Melbourne Football

City v Vi7it0rs April 17

TheStig

2 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Just quietly I reckon Nabbout was trying to cross it for that first goal. Very Mate Dugandzic-esc 

He was definitely crossing it, he said so... But my question is, who the hell was he trying to cross it to? There was absolutely nobody anywhere near where the ball ended up

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, malloy said:

FYI: I have moderated a post stating where the original allegations were. This was done on the basis that the person who made the allegation can easily be identified, which may result in them being subjected to abuse.  I believe the club have been notified and I assume Victoria Police too.

I ask that forumites refrain from posting anything that can identify the person again (I know that they can easily be found, but doesn't mean we have to make it easier)

I suggest that we just drop comment for the moment and let whatever investigations there are going to be take place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neio said:

He was definitely crossing it, he said so... But my question is, who the hell was he trying to cross it to? There was absolutely nobody anywhere near where the ball ended up

That's why i originally thought he meant it. thought he was happy to bang towards the back post, cause a bit of chaos.

16 hours ago, haz said:

Noone was invisible before getting subbed.

I have to disagree with you on this. I've been critical of Noone before but IMO he's redeemed himself in recent matches, and is combining well with Jamieson. What we're doing is playing old-fashioned football - getting the ball out wide to a couple of wingers, and them crossing it into the centre forward into the 6-yard box to get it into the net somehow - anyhow - chest, foot, head, doesn't matter. And if the rebound comes out we have players backing up to have another go. Our combination of this with the high press is unstoppable. And I think Noone is playing his part in this very effectively, second on our goalscorers list and plenty of assists if you want to count those.

If Noone can play his role for 60-70 minutes and then make way for Tilio I'm more than happy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Just quietly I reckon Nabbout was trying to cross it for that first goal. Very Mate Dugandzic-esc 

Yeah, I reckon you're right. The celebration would've been bigger if he meant that. The degree of difficulty was greater than chipping a keeper from halfway. 

1 minute ago, ChopperHeart said:

Away derby 1 @ Marvel was 11,467

Have we ever seen an AAMI derby crowd beat the away one?!

Who is the biggest club in Melbourne now? Seriously listen to that howl from our fans when that seventh goal goes in. There's ten years of being sneered at and belittled in that scream of joy. It just says got you, you bastards, at last, now slink off and snivel. 

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Were the COV-19 rules the same in both cases?

Don't think that Marvel crowd was so limited that it couldn't have been much larger. They've just given up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 10:03 AM, n i k o said:

Can you advise where this comment was made?

In all seriousness, and assuming the claim is true, I hope the fair-minded Victory supporters call out this kind of behaviour and that it does not go unpunished.