Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I think DC had about 80 members but we weren't the only group who could subscribe to the Captains Club. So there are 16 people who have unwisely chosen to resubscribe.

I think the vast majority of fans dont know what Captains Club is or what Dutch Connection is. I take it from your post Captains Club was a membership option, what benefits did it have that you cant get now? And a quick google search suggest Dutch Connection is some Dutch community group in Melbourne? Did they support Melbourne Heart?

I've got no idea what I have just read but I'm outraged nonetheless that something like this could happen.

I think old mate and his mates got some sneaky discount the rest of us missed out on. They have lost it and are looking for sympathy from the people who were unknowingly subsidising them.

Good move from the club I say.

• Like 1

I think old mate and his mates got some sneaky discount the rest of us missed out on. They have lost it and are looking for sympathy from the people who were unknowingly subsidising them.

Good move from the club I say.

A quick search and I found these:

https://www.facebook.com/DutchConnectionAustralia/posts/358231510944710

http://www.meetup.com/Dutchies-in-Melbourne/messages/boards/thread/33948732

Members got this offer again just like last season

To celebrate the launch of the upcoming Hyundai A-League season, Melbourne City FC's Principal Partner Etihad Airways is offering members great airfares on flights from Melbourne to Manchester!

Members can watch sister club Manchester City FC in action in a Barclays Premier League match at Etihad Stadium, Manchester this October or November.

Included with your airfare, Etihad will provide a free general admission ticket to one of the following English Premier League matches:  

• Saturday, 31st October 2015, Manchester City v Norwich City
  • Saturday 21st November 2015, Manchester City v Liverpool
  • Saturday, 28th November 2015, Manchester City v Southampton

Return air travel on Etihad Airways from Melbourne to Manchester is offered from:

1. Economy Class from $1,532*
  2. Business Class from $7,040*

First of all lads sorry if this isn't thread worthy or if I've put it in the wrong place, mods feel free to move, merge or what ever.

I started following Heart back at day one and have followed us ever since, most seasons I'd go down to half a dozen games (give or take a couple) every year. Due to working weekends and the fiances I've just never been able to commit to a membership. However I'm finally in a position where I can commit to a membership and start going down to almost every home game. I'm working out what membership package to go with and really the question is to go with the active support or not, I've never had anything to do with any supporter groups or been in the active support areas so I'd love to know peoples thoughts and opinions on it.

In all honesty I do think I'd enjoy it but I've always been someone who will sit and observes and pick at the games, can that still be done? I also don't know anyone or associate with anyone who is part of a supporter group let alone a member, are these groups easy to slot into? I'd just love to know some people's thoughts, pro's and con's on it all.

Thanks in advance guys! 

First of all, welcome! Regardless where you eventually choose to sit, in my opinion, being a member of this club was the best thing I ever did. I am big football fan and a tragic I might add, but have been following A-League from day one. Was sitting on the fence a bit on who to follow when Heart came into the scene but for some reason I cannot bring myself to follow Heart, as the name alone does not resonate with me ! Fast forward, CFG bought the club, I am still undecided until they reveal the new name and the new badge, I am sold! Well, the Victards has something to do with it as I witness first hand what a knob they are during their home games. So decided to "join" the active area simply because I am on my own and don't know anybody so I thought with a "little" atmosphere, it will add to the experience and make the trip to AAMI Park worthwhile, as I didn't intend to go to all the home games. Boy I was wrong! I end up going to every single one bar one simply because the atmosphere was incredible! The active supporters are really fantastic and our fans in general are awesome! The active supporters even managed to get the general fans to stand up and join our chants! So now I am just like a kid who is addicted to sugar to put it mildly. Can't wait for the next season to start!

Edited by raw10
  • Like 2

6879 this morning, looking like we'll pass 7k before Round 1.

The Cup win has definitely kicked things along a bit, and IMO we might make 7,500 before our first home game. We're still trailing Newcastle (with their cheap memberships) and Adelaide are close behind us. Still a lot of work to do but overall it does look as though we have retained quite a few who jumped on board last season.

Me too. Didn't even check if my design of fan favourite Maycon was approved, i'm guess it has been if some of the other ones i've seen around here have been.

Another Australia Post email came through, my card will be delivered today.... Can't wait to get home!

"Your shipment from SportSubs A-League Memberships is
due for delivery today
This delivery consists of 1 parcel(s). Once your delivery has taken place, you may receive another email notification."

There sending in batches. You'll receive the email first to say it's on the way. If you haven't heard anything by mid October call the club

If i have'nt heard anything by Mid October i will be very upset as i will not be getting into games by the time things are fixed. After all i paid for two season tickets way back in June

i think they have had enough time to get them out by now!

Did anyone have their images rejected? For the record, my father and l haven't received no email and no memberships.

Have you checked your account lately? Cos this is where they will update the status of your card. If it says "Image Pending" or words to that effect than perhaps give them a call ...

So New York's season ended today effectively, they cant make the finals. I'm going to grab my tin foil hat now as the timing could not have been better. 

Their ten game winless streak at the start of the season have hurt them.. But they stll got two games to play though