Melbourne Football

City v. Jets, moved to 10 Jun, Kogarah Oval, Sydney, 7.05 p.m.

mattyh001

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

According to commentators he did something the body isn't designed to do. Like a volley at half a metre off the ground. Dickhead. 

Clearly Nabbout isn’t designed to do it as this is the second time an air swing injured him!

Edited by Mr MO

30 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I agreed with starting the best available team, now I’m regretting it.

It is a tough one, really needed Nabbout and Atkinson with some minutes under the belt prior to finals. I would have thought they would have both started on the bench.  

On a side note, Newcastle start perking up a bit and all of a sudden Florin goes largely missing.

Just now, malloy said:

It is a tough one, really needed Nabbout and Atkinson with some minutes under the belt prior to finals. I would have thought they would have both started on the bench.  

On a side note, Newcastle start perking up a bit and all of a sudden Florin goes largely missing.

We’ve lost all venom going forward with Benny on LW again.

Just now, malloy said:

I can't help but feel we play BG on the wing to give him time to placate him because we have him pencilled in to replace Jamo.

It’s the PK go to sub every game, I don’t know why - play an exciting kid on the wing.

Interesting that Lesiotis is already ahead of Gomulka.

Just now, Mr MO said:

It’s the PK go to sub every game, I don’t know why - play an exciting kid on the wing.

Interesting that Lesiotis is already ahead of Gomulka.

I agree re playing an exciting player on wing, but if we are worried that BG will crack the shits and demand to leave in off season cos fuck all game time, then I can understand, not that I necessarily agree.

4 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

We're looking poor going into the finals. Unlikely to get anything out of it.

Very poor recent games including the game against CCM we’ve had our reasons and excuses - we will keep making them up for the finals too.

2 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Not fussed to be honest, this second half team is missing 5 players who would be on the field for the semi final.

That’s not always how it works for the players, confidence lost and it’s in their heads for finals.

Edited by Mr MO

Coming from lockdown, reckon we can excuse the lads from a lacklustre performance, particularly when we lose key players to injury and testing new players.

The longer the game went on, the harder it would become with Newcastle fighting to avoid the spoon. 

4 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Coming from lockdown, reckon we can excuse the lads from a lacklustre performance, particularly when we lose key players to injury and testing new players.

The longer the game went on, the harder it would become with Newcastle fighting to avoid the spoon. 

They had exemption for the lockdown and just trained as usual?! Perhaps I’m wrong.

Edited by Mr MO

I think it's pretty clear we are going to need to do it with our starting 11,were going to get very little out of our subs, apart from maybe Cola or Atkinson. 

The 11 is still strong enough, hopefully with Griff and Nabbout fit. But the bench is a real concern