Melbourne Football

The Mathew Leckie hype thread

kingofhearts

36 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

FFS!! Another 6 week injury!? Is he going to last this season??

With the congested fixture we have it looks to me as though even if he does he won't be making that many appearances.

Nabbout and Jakolis look like being our starting wingers and I don't know who is going to step in should one of those not be available. Is there anyone who can step up from the NPL squad?

IMO three ageing forwards was never the way to go.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

With the congested fixture we have it looks to me as though even if he does he won't be making that many appearances.

Nabbout and Jakolis look like being our starting wingers and I don't know who is going to step in should one of those not be available. Is there anyone who can step up from the NPL squad?

IMO three ageing forwards was never the way to go.

We may get caught out with our depth this season as it's going to be our hardest to date with ACL commitments. Feel our bench is not quite as strong as we had last season...no idea if we have anyone to bring up from NPL squad. But we did get Lopane from WSW and Sulemani promoted to the senior squad?

18 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

We may get caught out with our depth this season as it's going to be our hardest to date with ACL commitments. Feel our bench is not quite as strong as we had last season...no idea if we have anyone to bring up from NPL squad. But we did get Lopane from WSW and Sulemani promoted to the senior squad?

Correct, but these guys are labelled as "midfielders." We let our promising young LW player Moonib Adus go to Newcastle...

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Correct, but these guys are labelled as "midfielders." We let our promising young LW player Moonib Adus go to Newcastle...

They might be 'labelled' as midfielders, but I'm pretty sure both can play as forwards. I believe Sulemani was ripping it up as one of the forwards before his acl injury. 

2 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

They might be 'labelled' as midfielders, but I'm pretty sure both can play as forwards. I believe Sulemani was ripping it up as one of the forwards before his acl injury. 

As long as they can cross the ball accurately than I don't care what label they carry!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1