Melbourne Football

Fold FIFA

Tesla

Blatter: " I can forgive but I won't forget."

Seriously doubt we get the 2026 WC now.

We might as well pull out of FIFA. We just landed on the same shit list England's on.

Mate 2026?

Was your delegation planning on bribing their way to victory? Only way you can win.

There is no point bidding for a World Cup until FIFA is cleaned up.

• Like 1

The pessimist in me thinks that all that will happen is that a Blatter's chosen successor will become President and it will be business as usual, albeit minus a few figures who've gotten caught.  Have seen nothing yet to make me expect different.

people should read the article on "The World Game" about Sepp might have been misleading as he never said he was resigning just stepping aside until after all the investigations are finished or words to that effect so we will have to wait and see what transpires.

The pessimist in me thinks that all that will happen is that a Blatter's chosen successor will become President and it will be business as usual, albeit minus a few figures who've gotten caught.  Have seen nothing yet to make me expect different.

people should read the article on "The World Game" about Sepp might have been misleading as he never said he was resigning just stepping aside until after all the investigations are finished or words to that effect so we will have to wait and see what transpires.

Haha, I watched the announcement, it was bizarre, having such a big announcement in such an empty room but besides that I can't recall his exact wording about his departure.   He'd be a real asshole if he were to pull some sort of trick and come back if he isn't convicted of anything. 

Though if he is calling in an emergency vote, I'd be shocked if there's some way for him to essentially revoke that vote later and restore himself. 

It's all falling down like a house of cards, obviously there's been some back handers to certain countries. What's the most annoying thing is how England and Australia were led down the garden path thinking we were in line for a fair chance of getting the tournaments. I cannot see Russia & Qatar being stripped of hosting .

• 1 month later...

A story in the press about a move to have Platini run as El Presidente.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/07/20/uefa-silent-platini-fifa-presidency-speculation

As I recall Platini had his finger prints all over the Qatar victory.  Not sure football needs to replace one tainted leader with another one.

No thanks, and TBH I'm surprised that he apparently has support outside of Uefa.

This is the bloke who came up with FFP, who knows what other retarded shit he plans.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3 June 2015 at 6:49:14 AM, Shahanga said:

Me neither.

This is huge. Perhaps the game now has some hope of moving forward with integrity and the chances of a "rebel" organisation are diminished.

Hopefully one day we will find out who got paid what for the 2022 bid.

There I was thinking Blatter would actually leave. My mistake.

Nothing to see here, move along.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Excellent article by Les Murray about where reform at FIFA is heading.  In case  you thought it was safe to go back to the boardroom, it looks like the "open and transparent" days of Blatter are a thing of the past.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2017/05/22/fifa-reforms-dead-and-buried

Really, should Australia be a member of this organisation?

8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Excellent article by Les Murray about where reform at FIFA is heading.  In case  you thought it was safe to go back to the boardroom, it looks like the "open and transparent" days of Blatter are a thing of the past.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2017/05/22/fifa-reforms-dead-and-buried

Really, should Australia be a member of this organisation?

As FFA stands at the moment, it probably fits quite well into FIFA. What reforms and progress are we seeing out of FFA? I can name the FFA Cup, but elsewhere all I see out of FFA is talk and glossy brochures, backflips and missed target dates. Where are the reforms to the FFA Board? Where is the new funding model for the A-League? Where are the quantitative criteria for expansion? Where are the NYL and WWL going? And so on and so forth.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...