Melbourne Football

The Derby Crowd

citypool

Just a shame we can't be like in AFL in the instance where rival fans aren't always looking for a fight. I went to watch essendon play brisbane a year ago up there and had a drink with some of the brisbane cheer squad people before the game. Can't ever see that happening with the a-league lol.

its only a certain section of the fans that want a fight. as i was walking out of the game on saturday night, the lads who were from england said that they were shocked at the separation between fans, didnt believe how little it was and couldn't believe that rival fans were walking next to each other. said over there they are completely surrounded by cops and no one can get in or out until they are away. 

its only a certain section of the fans that want a fight. as i was walking out of the game on saturday night, the lads who were from england said that they were shocked at the separation between fans, didnt believe how little it was and couldn't believe that rival fans were walking next to each other. said over there they are completely surrounded by cops and no one can get in or out until they are away. 

Its not called the English disease for no reason.

• Like 1

Given the crap that we usually go through at a MV hosted derby, I don't blame many for not going along

Sitting in GA and trying to support us at that match is like hell, as every time you go to cheer some MV idiot says something stupid. 

Just too many many weirdos at those Etihad games to get me to go back anytime soon. 

Given the crap that we usually go through at a MV hosted derby, I don't blame many for not going along

Sitting in GA and trying to support us at that match is like hell, as every time you go to cheer some MV idiot says something stupid. 

Just too many many weirdos at those Etihad games to get me to go back anytime soon. 

sshould have sat above our active area. Was more than 50% city. 

Also fwiw we have some pre stupid fans as well. Bloke behind me was calling Zullo "Williams" all game. 

Sorry i haven't read any other comments, but

WHO THE F**K IS THE DICK HEAD WHO THREW A BOTTLE AT THE CHILDS HEAD. I was standing at the rail behind the young one when a bottle smacked him straight in the forehead. 

Whoever you are, you dickhead. Hand yourself into the police and f**k off from the supporter base for good. "Our turnout wasnt that good." Well i wonder fucking why. 

PS. This is to City Active area the bottle came from one of you. I'm a proud supporter not so much after that. 

Sorry i haven't read any other comments, but

WHO THE F**K IS THE DICK HEAD WHO THREW A BOTTLE AT THE CHILDS HEAD. I was standing at the rail behind the young one when a bottle smacked him straight in the forehead. 

Whoever you are, you dickhead. Hand yourself into the police and f**k off from the supporter base for good. "Our turnout wasnt that good." Well i wonder fucking why. 

PS. This is to City Active area the bottle came from one of you. I'm a proud supporter not so much after that. 

Not condoning it and not really sure of the incident, but seems a little harsh for a plastic bottle.. was the thing full?

nearly got taken out by one celebrating the second goal but that's part and parcel of the active area. I highly doubt they purposely targeted the kid too..

In regards to "we get a poor crowd to Dodgihad, people should go to support the team"  I say this.

Last year the team gave us the fans every impression that they didn't want to be there.  Well if the players aren't interested, why should the fans be?  

To explore that further, why go to a terrible venue, full of some pretty ordinary types, pay money direct into the coffers of our arch rivals and then put up with a piss poor performance from some gutless wonders?  

Last year I swore I wasn't going back to Dodgihad until i saw our team try.  The 2nd half was more like it, but the first half?  Seriously??

• Like 3

In regards to "we get a poor crowd to Dodgihad, people should go to support the team"  I say this.

Last year the team gave us the fans every impression that they didn't want to be there.  Well if the players aren't interested, why should the fans be?  

To explore that further, why go to a terrible venue, full of some pretty ordinary types, pay money direct into the coffers of our arch rivals and then put up with a piss poor performance from some gutless wonders?  

Last year I swore I wasn't going back to Dodgihad until i saw our team try.  The 2nd half was more like it, but the first half?  Seriously??

I'm in exactly same mindset, I found more reasons not to go than go.

• Like 1

I'm sure it discourages casual fans, and I feel like that's reflected in the crowd. (In that I don't think I see as many casual City fans as there were at previous games.)

Edited by Kinnibari

I got this email earlier, haven't set up the emails from ehre to go to my new phone yet so I missed it, but I wouldn't have done it anyway.

Hi there,

Tom Nightingale here from the ABC's current affairs team. 

We're doing something on flares today - the FFA wants the Vic and NSW governments to ban supplying it to people under 18. 

We want the perspective of fans in the story. Would someone who runs this site be available for an interview over the phone about what fans make of all this?

Any interview would need to happen by about 4PM. It would take about 5 minutes over the phone. 

If someone's keen to have a chat please contact me via the email address listed.

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 1

I got this email earlier, haven't set up the emails from ehre to go to my new phone yet so I missed it, but I wouldn't have done it anyway.

Hi there,

Tom Nightingale here from the ABC's current affairs team. 

We're doing something on flares today - the FFA wants the Vic and NSW governments to ban supplying it to people under 18. 

We want the perspective of fans in the story. Would someone who runs this site be available for an interview over the phone about what fans make of all this?

Any interview would need to happen by about 4PM. It would take about 5 minutes over the phone. 

If someone's keen to have a chat please contact me via the email address listed.

Thanks,

Tom

Maybe inner city elite can give there persepective too on hool culture?