Melbourne Football

The Derby Crowd

citypool

Its a simple fact Strides, 

That a lot of us here dont have the privilege to pretend Soccer is unfairly targeted by the Media because we have through no choice of our own seen more than just the Tip of the Fucken Iceberg of A-League Idiots that you see in the Stadium itself.

As opposed to bay 13 at the cwicket 

As opposed to bay 13 at the cwicket 

So in Bay 13 at the Cricket this happens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32N5pojPfV8&feature=youtu.be

And this happens at the Cricketers Arms prior to the Cricket?

Seriously mate just rock up to the games, enjoy the soccer and go home but just stop being a smart arse and talking about shit you know nothing at all about.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

For the above example though cadete the media went to town on football supporters and as a result got the attention it deserved. We can acknowledge there is a small element who go out before or after a game and has a scrap with another group but none of this is targeted by the media. The media chooses to target an event which went of largely incident free and resulted in less evictions then then other sporting events of the same size. This is the unfair treatment. If the media covered how many evictions occurred at other codes in the same way the uproar wouldn't be as server by football fans.

• Like 1

So in Bay 13 at the Cricket this happens?

And this happens at the Cricketers Arms prior to the Cricket?

Seriously mate just rock up to the games, enjoy the soccer and go home but just stop being a smart arse and talking about shit you know nothing at all about.

Didn't the Indians and Paki's go hammer and tongs in a pub during the cricket World Cup?

Edited by Tony999

For the above example though cadete the media went to town on football supporters and as a result got the attention it deserved. We can acknowledge there is a small element who go out before or after a game and has a scrap with another group but none of this is targeted by the media. The media chooses to target an event which went of largely incident free and resulted in less evictions then then other sporting events of the same size. This is the unfair treatment. If the media covered how many evictions occurred at other codes in the same way the uproar wouldn't be as server by football fans.

With the amount of fights that seem to happen weekly somewhere across Australia that involves the ALeague, soccer fans should probably be pretty happy if evictions are the only things being reported in the media. 

• Like 3

Its a simple fact Strides, 

That a lot of us here dont have the privilege to pretend Soccer is unfairly targeted by the Media because we have through no choice of our own seen more than just the Tip of the Fucken Iceberg of A-League Idiots that you see in the Stadium itself.

Your argument and what the media are reporting are two different things though cadete. This is the problem. They are talking about things that happened in the stadium, can you not see this? The shit that you speak of outside the stadium doesn't justify them painting what was a quite well behaved crowd as violent. 

The scum that cause these problems you mention deserved to be shamed and you, I, the FFA and the media have every right to. But please don't tell me that the media has a right to fill the news with propaganda just because of something that happened at a different time and place. The game on Saturday night deserves to be lauded as a great derby battle and that is all, with some fine print on the people evicted. Because you can be damned sure this is exactly how it would have been reported had it been an cricket match or AFL game. 

• Like 2

Your argument and what the media are reporting are two different things though cadete. This is the problem. They are talking about things that happened in the stadium, can you not see this? The shit that you speak of outside the stadium doesn't justify them painting what was a quite well behaved crowd as violent. 

The scum that cause these problems you mention deserved to be shamed and you, I, the FFA and the media have every right to. But please don't tell me that the media has a right to fill the news with propaganda just because of something that happened at a different time and place. The game on Saturday night deserves to be lauded as a great derby battle and that is all, with some fine print on the people evicted. Because you can be damned sure this is exactly how it would have been reported had it been an cricket match or AFL game. 

So you're complaining that the media are concentrating on a few evictions/flares compared to the violence that happens outside the ground which hardly ever gets reported on?

You would actually prefer the more shocking aspect of ALeague support is plastered all over the news?

• Like 1

So you're complaining that the media are concentrating on a few evictions/flares compared to the violence that happens outside the ground which hardly ever gets reported on?

You would actually prefer the more shocking aspect of ALeague support is plastered all over the news?

I think people would be quite surprised if they knew how much it actually occurred.

Why does it have to be a preference? I never said such a thing. Firstly my point was if the otiside violence gets reported then the media have aright to because it's justified and everyone on here can condemn the sport for that.

But I am arguing that the violence that happens outside the ground should not be justification to ruin what was  in itself a well behaved crowd inside the ground by concentrating on the few evictions. It is not fair that 99.9% of people who do the right thing have to see the sport they love being trashed by media that just feels like giving it a bash. 

Afl xenophobes have always felt threatened by sokkah because unastryan, that's why have all this rubbish in the media and some of the called football supporters swallow hook line and sinker 

Why does it have to be a preference? I never said such a thing. Firstly my point was if the otiside violence gets reported then the media have aright to because it's justified and everyone on here can condemn the sport for that.

But I am arguing that the violence that happens outside the ground should not be justification to ruin what was  in itself a well behaved crowd inside the ground by concentrating on the few evictions. It is not fair that 99.9% of people who do the right thing have to see the sport they love being trashed by media that just feels like giving it a bash. 

So wouldnt the media be better off choosing to report on the more shocking violence that happens off the field if they wanted to bring down the sport (despite the person that owns majority of the media in Australia paying all of the ALeague players salaries) was a true conspiracy against the game as the purists like to claim?

Afl xenophobes have always felt threatened by sokkah because unastryan, that's why have all this rubbish in the media and some of the called football supporters swallow hook line and sinker 

How many times have you seen Heart/City fans attacked by Opposition fans on mass?

And if so tell us when mate?

