Melbourne Football

City v Vi7it0rs April 17

TheStig

I can only say that I never thought I would ever see that scoreline in favour of City in an A-League match, and certainly not in a Derby. An utter rout. PK got everything right, the defence was solid, the midfield dominant, and the forward line exciting to watch. It was probably a bold move to drop Florin in favour of Luna, and certainly bold to pull off Griffiths when he did, but it all worked. Tilio and Cola were superb when they came on and we were scoring at will towards the end. 

Great performance, great win, great evening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How good was that!

We sunk the slipper into those low lifes and don’t they deserve it.

I must say it makes the years of watching blokes like Aloisi and Joyce manage the club all seem worth it. I hope all you forum old hands were at the game and got to enjoy it.

As to the game itself not a lot to say. Obviously playing against teams from lower tiers the challenge is to play the game in such a way that the quality differential can shine. We managed that challenge well and got our rewards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Shahanga said:

Hopefully not.

Maybe we should start a petition or hire a plane with a banner, “Give Grant more time”. At least till the next Detby.

It's official. See the Victory web-site. Brebner is no longer head coach of MV.

I maintain the Victory will now be sold to Manchester United. MU want an A league license and Victory are in a shambles so now is the right time to pounce. And there is the added advantage of a cross town rivalry with a City affiliate.

The stars are aligning. 

Edited by TheStig

The ridiculous thing about tonight is I didn't think we were that good for 60 minutes. We were never going to lose but the ball speed and movement wasn't there. The way they were playing we could have had 7 by half time, then all of a sudden it came back and it was beautiful. Do we have a 3rd derby this season? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, malloy said:

Tillio should replace him permanently.

Agree entirely, and this is coming out of a man who has Noone as his dp pic on the forum.

But regardless, I hope everyone of you beautiful mofos is enjoying tonight's win as hard as me!

Love you all ❤️

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

I maintain the Victory will now be sold to Manchester United. MU want an A league license and Victory are in a shambles so now is the right time to pounce. And there is the added advantage of a cross town rivalry with a City affiliate.

The stars are aligning. 

A very interesting point you make here.

Good time for the Herald Sun to raise its game at last........ this was up online within 90min....

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/city-equal-record-for-biggest-ever-aleague-win-with-70-local-derby-thrashing/news-story/8ffcfd833afad155deebc03a758d286a

image.png.73dea54414d47cb3df1fb9a8a76df7f1.png

A big sour note left from this derby fixture

The club is in disarray and their culture is even more disgusting than ever before

I have been in contact with Barbieri who saw this screenshot on my story, and has put Jmac on notice to reach out to the family [along with the club] to do something right and get to at least heal their trauma from this 

• Like 1

This was one of those games I'm going to put into the lockbox and make sure I never, ever forget.

I can't see us ever having this sort of a season ever again honestly - treasure it fellow forum fans. 6-0 and 7-0 in consecutive derbies will just never happen again. Absolutely glorious.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Nate said:

This was one of those games I'm going to put into the lockbox and make sure I never, ever forget.

I can't see us ever having this sort of a season ever again honestly - treasure it fellow forum fans. 6-0 and 7-0 in consecutive derbies will just never happen again. Absolutely glorious.

Agreed

Apart from the obvious scoreline, the best thing for me was it actually felt like a home derby.

TBF the victory had a good active support but that was it. For years since our first season whenever we had a home derby in paticular the Christmas derby we have been out numbered but the last few seasons the balance has changed, but last night was indisputable we had the majority. I'm not fussed about numbers and attendance numbers but the actual derby split for some reason really triggers me and last night was so pleasing.

Every derby I'm forever puzzled why victory fans would actually sit in the city end, now not in groups with  mates some city, but solo buffoons that for whatever their own bizare logic thinks its a good idea. I only spotted 2 last night, normally 20 plus.

We have now actually come of age.

6 hours ago, Young Polak said:

The club is in disarray and their culture is even more disgusting than ever before

I have been in contact with Barbieri who saw this screenshot on my story, and has put Jmac on notice to reach out to the family [along with the club] to do something right and get to at least heal their trauma from this 

Mrs Fensaddler and I were right next to a punch up that kicked off outside the ground, by the crossing on Olympic Boulevard, just as we were leaving the match. Looked to me like they were all Victory ultras dressed in black, and seemed to be fighting amongst themselves. There are some absolute ferals amongst the Victory support. But Young Polak's account above is another level of shocking beyond. I had almost begun to feel sorry for the poor buggers, but I'm inclined to the view that they deserve everything that's coming to them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheStig said:

The stars are aligning. 

Will Man U want to buy a plastic franchise that stands for nothing?

They even need to change their name, perhaps they should be reported to  Consumer affairs for misleading advertising

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Missing_Moy said:

Only thing is does Tillio have 90 minutes in him ? 

One way to find out

10 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Hopefully not.

Maybe we should start a petition or hire a plane with a banner, “Give Grant more time”. At least till the next Detby.

#AloisiIn

visit0rs were just unlucky

8 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Can you advise where this comment was made?

The best thing I like about what we are doing (apart from the obvious results) is we are putting mental doubts into teams now. 

What's the first thing we think we about when we have Adelaide away? It's that FFA cup final, it's that semi final, it's everytime we seem to go to there we do shit. 

Now, Victory will have the exact same thoughts next time we play them, Macarthur will have them next week after the smashing we gave them, WSW will have same after 2 dominant performances.

Its only a small thing but we have already won part of the battle before teams come up against us at the moment 

• Like 3

On another pleasing side note is that PK used the full bench. Up until yesterday the bench was used sparingly and often late (injuries aside) so the doubts were whether the players could step up and fit seamlessly, and also once the Olympics and ACL get under way the team would be stretched without players having sufficient game time. The first question has been answered the depth is there as well as the confidence. Now all they need is the game time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

In regards to that story there’s only one organisation to contact. Victoria Police.

Going off by his replies, he is taking it further with vicpol 

Edit: and now there are victory fans chiming in to say it's all fake news and he was just verbally confronted after giving them stick in front of his daughters, so who knows what really happened 

Edited by Young Polak

FYI: I have moderated a post stating where the original allegations were. This was done on the basis that the person who made the allegation can easily be identified, which may result in them being subjected to abuse.  I believe the club have been notified and I assume Victoria Police too.

I ask that forumites refrain from posting anything that can identify the person again (I know that they can easily be found, but doesn't mean we have to make it easier)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1