Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs. Adelaide United: Thursday, May 13 - 7:00pm @ AAMI Park

Deluka

4 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Does the ticket say level 2 ?

On Ticketek it says level 3, aisle 84 and when I download the mobile ticket it says level 3, but aisle 23 (which is on the ground floor) - I'd be crazy not to give it a crack, will flash the online version when I'm approached.

5 minutes ago, Deluka said:

On Ticketek it says level 3, aisle 84 and when I download the mobile ticket it says level 3, but aisle 23 (which is on the ground floor) - I'd be crazy not to give it a crack, will flash the online version when I'm approached.

@Deluka  If it were me I would be checking with Ryan of Membership tomorrow. You wouldn't want to arrive and find that the ticket doesn't work at all.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Deluka  If it were me I would be checking with Ryan of Membership tomorrow. You wouldn't want to arrive and find that the ticket doesn't work at all.

I’ll be heading straight from the office so plenty of time to sort out at the ticket office if there are any dramas! 

40 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

5 0 win incoming, tipping Budders and Vidosic to both get a brace. Fat ross to sneak one in there too

I remember watching that game on my phone in Germany while sitting in the food court of a hunting and fishing expo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Quite frankly this is a match we need to win and must absolutely not lose. 

TBh not sure i really agree with that, but no doubt if we win it even the most pessimistic of supporters will feel the race is done and can sleep easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

TBh not sure i really agree with that, but no doubt if we win it even the most pessimistic of supporters will feel the race is done and can sleep easy.

A win tonight means that all other teams (with the exception of Brisbane) are incapable of getting more than 47 points. Brisbane can currently get a maximum of 49, whilst we would be on 44 points with a hugely superior goal difference to all other teams. Essentially that means we can "in substance" win the league on Sunday if we win against Wellington and Brisbane draw or lose to Adelaide (KO is after our game).

Essentially a win tonight makes our run home that much easier and less stressful (4 points from 5 games would be required if Brisbane were to win all of their remaining games).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tonight's game to me is similar to my giving up smoking. 

Everyday not having a smoke your closer to giving up and every day is built on the day before. 

So a win or even a draw makes it harder not to win the League. 

Maybe a bit deep for Thursday arvo, but the clouds have closed in.

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nate said:

Hopefully we're in for a good crowd tonight. We're in the form of our lives and it's a Thursday night where there's no competing AFL games.

Just as I say that though, it's started to rain lol. 

It feels like we're having a season of opposites. We are performing well and closing in our potentially our first Premiers plate but our crowds have gone the opposite way to our on field results... Strange season indeed 

1 hour ago, Nate said:

Hopefully we're in for a good crowd tonight. We're in the form of our lives and it's a Thursday night where there's no competing AFL games.

Just as I say that though, it's started to rain lol. 

Weather's awful at the moment, but the radar indicates that it ought to clear by match time. With two rail lines closed and bus replacements by the time the match ends (Sandy and Frankston) I doubt that we'll have a bumper crowd, but who cares? What counts tonight is the result.

Don't worry so much about the crowd - a wet Thurs night is only ever going to get us our standard ~5,000 regardless of how we're going. Still a hell of a lot better than a certain team based just West of us and even out supposed 'big brothers' the scum are getting lower crowds than us this year. All I care about tonight is securing a win. Win the premiers plate this year and the crowds will follow into finals and into next year and beyond.

Edited by icantthinkofacoolname

Hope we pump this mob. Ever since they embarrassed us in the Cup I’ve wanted to get them back. It seems like our contests are close. Over the past couple of years I reckon it’s been pretty even. Smashing them tonight and maybe again in the Finals Series would be nice. 

1 minute ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Don't worry so much about the crowd

Bigger crowds usually means better atmosphere, our players like to play in front of as many fans as possible - this motivates them. I guess this is why crowds are important to people.