikers.

Shame Nabbout's still injured as he's shown he's okay as a central forward, but we're really not the same team without a clinical poacher type like Maclaren. Ahhh well, still an amazing season and we might still get lucky yet.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, neio said:

Probably the biggest change I saw was the complete reluctance to cross a ball into the box, mainly due to the size of our attackers. We had a lot of possession but alot of time it was passing around box with no real threat. 

I don't know how we fix it, with no real options. But we need to work out something 

I’ve said it before but perhaps it’s a mistake not to have replaced Jmac. One thing is to cry about the Socceroos missing but we’ve had plenty of time to recruit a replacement.