Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I won't get into they things that have gone on at this club and if other clubs have had to put up with similar. I'm just saying it would have been smarter to make the announcement with the alternative arrangements at the same time.

Then, no doubt there would have been strident criticism that members should have been given some warning.

• Like 1

IMO what's happening here is Premium C will be the GA membership just with a reserved seat.

It will eliminate members having to buy a ticket for the home derbies Im guessing.

Id guess there wont actually be a GA membership, just GA tickets on the gate.

But that means members cant come with friends and sit at the Yarra end for any other games.

Potentially. Can't have it both ways I guess.

I'd doubt we'd sell out Premium C so there'll likely be Premium C tickets available on the gate, then its prob just a matter of moving to where there's room.

Anyway, everyone should wait and see before they get all outraged about it...

Well considering how much people have been fucked around by this club in the past, it probably would have been smarter to let us know what the changes are rather than say "there will be changes, we will let you know what they are soon". We usually assume the worst for a good reason.

Don't know that I subscribe to the statement of being 'fucked around by this club' in particular, just about every club has to go through these things.

The changes they make will suit some, inconvenience others. The old damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fact of life.

I'd suggest there is probably good reason we are being informed of this now rather than after the memberships are launched.

There would definitely be a reason for the changes they're making. However the only way you can think that they have a 'good' reason behind it is if they've had a history of making good decisions which this club hasn't. The only people that have a good reason for doing anything are the members concerned with decisions the club makes, like this one.

I'm gonna be at my cynical best and assume they think people will pay more money because they'll want to be near Active.

Some times when we fight the police its more interesting that the rubbish on the field. 

I blacked out quite a few times during the season, and it wasn't due to fighting the cops.

I'm gonna be at my cynical best and assume they think people will pay more money because they'll want to be near Active.

Some times when we fight the police its more interesting that the rubbish on the field. 

I blacked out quite a few times during the season, and it wasn't due to fighting the cops.

When they pepper sprayed us is probably the loudest I heard the terrace all season

When they pepper sprayed us is probably the loudest I heard the terrace all season

Screaming in pain doesn't really add to the atmosphere though does it?

I won't get into they things that have gone on at this club and if other clubs have had to put up with similar. I'm just saying it would have been smarter to make the announcement with the alternative arrangements at the same time.

Then, no doubt there would have been strident criticism that members should have been given some warning.

That would be warning.

-Your memberships are coming up for renewal.

-There are changes.

-The changes are X, Y and Z

- Would you like to renew?

Its not very hard

*I'm sure there is a reason for it. Possibly even a good one. Maybe it even benefits me. I just dont appreciate unclear messages like this

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

On payment plan. Will roll over on 18/06/15. Someone from the club will be in touch over the next week to discuss. New category "C" might be considered as an option once the prices/conditions are released.

I guess you wouldn't want to give people too much time to think about what they are doing.

On payment plan. Will roll over on 18/06/15. Someone from the club will be in touch over the next week to discuss. New category "C" might be considered as an option once the prices/conditions are released.

I guess you wouldn't want to give people too much time to think about what they are doing.

Yes. This is why I'm not happy. It comes across as very underhanded

I still don't know what all the fuss is about?

For me the fuss is that I live in a household were every dollar counts and I am finding it harder and harder to justify buying a membership each year. I would really appreciate it if they were open about the changes so I can make a decision rather the be put on the spot at the eleventh hour.

For me the fuss is that I live in a household were every dollar counts and I am finding it harder and harder to justify buying a membership each year. I would really appreciate it if they were open about the changes so I can make a decision rather the be put on the spot at the eleventh hour.

I understand where you're coming from, it's an issue for every household these days.

You're right, the lack of communication is a bitch. 

But i'm sure they could work something out if they took the DD payment and you weren't happy with your seats or you didn't want to renew

I understand where you're coming from, it's an issue for every household these days.

You're right, the lack of communication is a bitch. 

But i'm sure they could work something out if they took the DD payment and you weren't happy with your seats or you didn't want to renew

Well this is the problem. I dont know. If I have to pay more or be forced to sit up the Olympic end I wont renew. If I knew what was happening I could make the decision. But instead I have to wait for a phone call and try to sort it out then. Most likely at a time thats inconvenient to me. 

• Like 1

@MelbourneCity: Cat C seats are reserved seating for members. Cat C seats are also on sale during match day at the same price as GA.

@MelbourneCity: No, your Premium A seats will remain the same as the 2014/15 season

So I assume the Cat C membership has been invented solely to make derby ticketing easier.

• Like 2

Guys, this is quite simple when you look at last seasons membership packages; we had one of the most expensive 'cheapest' reserved seating membership pack of all clubs last season. Premium B was the cheapest, coming in at around $450!

Now that Cat C is being introduced, our cheapest 'reserved' seat will be around $225!  ;)

@MelbourneCity: Cat C seats are reserved seating for members. Cat C seats are also on sale during match day at the same price as GA.

@MelbourneCity: No, your Premium A seats will remain the same as the 2014/15 season

So I assume the Cat C membership has been invented solely to make derby ticketing easier.

but that can't be right, otherwise we'd have nothing to be angry at the club about!

• Like 1

So I assume the Cat C membership has been invented solely to make derby ticketing easier. That.

And the marketing aspect that comes with 'cheapest reserved seat' in the game

Looks that way which is great if thats the case. So I would assume that means GA memberships will be an even cheaper option than Cat-C.

Fucking hell. Why not just say that? 

• Like 1

Looks that way which is great if thats the case. So I would assume that means GA memberships will be an even cheaper option than Cat-C.

Fucking hell. Why not just say that?

Probably. But won't include derbies.

but that can't be right, otherwise we'd have nothing to be angry at the club about!

One of the most common complaints about this club is their terrible communication. This is why people get angry. 

How about this...

Dear Mr 47

Next season we are introducing Category C memberships. As an existing GA member you will automatically be upgraded at no extra cost to the new category C membership should you wish to renew. The benefits will include a reserved seat which will save you the trouble of booking one for the derby (and what ever else- if anything). Should you wish to review your membership category you will be able to as of this date.

Sincerely

Some Bloke

Its really not that difficult. 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

I buy an active membership for me and a GA membership for my wife. So I sit with her for the odd game she attends near the terrace. Probably won't be buying her a GA membership next year as we don't like the north end of the stadium.

There must be a logical reason for the switch but I can't see it.

I buy an active membership for me and a GA membership for my wife. So I sit with her for the odd game she attends near the terrace. Probably won't be buying her a GA membership next year as we don't like the north end of the stadium.

Possibly to ensure the south end is city only at derby's

Possibly to ensure the south end is city only at derby's

And probably to try and get as near to capacity as possible at home derbies. We average only 25,845, when capacity is 30,050.

Nevertheless, I would agree with the view that it could have been handled somewhat better. Leads me to ask whether anyone knows if David Lyon has been replaced as "Fan Engagement Officer or whatever his title was?

Edited by jw1739