Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Who do they have coming out of contract?

Keogh has already re-signed for a further season. If Fornaroli joins them presumably he'll be a marquee, so the cap won't come into play but both marquee places will have been taken (Castro and Fornaroli). 

They may find it difficult to keep everyone happy.

I tend to agree.

And before we get the cap is going soon line, I can't see it happening soon. The expansion clubs are going to want to want to keep it, at a minimum for a couple seasons at least. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I tend to agree.

And before we get the cap is going soon line, I can't see it happening soon. The expansion clubs are going to want to want to keep it, at a minimum for a couple seasons at least. 

I agree. I don't think it will be removed until the League is independent and has reached its intended size of somewhere between 12 and 16 clubs, and a decision made as to whether clubs located outside Australia should continue to participate. I think the League will need to have been "stable" for 3-4 years before the cap is removed completely. There are so many changes required if and as the league expands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I’m basically the opposite. I don’t want the club to get away with this. So I hope he breaks the goals record next season. Just so the higher ups in CFG have their noses rubbed into it

You're assuming that they care. You're assuming that the line managers above Joyce at Bundoora care. They clearly don't, otherwise they would have fixed it within a few days of the spat starting.

57 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Yea this one is pretty irredeemable. Fuck me if they renew Joyce too I might pack it in

Extending Joyce's contract would probably be the final straw for quite a few. Again, if you think CFG cares what fans think then you've got another think coming.

I'm as frustrated as everyone else is over this and I understand all the reactions - but in reality WTF can anyone do? We know full well that the club and CFG will take no fucking notice of anything anyone says about Joyce, and it's too late to get Bruno back now. We also know that all forms of protest at AAMI Park are either banned or will be quickly shut down by security - and we have already seen how the club stepped in to censor what was broadcast during at least two matches.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm as frustrated as everyone else is over this and I understand all the reactions - but in reality WTF can anyone do? We know full well that the club and CFG will take no fucking notice of anything anyone says about Joyce, and it's too late to get Bruno back now. We also know that all forms of protest at AAMI Park are either banned or will be quickly shut down by security - and we have already seen how the club stepped in to censor what was broadcast during at least two matches.

Truth. Next thing is we literally stop turning up which has been on the cards for a while. Even then I doubt it would make any difference.

On 22/03/2019 at 3:55 PM, jw1739 said:

but in reality WTF can anyone do?

Don't renew our membership and don't attend matches.

Everyone that I introduced to the club doesn't want to attend anymore, so I suppose the club has made the decision for me.

Off-season is going to be critical and I just hope something big is done to change our minds.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Don't renew our membership and don't attend matches.

Everyone that I introduced to the club doesn't want to attend anymore, so I suppose the club has made the decision for me.

Off-season is going to be critical and I just hope something big is done to change our minds.

IMO if the current administration was going to take any notice of "memberships" and attendances, then they would have taken action to arrest the decline already. If they were concerned about the number of departures of senior players from the club because of fall-outs with Joyce then they would have taken action over Joyce months ago.

At this stage I'm hopeful that perhaps the change in CEO will show a different approach by City into the future. Perhaps the detailed injury report and the information about the forthcoming departure of Dylan Pierias are signs of change and a preparedness to engage with supporters  - I hope so.

14 hours ago, Shahanga said:

This sucks on so many levels.

I  think that for many people this will not really sink in until next season. To think that none of our fab trio - Bruno, Mooy and Harry N - play for the club any more - how we've sunk into mediocrity.

One day I hope we know the truth behind the Joyce-Fornaroli affair. That might go a little way to heal the wound. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I  think that for many people this will not really sink in until next season. To think that none of our fab trio - Bruno, Mooy and Harry N - play for the club any more - how we've sunk into mediocrity.

One day I hope we know the truth behind the Joyce-Fornaroli affair. That might go a little way to heal the wound. 

Unless the truth is Forna fucked us... then the wound only grows.

34 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Unless the truth is Forna fucked us... then the wound only grows.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Fornaroli probably tried to force his way out to Sydney FC in the off season and may have looked for a way to get himself out of the club mid season. 

But regardless, will be gutting to see him in an outfit that isn't ours. 

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Fornaroli probably tried to force his way out to Sydney FC in the off season

Yes but the question is why? A player that has a good relationship with his team mates, coach and club generally and is being looked after pay wise is most likely to stay with the club. If any one or more of those factors is not right, then yes they'll probably try and angle for a move out.

From what I've read Bruno was liked by the playing group, Bratts and Jamo saying as much. Jamo came out saying that he hoped Bruno and Wazza could sit down and resolve things. 

So far we've seen this issue as one of Wazza vs Bruno but that might be too simplistic. Wazza may be carrying the can for the club as a whole and portraying it as a fitness/ attitude thing. So it would be then portrayed as  Bruno not doing the right thing and letting the club down. But it may also be that Bruno was getting signals from Munn and Marwood that they were going to play hard ball with his marquee status - i.e. drop his wages. Remember his contract expires at the end of this season and he probably tried to start a conversation with the club about a new contract at the beginning of the season. He may have also had an offer from Sydney and he put that on the table to Munn and Marwood as a prompt to move discussions along. To which they responded in a negative way, from Bruno's perspective, which then careered out of  control and lead to Wazza reading the riot act to Bruno asking him to concentrate on his on field stuff rather than off field 'distractions.' From then on it appears that nobody was going to back down.

Anyway, I reckon there are a few angles on this issue, not just the fitness/attitude stuff that Wazza has talked about.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I still get all worked up about this. As paying members of the club will we be entitled to the truth one day?

I very much doubt it. I doubt that we've been told the whole truth about any of the departures, whether staff, coaching staff or players.

• 3 months later...
  • jw1739 locked this topic