Melbourne Football

@ AAMI Park vs the Tards; Sun at 16.05 (4.05pm for youngsters)

mattyh001

a positive result (aka don't you fucking dare lose Newcastle) for the Jesters against Perth (game is on Saturday), and we go into this game here knowing we can give the Tards their first wooden sppon.

given our past derby results this season, i think a spanking is in order - could there be a more perfect time (and yes pun intendedĀ šŸ˜‚Ā )

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Newcastle game just ended in draw. Which means MV have to beat us outright or they get a specialĀ form of silverware.

They have their name written all over it. What an epic way to finish the home and away rounds.
Ā 

image.png.a8510ad98da1a164379a877a77c8e240.png

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Newcastle game just ended in draw. Which means MV have to beat us outright or they get a specialĀ form of silverware.

They have their name written all over it.

image.png.a8510ad98da1a164379a877a77c8e240.png

Nah a draw will be enough for them to overtake Newy. The equation is simple: we win and they get the spoon.Ā We have to be ruthless.Ā 

• Like 1

My error

Earlier today I checked the ladder and NewcastleĀ were equal on 18 points with Victory but head on GD. Its still showing the same but 1 more game played. But I take your point. We have to win and we should in any event. I wish Fox Sports would engrave a wooden spoon and hand it to them after the match.

If they do win the wooden spoon in our next meeting at AAMi, instead of calling them Visitors on the scoreboard we should put 'Spooners'.Ā 
i.e.

Melbourne CityĀ  Ā  Ā 0
SpoonersĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 0

the sad part for me is there is no crowd, so we have no chance ourselves to present a wooden spoon to the tards.Ā  given our use of the 6-0 paper last time, i would have found it funny rocking up in the active bay with wooden spoons (probably would have been kicked out for having a "weapon" but).

game day bitchesssssssss.

pumped.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pride comes before a fall. IMO people are being far too cocky about this match, and the Newcastle one if it ever takes place.

How can you be cocky about a match (against Newcastle) you intendĀ to deliberately lose?

Here's an idea.

Why don't we simply forfeit the final match against Newastle?Ā Its crazy to play the match after the finals and in any event forfeiting can be justified due to the situation in Victoria and on cost grounds.

That would give 3 points to Newcastle which guarantees Victory the spoon. Even if they won the derby it would make no difference.

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 1

Pre-game thoughts.

1. We match up well against this mob, hence the two thrashings weā€™ve dished out.

2. They have been a lot better since Keen took over. Actually look like a football team at times and donā€™t seem to give up when losing quite so often.

3. We have three of our best players unavailable.

4. It was a home game for them but as noneĀ of their fans were likely to turn up anyway the closed doorsĀ disadvantages us more.

5. The availability or not of Rostyn Griffiths is a key factor in this match.

Summary. We are still a much better side than them. Iā€™m expecting a 0-3 win in this one and have assumed Griff is available.

Edited by Shahanga

28 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

With the three on international duty, two long term injuries and now the sudden loss of Cola and Noone, we are looking a bit thin. Let's hope our youngsters are as good as we need them to be...

Prepare to be disappointed. It's PK playing silly buggers again. The place for experiments is the training ground, Premiers or not.

Edited by jw1739