Melbourne Football

City v. Brisbane, Sunday 9th May 2021, 4.05 p.m. AAMI Park

jw1739

Suspect Nabbout will start, otherwise likely unchanged. Brisbane are on a bit of a roll, but we should be able to account for them.

Hoping for a nice afternoon and despite the obligations people will have for Mothers' Day that there will be a good crowd in.

52 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I wouldn't be surprised that this could be a big challenge for us. Brisbane have been playing some good football and are no push overs. Although they're sixth they're only 3 points away from second spot. 

Agreed.

If they were to win their catch up games, they’d be 2nd. Or to put it another way, they have the second highest possible points score.

This game and the following one against Adelaide are the really big ones. For this one, we get the win and Brisbane’s chances of winning the Plate plummet.

It’s a big game.

• Like 1

This is one of the most important games we'll play all season, followed by Adelaide on Thursday night. Wins at home are what's required but given the stakes, I'd almost be happy with a draw in each as it means two of our biggest rivals for the Plate are starved of points while our run home is pretty good. Lose either however, and I feel like things are going to get dicey. 

Quite literally season-defining but I think we'll do it. This team knows how to win.

5 minutes ago, Nate said:

This is one of the most important games we'll play all season, followed by Adelaide on Thursday night. Wins at home are what's required but given the stakes, I'd almost be happy with a draw in each as it means two of our biggest rivals for the Plate are starved of points while our run home is pretty good. Lose either however, and I feel like things are going to get dicey. 

Quite literally season-defining but I think we'll do it. This team knows how to win.

Win both and we're all but home and hosed. 

• Like 2

1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Nuno REIS, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Aiden O’NEILL, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 11.Craig NOONE, 14.Naoki TSUBAKI, 15.Andrew NABBOUT, 16.Taras GOMULKA, 17.Stefan COLAKOVSKI, 18.Connor METCALFE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Marco TILIO, 33.Matthew SUTTON (gk).

**2 to be omitted**

In: 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI (promoted), 15.Andrew NABBOUT (returns from injury).

Out: Nil.

Unavailable: 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (hamstring).

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 12:25 PM, n i k o said:

I wouldn't be surprised that this could be a big challenge for us. Brisbane have been playing some good football and are no push overs. Although they're sixth they're only 3 points away from second spot. 

We still have to play Brisbane again, which means they are the only other team who can win the league without having to rely on 'other' results.

A win for us today imo all but seals the premiership for us. This is a huge game for us, both from a history and season perspective.

10 minutes ago, Hanz said:

Hopefully they can figure out a way to draw some crowds next season. No excuses, should have more marketing, new geographic base, winning side, what else do we need? Besides of course the red and white 😉

Unfortunately, winning for multiple seasons or more, winning with bigger name players perhaps. The new geographic region is going to take time, seniors haven’t even moved yet. We never seem to attract big crowds on Sunday.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Unfortunately, winning for multiple seasons or more, winning with bigger name players perhaps. The new geographic region is going to take time, seniors haven’t even moved yet. We never seem to attract big crowds on Sunday.

Yeah I feel that we will actually need a big name marquee to get things moving again then hopefully sustain the crowds/interest with winning

• Like 1

Completely and utterly dominated them and yet it's 2-2. Go figure.

Glover needs to find his testicles and begin to command his box. He will never come off his line and even when he does he is more running in hope then with confidence.

I still have full confidence that we'll win, but just to be sure, I'd sub Griffiths and nabbout on.

• Like 1