Melbourne Football

Redcliffe Roar vs City. Redcliffe. Tuesday 25/05/21 7:05pm

Shahanga

Seems a bit nuts but we’ve got a short turn around before this one.

Everyone is saying Maclaren is unavailable, so I guess it’s true. Noone coped one hell of a whack, I guess he’s a 50/50 chance to play. 
Brisbane will be desperate to win. For us, winning without Jamie will be the test.

16 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Seems a bit nuts but we’ve got a short turn around before this one.

Everyone is saying Maclaren is unavailable, so I guess it’s true. Noone coped one hell of a whack, I guess he’s a 50/50 chance to play. 
Brisbane will be desperate to win. For us, winning without Jamie will be the test.

Maclaren is unavailable for Newcastle game as it’s his wedding not Brisbane 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Squad is out for this game. Apparently no outs and two ins (Mills and Borges-Rodriguez) but no Griff, so I guess he's the invisible out that has been forgotten this week....

Rest him for finals no need to risk anyone. Should be no risk policy 

Edited by CityBoyz

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Big ask tonight. Such a short turn-around, and after the euphoria of finally winning the Premiership. I'll be happy if the boys can bring back a point, as Brisbane are no pushovers.

100%.

If ever you put in few fringe players it's tonight. Ill expect to see minutes for Colakovski Garruccio Tsubaki and Gomulka (in that order) maybe Cola and Gooch to start. Might even see minutes for Stokes.

Can't see us winning. 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Big ask tonight. Such a short turn-around, and after the euphoria of finally winning the Premiership. I'll be happy if the boys can bring back a point, as Brisbane are no pushovers.

100%.
I’m thinking there were a few sore heads at training Sunday, plus on the flip side Brisbane need points.

9 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Forgot this was on tonight, will be a weird one watching not necessarily after a win but to see how we go without key talent when they’re off

Is it bad that the care factor for this game isn’t there now the league is sealed up. Nothing to play for basically compared to Roar who have everything to play for. Premiership hangover after 3 day turnaround Roar to win 

Edited by CityBoyz

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

Is it bad that the care factor for this game isn’t there now the league is sealed up. Nothing to play for basically compared to Roar who have everything to play for. Premiership hangover after 3 day turnaround Roar to win 

If Kisnorbo is true to his words and this club means anything at all then we will be aiming to win this match, Premiers or not, short turn-around or not. 

6 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

think people are being a bit harsh / quick to judge on Georgievski. his passing has been decent and the team is looking defensively shite as a whole

We've found the new forum whipping boy 😎

But in all seriousness what were we expecting with 6 changes out of the team? Just get as much game time as possible into tsubaki as we'll need him during the finals and dw about results.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

think people are being a bit harsh / quick to judge on Georgievski. his passing has been decent and the team is looking defensively shite as a whole

12 minutes ago, Bannon said:

basically two pens but yeah bit harsh?

the second one the bloke went down like a sack of spuds and could have booked.

i'm not saying he has been great either.  more so i'm don't think its great to judge a bloke who's (a) starting his first game in ages, and (b) there are others who haven't been great either.  Galloway has been found well and truly out of position several times

Edit - if anything i'm actually surprised we signed him.  i think the club saw it as a win win.  the guy has a league experience, has been signed as back up and we get to see if he fits prior to finals.  

Edited by mattyh001