Melbourne Football

Forum changes 19/06/2015

Tesla

Forum software major update.

New theme.

Possibly a number of issues over the coming days due to the forum software being a major update.

Note: there are processes running in the background still converting things, eg rebuilding posts, so for example quotes of another post aren't displaying correctly, should fix itself when the process is finished

Edited by Tesla

How do I jump straight to my first unread post on the mobile version of the site? I used to be able to do it by clicking on the thread title but now that takes me to the beginning of the thread.

I hope the above can be changed back.

On the PC version, hover your cursor over the black dot that appears on the left-hand side of the page next to the thread title. A little black tile comes up that says "Go to first unread post." Click on the dot and this take you to that post.

(For threads that you are up-to-date with the dot is replaced by a grey asterisk.)

I don't have a cell 'phone, but hopefully the above will work on that.

so bright. my eyes! B)

Scroll all the way down the bottom of the page and click on 'theme' then click on one fi the other themes. Mf is much easier on the eyes. 

Yeah I might put this as the default, for some reason I didn't like it when I first created it so then I created mf2, now I dont like mf2.

Either way more work is required.

The set up is different.

There's a star on the left of topics with new posts but I think that takes you to the most recent post and not the last unread.

Pretty sure the star takes you to the first uunread, and on the right you can access the last post. Which means it's the same as before where there was a circle or whatever on the left to go to the last unread and on the right you could go to the last post. 

so what's the general consensus on mf vs mf2? Which one is closer to what people like?

Is the only difference between them that mf2 is blue at the top where it says Melbourne football?

Mainly, i think there were 1 or two other small things.

mf.

I find many monitors to be too bright, irrespective of what I'm looking at (FWIW same with TV). I adjusted the settings on my monitor years ago for that reason. If you have a decent monitor it should be possible - mine's an LG.

so what's the general consensus on mf vs mf2? Which one is closer to what people like?

mf2 burns out my retinas.  Would probably force me to find useful things to do in my life (rather than log on) if this was a permanent feature. (which obviously might not really be a bad thing!)

• Like 1