Melbourne Football

City v. Wellington, Sunday 16th May, 4.05 pm AAMI Park

jw1739

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

Going to be a very scrappy game.

2-1 win

why?? we are in form and if we keep the ball create and continue to chances we will score. I think they will lose their structure with our rotations and pressing and we will win 3 or 4. they will probably dive for a pen so... 4 - 1. 

lock it in. 

BTW when we win this our main threat points wise is CCM and Brisbane. so we need ADL to beat brisbane today as the max points Bris can achieve is 49 if they win. ADl have max of 47 so our win today will put us on 47 but they would need to win every game 5 - 0 to actually go top. 

Sydney similarly need to win every game 6 - 0 to go top

CCM can get 48 points so we need to beat them in our next match and they are done. 

Mac need to win all games at 7 -0 to go top. 

we are so very close but we need today big time. 

thanks to the Tards for our extra massive goal difference. 

IMO premiers plate is a reflection of the competition with all teams at full strength. Finals is a lottery depending on the Socceroos call ups. 

PS FIRE UP

Edited by citymad
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, citymad said:

why?? we are in form and if we keep the ball create and continue to chances we will score. I think they will lose their structure with our rotations and pressing and we will win 3 or 4. they will probably dive for a pen so... 4 - 1. 

lock it in. 

BTW when we win this our main threat points wise is CCM and Brisbane. so we need ADL to beat brisbane today as the max points Bris can achieve is 49 if they win. ADl have max of 47 so our win today will put us on 47 but they would need to win every game 5 - 0 to actually go top. 

Sydney similarly need to win every game 6 - 0 to go top

CCM can get 48 points so we need to beat them in our next match and they are done. 

Mac need to win all games at 7 -0 to go top. 

we are so very close but we need today big time. 

thanks to the Tards for our extra massive goal difference. 

IMO premiers plate is a reflection of the competition with all teams at full strength. Finals is a lottery depending on the Socceroos call ups. 

PS FIRE UP

I had a suspicion that their would be wholesale changes to the side and after seeing the team list, I have been vindicated.

Hard to keep consistent when they have rotated what 5-6 blokes to the bench?

I still fully expect to win today, however, it's going to be a bit scrappy with so many changes to the team.

13 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Interested to see how Cola goes playing as a #9 

Cola is RW, Tsubaki is upfront. We are going full Manchester style, not playing with a pure central striker.

Interesting that Metcalf has the armband and not Good - perhaps Arnie has already called up the club.

25 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Cola is RW, Tsubaki is upfront. We are going full Manchester style, not playing with a pure central striker.

Interesting that Metcalf has the armband and not Good - perhaps Arnie has already called up the club.

Club knows whose getting picked PK eluded to it in his post match presser 

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Boys not gelling at all. 
Tsubaki either lost or being told to play some weird false 9 role. Probably a bit of both. If we want to win we’d make 2 or 3 changes at halftime.

Too many kids, need to bring on 2 or 3 seniors asap.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Boys not gelling at all. 
Tsubaki either lost or being told to play some weird false 9 role. Probably a bit of both. If we want to win we’d make 2 or 3 changes at halftime.

This was always the risk, now you are chasing the game. We have a week off right? 

The opinions will be divided on not starting your best eleven every game until you win the league.

I find the management of Maclaren (our only CF) a little concerning, he played pretty much every game so far (minus 10 last minutes on Thursday) even when not needed being several goals up. We have no CF back up.

Hope the boys can turn it around to be able to win the league at home next week.

Edited by Mr MO

14 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

This was always the risk, now you are chasing the game. We have a week off right? 

The opinions will be divided on not starting your best eleven every game until you win the league.

I find the management of Maclaren (our only CF) a little concerning, he played pretty much every game so far (minus 10 last minutes on Thursday) even when not needed being several goals up. We have no CF back up.

Hope the boys can turn it around to be able to win the league at home next week.

I obviously eat my words if Jmac wins it for us!

6 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Going to be a very scrappy game.

2-1 win

almost - O'Neil almost lost it for us, and Metcalfe almost won it back. I know its 2-2 but feels like a loss to me.

Tsubaki should not play again until we have the plate firmly wrapped up. 

man we have some work to do if we are gonna be competitive in the finals series. 

• Like 3