Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs. Adelaide United: Thursday, May 13 - 7:00pm @ AAMI Park

Deluka

17 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

City official indicated that an adductor injury was suspected for Nabbout. Quick google search is 3-6 weeks if it’s not torn.

When he was going down the tunnel he was in serious pain. Any movement he made he was wincing cos of it.

1 hour ago, citypool said:

Bloke behind me said nabbout was faking it because he stuffed up the pass next minute his coming off injured 

This comment reminded me of a game against CCM some years back. Storm Roux broke his leg at our home end, people in front of us stood up and started yelling “get up you p*ssy”.

Edited by Mr MO

28 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Honestly reckon archie is better. Archie has a point he just isnt capable of using words to make it. Harper has the words but no fucking clue what he's on about

I hoping that some of the Fox crew will remain put when we switch broadcasters. Perhaps an opportunity for Simon Hill to return.

41 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Honestly reckon archie is better. Archie has a point he just isnt capable of using words to make it. Harper has the words but no fucking clue what he's on about

Still not a fan of Archie,  but to his credit he has improved a fair bit imo.

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Archie still falls into the trap of saying we when he means the visitors. But he's also been quite complimentery to City and understands good play when he sees it, just minces his words often. 

Goodwin butchered a few golden chances which if he'd taken would have made the game closer. Can't see why him and Juric are being considered for the Roos.

Good game overall but not at our best but that's probably the pleasing part to win 4-1 when not playing at our best.

46 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Good game overall but not at our best but that's probably the pleasing part to win 4-1 when not playing at our best.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Good game to watch. Pleased we went, despite the ride home. (Can you believe that the train replacement bus driver lost his way between South Yarra and Prahran stations...?)

Good to see that Adelaide played the high press and didn't give us time and room to play our normal game. Good and Griffiths in particular seemed to be forced into errors. I'm starting to worry a bit about Glover - seems that he has a standard brain fade every match now, and that could have cost us last night. Also looking at Delianov - several of his saves were top-drawer - maybe we got it wrong in the GK position? Jamo and Galloway are a pleasure to watch, developing with every match. No problems with the midfield, except with Berenguer - IMO it's all been said about him and I can't add to it, but the fact is he is not up to it. Up front I find Noone OK - one selfish wasted shot at goal perhaps. I still think JMac is a little below par - a little slow off the mark and lost a little bit of pace - is he carrying an injury niggle?. Nabbout - I wish him a full recovery as we all do, but his final ball is atrocious and I don't think we will miss him all that much on the field. PK got his subs right, and with first Tilio and then Cola Adelaide eventually had to crumble. I'd like to also mention Reis - I like the way he's always looking for that long ball to Cola, and the two of them are developing a relationship there. Tilio on the left - what more can anyone wish for but to see him at full steam? JMac's second was a peach of a goal.

Crowd disappointing, but Thursday evening on a cold, damp Melbourne autumn day...?

Onwards and upwards.

Didn't play our best against a team that pushed us and still won 4 nil.  Offered to buy Jammo a beer after their game, if we win the plate ... he said he'll buy me one!

R Griffiths got us back in control once he went into midfield.  

Really enjoyed giving Mauk a bake from the sidelines.  Others around me also got into the spirit of calling him out for the turd he is

Fuck Harper and Archie ... Foxtel really wants to punish our collective sanity by having these two Victory flogs in commentary at our games

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Didn't play our best against a team that pushed us and still won 4 nil.  Offered to buy Jammo a beer after their game, if we win the plate ... he said he'll buy me one!

R Griffiths got us back in control once he went into midfield.  

Really enjoyed giving Mauk a bake from the sidelines.  Others around me also got into the spirit of calling him out for the turd he is

Fuck Harper and Archie ... Foxtel really wants to punish our collective sanity by having these two Victory flogs in commentary at our games

Yes not enough love for the change Griffiths made in midfield. Maybe pissants were tiring, but he seemed to take the heat straight out of their press. A combination of better positioning and his physical strength.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, haz said:

Still not a fan of Archie,  but to his credit he has improved a fair bit imo.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Archie will evolve into a good commentator. He has improved drastically and as pointed out, his major issue is articulating his thoughts/point. As he gets more experience and becomes more relaxed (he comes across as nervous a bit) he won't stumble on his words as much.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, malloy said:

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Archie will evolve into a good commentator. He has improved drastically and as pointed out, his major issue is articulating his thoughts/point. As he gets more experience and becomes more relaxed (he comes across as nervous a bit) he won't stumble on his words as much.

You can see it when he describes an attacking play. He's actually very good when he's talking about a strikers positioning and breaking down goals or chances. Still shit but getting less shit

• Like 2

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

You can see it when he describes an attacking play. He's actually very good when he's talking about a strikers positioning and breaking down goals or chances. Still shit but getting less shit

Yep. I think he’s got a good football brain. Sees things clearly. Apply it to non football things and he struggles.