kingofhearts

2 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Yeah well I've said its happening

Who are you going to trust?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Val Migliaccio reporting it's a done deal for next season.

Very unusual for City rumours to get out, will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Next season makes a lot more sense, because Nabbout is on a one-year contract only. I couldn't see the point for this season, even if there was money available within our budget and the cap. Anywhere that Maclaren goes so likely does Leckie, and Cola is more than adequate to play in place of Nabbout if the latter is missing.

Edited by jw1739

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Next season makes a lot more sense, because Nabbout is on a one-year contract only. I couldn't see the point for this season, even if there was money available within our budget and the cap. Anywhere that Maclaren goes so likely does Leckie, and Cola is more than adequate to play in place of Nabbout if the latter is missing.

Could just as likely be Noone leaving, who is also off contact at the end of the season.

Haters will say its oil money oil or salary cap fraud, but the fact remains, a lot of our squad are made up with young players who wouldn't be commanding high wages, this leaves us plenty of room to go hard where it counts. As well as that, in the autumn of their careers, I couldn't see Rostyn Griffiths or Jamo making obscene money.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

I can only think that florin would be out the door so Leckie can take the international marquee spot whilst jmac takes the Aussie marquee spot?…

is jmac already an Aussie marque for the club? I’m out of the loop with the contract signings

Jmac is a marquee 

4 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

I can only think that florin would be out the door so Leckie can take the international marquee spot whilst jmac takes the Aussie marquee spot?…

is jmac already an Aussie marque for the club? I’m out of the loop with the contract signings

I don’t think we a difference between marquee nationalities anymore, just if the marquee is foreign it counts towards the 5 visa players cap.

Yes, Jamie signed a multimillion marquee deal.

more than anything, I'm hoping this makes it easier to keep Maclaren long term.  They will get to train together every day, play together every week - as they are locked in for Socceroos when fit then that connection is gonna be massive.

Could also help to keep Nabbout, but we can only have two marquees (and all three are worthy of that money)

33 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I don’t think we a difference between marquee nationalities anymore, just if the marquee is foreign it counts towards the 5 visa players cap.

Yes, Jamie signed a multimillion marquee deal.

Correct. You can have two players who are paid outside the cap (who are not outside the cap elsewhere). It does not matter where they are from. But a visa marquee is one of the five allowed visa players.

I would think that at least one of Noone, Maclaren and Nabbout will not be with us next season. As @malloy writes elsewhere, maybe it's JMac - there's been talk of him having one last crack overseas somewhere.

Jamie and Leckie, that's even better than Bobo and Le Fondre. He's made an interesting choice at his age.  A 'part time' league, two months of not having training, no international exposure.  Hopefully there is no 5 guests appearances clause.  Impact on the attendance is hard to predict in this times.