Melbourne Football

Josh Kennedy retires

Cityscape

Off the bench...

This guy did well in Asia without having to run, because he was coming up against midgets.

And once he is on the pitch? Just instruct him to take up space? I assume anyone who knows anything about him would try to get as many crosses as possible to him.

Thats what I mean by no utilized properly. I'm not saying he was a great signing or anything, I just think that most people's aggression towards him because he is slow and unfit should probably be directed elsewhere.  

We've never played that way anyhow. 

I know. We sign a guy who has obvious physical limitations and then play in a way that does not suit him what so ever. Then people crack the shits at him for not doing a good job.

Like I've said, I'm glad he's gone but the people who decided it was a good idea to sign him are still here. They are the ones I'm pissed off at.

Yeah i think it was a bit naive on behalf of the club but there's alot of things that weren't perfect in the first year that will take time to learn from 

It would be really nice if we could get people at the club who dont have to learn on the job for once. 

Cant say I'm particularly upset to hear this news. Although I dont think he was utilized properly while he was with us, I am not sad to see him go.

Lol, the bloke couldn't run, what did you want us to do? Have him stand on the penalty spot and wait for him to be onside then deliver to him?

Bloke could never run, didn't stop him scoring throughout his career.

Another career destroyed by JVS. Probably for the best he is gone though, really cbf watching another season of Kennedy putting crosses into the box for a winger, rather than the other way around ffs.

FWIW, probably the best crosser we ever had.

Fold the club.

• Like 1

How many Australian internationals have retired at our club now? 

- Skoko
- Aloisi
- Bolton
- Grella
- Kewell
- Kennedy

No more oldies pls

Scott Munn just never learns from his mistakes. Sack him now

and by that you mean that he hasn't sacked JD yet.

Can't sack JD, we will lose the whole Croatian community, attendances will half. Plus his brother may also end up leaving, irreplaceable goalkeeping coach.

- Skoko
- Aloisi
- Bolton
- Grella
- Kewell
- Kennedy

No more oldies pls

Surely, after 6 mistakes his thick head will get the picture and get it right this season

Edited by Tony999

Well done for retiring when he was no longer up to it rather than just hanging around to get a pay cheque. 

Probably received some sort of mutual termination fee. You'd think it wouldn't be far off his full salary either given he could just show up to training and pocket the cash anyway.

In b4 no money left for another Australian marquee.

Cant say I'm particularly upset to hear this news. Although I dont think he was utilized properly while he was with us, I am not sad to see him go.

Lol, the bloke couldn't run, what did you want us to do? Have him stand on the penalty spot and wait for him to be onside then deliver to him?

Bloke could never run, didn't stop him scoring throughout his career.

Another career destroyed by JVS. Probably for the best he is gone though, really cbf watching another season of Kennedy putting crosses into the box for a winger, rather than the other way around ffs.

lol, a few good years in Japan against very weak defenders (physically).

how many goals did he score in 10 years in Europe Tesla? 27. In a fucking decade.

Edited by MaliMate

- Skoko
- Aloisi
- Bolton
- Grella
- Kewell
- Kennedy

No more oldies pls

Surely, after 6 mistakes his thick head will get the picture and get it right this season

Are we the departure lounge? Or to paraphrase the book "All is quiet in the western front" where no one wants to be taken to room 105 because all them are doomed so they get told they are in room 106 which is where all the doomed soldiers are waiting to expire - Heart/City is where players come to meet their end.

Off the bench...

This guy did well in Asia without having to run, because he was coming up against midgets.

And once he is on the pitch? Just instruct him to take up space? I assume anyone who knows anything about him would try to get as many crosses as possible to him.

Thats what I mean by no utilized properly. I'm not saying he was a great signing or anything, I just think that most people's aggression towards him because he is slow and unfit should probably be directed elsewhere.  

We've never played that way anyhow. 

It seemed to me that Duff spent his half season with the club crossing frozen ropes in to the box and none of his teammates were good enough or smart enough to get on the end of them. Then he gets injured and Kennedy finally makes it on to the park. I don't think it's hard to see how Kennedy would have made Duff look a lot better and vice versa.

• Like 3