Melbourne Football

Marquee player

citypool

5 hours ago, citypool said:

I don’t know anything but with how channel ten/paramount/cbs who ever are looking to pump into football I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they push for a marquee player. 

maybe not a de piero or a villa but a Honda or heskey 

For every team or just for the richer clubs?

7 hours ago, citypool said:

I don’t know anything but with how channel ten/paramount/cbs who ever are looking to pump into football I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they push for a marquee player. 

maybe not a de piero or a villa but a Honda or heskey 

Are you thinking along the lines of the "designated player" in MLS? Are you looking at one player per club or one player for the whole league? Who's going to pay for all this?

IMO you've got to consider the financial circumstances of the clubs before you can think about this. Despite the assets of City Football Group we run to a strict budget, and in the past have experimented with a couple of high-profile players and not seen any real sustained benefits. Throwing one top-class player into a mediocre group doesn't necessarily work.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Are you thinking along the lines of the "designated player" in MLS? Are you looking at one player per club or one player for the whole league? Who's going to pay for all this?

IMO you've got to consider the financial circumstances of the clubs before you can think about this. Despite the assets of City Football Group we run to a strict budget, and in the past have experimented with a couple of high-profile players and not seen any real sustained benefits. Throwing one top-class player into a mediocre group doesn't necessarily work.

I’m just thinking the a league needs a high profile player to kick start interest on channel ten.

our crowds have gone down so maybe it could benefit us someone like Juan mata would be great 

28 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I’m so confused about this thread.

Sorry didn’t explain myself well