Melbourne Football

Marco Tilio

Shahanga

20 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I hope you would have heard of the terms hard rock & heavy metal!

Last time I had checked a generation was 7 years then increased to 9 years. A web search now has a generation anywhere between 15 to 21 years - so depending on that score there are approximately between 2.5 through to 4 generations.

Yes, of course. But not the specific group, track, etc.

Not quite sure what genre they were classified in at the time, but I met my first GF at a gig at the university featuring Pink Floyd in 1966/67 before they became pretty big time. I don't think I'm a complete nong as far as "popular" music is concerned, but i think it's natural for many people to favour the stuff they heard until, say, their early 20s. I haven't bought anything recently, but my favourite genre is really the swing era just before I was born.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, of course. But not the specific group, track, etc.

Not quite sure what genre they were classified in at the time, but I met my first GF at a gig at the university featuring Pink Floyd in 1966/67 before they became pretty big time. I don't think I'm a complete nong as far as "popular" music is concerned, but i think it's natural for many people to favour the stuff they heard until, say, their early 20s. I haven't bought anything recently, but my favourite genre is really the swing era just before I was born.

I knew of Iron Butterfly because my neighbour who was in his early 20s and at Uni bought the record and played incessantly. Of course the Simpsons also used it n one of their episodes.

I have a very eclectic taste and I wonder how I managed to keep both heavy metal and disco going at the same time. Lost it when hip hop came around - never a fan of poetry. These days I am into Jazz (starting all the way back in the 1920s) and classical - Prokofiev symphony #1 has replaced heavy metal - he was making noise in 1905.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Can he play rb

Hearing that we'll be playing all out attack with four wingers. It will be a 2 2 5 1 formation. Young Hall Good Jeggo Antonis Tilio Jakolis Arslan Natel Leckie Maclaren 😁

• Haha 2

Good to have him back; we really don't have such a strong bench this season and have few players apart from Antonis that we have been able to change the game after coming off the bench. We now have Tilio, Jakolis and Leckie and Patel as wingers; which gives us strong bench options.

We still have a visa spot and some cash, depending on how much space we have in the salary cap.

20 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Good to have him back; we really don't have such a strong bench this season and have few players apart from Antonis that we have been able to change the game after coming off the bench. We now have Tilio, Jakolis and Leckie and Patel as wingers; which gives us strong bench options.

We still have a visa spot and some cash, depending on how much space we have in the salary cap.

Didn't know we'd signed an Indian @belaguttman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Great move for us, bad move for Tilio. Taking the soft A League option. 

Well starting European career with a medium term injury put him down the list in Europe...ideal situation for him to get good game time and prove he's ready for a decent European career. 

Bit of a springboard move for him and good for both parties!

I think this could really transform our team and the way we look. How I see it now, if everyone is fit one of Leckie or Tilio will play in midfield with the other and one of Nabbout or Jakolis on the wing. If it clicks in attack, pretty scary stuff. Now hopefully Jeggo in midfield can help sure up the defence.

For as bad as we have been I actually don't think there are that many good teams this season, we are still a chance to win something if we can click. On paper our best may still be comfortably the best in league 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fensaddler said:

He'll be hungry and up for it. On his own he could turn Macca's form around as well.

Agree, no negatives.

3 hours ago, neio said:

I think this could really transform our team and the way we look. How I see it now, if everyone is fit one of Leckie or Tilio will play in midfield with the other and one of Nabbout or Jakolis on the wing. If it clicks in attack, pretty scary stuff. Now hopefully Jeggo in midfield can help sure up the defence.

For as bad as we have been I actually don't think there are that many good teams this season, we are still a chance to win something if we can click. On paper our best may still be comfortably the best in league 

On paper we have the best team by a long way after these signings.

• 2 weeks later...