So wouldnt the media be better off choosing to report on the more shocking violence that happens off the field if they wanted to bring down the sport (despite the person that owns majority of the media in Australia paying all of the ALeague players salaries) was a true conspiracy against the game as the purists like to claim?

What has that go to do with herald sun protecting its vested interest in Alf ? 

I think I get what your saying, better a farcical article about evictions and crowd violence inside the stadium than the outsider stuff that occurs. But if this is the case at least admit the article is full of shit rather than appearing to stand up for it. 

What has that go to do with herald sun protecting its vested interest in Alf ? 

The fact is you have not seen shit.

If you had then you would automatically actually realise that anybody who was Pro Soccer would take the current coverage of Soccer Crowds that is are mentioned over what could be covered by the Media if they decided to really have an agenda against the sport.

• Like 2

I think I get what your saying, better a farcical article about evictions and crowd violence inside the stadium than the outsider stuff that occurs. But if this is the case at least admit the article is full of shit rather than appearing to stand up for it. 

I don't think I've referred to the article in this thread, all my responses have been on the media conspiracy theory and the rose coloured glasses of the purists who think the game doesnt have a problem with violence. 

Yes I agree with you that 10 evictions isnt a story worth reporting on by itself, but its hard to defend and get all worked up about it when Ive seen/read and been affected by what goes on outside which is 100x worse. 

Edited by hedaik

If you had then you would automatically actually realise that anybody who was Pro Soccer would take the current coverage of Soccer Crowds that is are mentioned over what could be covered by the Media if they decided to really have an agenda against the sport.

I can think of one incident in particular in our second season that I was 100% positive would be all over the news because of when and where it happened, yet surprisingly there was nothing mentioned at all about it

I can think of one incident in particular in our second season that I was 100% positive would be all over the news because of when and where it happened, yet surprisingly there was nothing mentioned at all about it

I know which one you mean and I can think of over ten... 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

TBH this seems to happen time and time again.

Also early in our season two there was a channel 7 chopper which managed to get above an incident, however nothing was mentioned at all.

Also early in our season two there was a channel 7 chopper which managed to get above an incident, however nothing was mentioned at all.

Pretty sure this is the same one I am referring to.

vs Sydney?

(edit- as in the game we were heading to was Heart vs Sydney)

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

The kid who threw the bottle got booted and is going to be reprimanded. How many people get hit by shit at the 'G on Boxing Day, I was there a few years back and someone threw a roast chicken during the Mexican wave and there wasn't nearly as much hysteria.

I'm sorry, but getting hit by a roast chook is bloody funny. Not condoning it but hilarious 

• Like 2

Can I ask for those who have suffered through all these other soccer incidents that haven't been reported in the media why didn't you call the police or at least let the FFA or even the club know? Surely they could've helped you guys from being attacked..

1. LOL

2. Fucken LOL

3. Fucken, Fucken LOL.

• Like 1

Can I ask for those who have suffered through all these other soccer incidents that haven't been reported in the media why didn't you call the police or at least let the FFA or even the club know? Surely they could've helped you guys from being attacked..

Whilst I get you're probably just trolling. But Jesus I would love to live under the same rock as you. These instances, at least the ones I've been exposed to, are fast and by the time the police inevitably arrive, 20 minutes later, are well and truly over. Then to top it off everyone is treated like a criminal for having the audacity to travel to watch your football team play

Edited by thisphantomfortress
Post formatting went bonkers
  • Like 1

The kid who threw the bottle got booted and is going to be reprimanded. How many people get hit by shit at the 'G on Boxing Day, I was there a few years back and someone threw a roast chicken during the Mexican wave and there wasn't nearly as much hysteria.

You mix with the wrong crowd, the hens in the chookhouse were trembling, talking about that incident for weeks

• Like 1

What I'd really like to see is the visitors supporters out of the away bay. I didn't get to this derby but Mrs Bela was there and came home complaining about it, it does happen every time. The only way around it would be for MCFC to bulk purchase the away bay tickets and then give or on-sell them to our fans who are members. As long as it didn't happen at a profit it wouldn't be scalping. Alternatively we could pre-purchase away derby tickets with our season tickets. It would get rid of the bandwagoner derby day warriors.

IMO both of those suggestions should come up for serious discussion at the FRG and on "City Voice." 

1. LOL

2. Fucken LOL

3. Fucken, Fucken LOL.

Was going to let you in on striders security service in case you got attacked again next time you travel but if you're going to be like that...

Whilst I get you're probably just trolling. But Jesus I would love to live under the same rock as you. These instances, at least the ones I've been exposed to, are fast and by the time the police inevitably arrive, 20 minutes later, are well and truly over. Then to top it off everyone is treated like a criminal for having the audacity to travel to watch your football team play

Yeah fe.

Just a shame we can't be like in AFL in the instance where rival fans aren't always looking for a fight. I went to watch essendon play brisbane a year ago up there and had a drink with some of the brisbane cheer squad people before the game. Can't ever see that happening with the a-league lol.

Was going to let you in on striders security service in case you got attacked again next time you travel but if you're going to be like that...

Yeah fe.

Just a shame we can't be like in AFL in the instance where rival fans aren't always looking for a fight. I went to watch essendon play brisbane a year ago up there and had a drink with some of the brisbane cheer squad people before the game. Can't ever see that happening with the a-league lol.

there was that wellington fan that jumped on here and invited all travelling fans for a drink. He seemed nice

• Like 6